Sneak Peek...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
I think we should stick with real used military weapon. Not pink fur enhanced m16 shortbarrel with integrated tv command

BobTheFearlessFish

Jun 2, 2000
Nottingham, England
drJ. just a few tips with rendering with brazil...

first off turn on the CSG plane. this will limit the GI to coming only from the upper hemisphere. and thus giving nice shadows.

you can also achieve some nice efffects by turning GI down a touch. to 0.6 or so. and then using some directional lights to give some mroe directed shadows to the model

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
... im not even using brazil ;) this is a renderer for blender, yafray (stands for Yet Another Free RAYtracer) but anyway, we should get in touch and i should learn brazil bobthefearlessfish ;)

the M14 will get edited, ecale spent forever trying to get me to understand the reciever and charging handle assembly and this will be appropriately changed.

oh yeah bushwack, i use free software too :) its called blender . great software. the polygon modelling component and UV texturing is quite powerful in my opinion. i can model and set uv maps much quicker and with much more confidence than i can ever with max. but max does have its strong points as well so i just export and import between the two a bit ;) (attatched here is a screenshot of me working in blender)

actually, does anyone know if blender is the only modelling software that sports a polycount slider where you can set the desired number of polygons and the program approximates the shape then replots all the vertices? (this question mainly directed at bobthefearlessfish, since hes the pro around here :) )

Attachments

• blender.jpg
    blender.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 112

-Freshmeat

Eternally noob
Dec 4, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
You are getting real close with the AK. Now if you just make the butt a little more slim I do not think I will bash you further. And the assault version of the m4 or whatever you show, Dr. J, seems quite interesting.

-Freshmeat

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
DarkBls said:
Does a black AKMSU exist out there ? (Not a customized version)

No. Black furniture only became available for the AK74 and beyond.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
It should be a great thing if someone that made the actual INF weapons could write a complete -public- tutorial on what to do exactly when you already have a 3D rifle/handgun/chicken... model made in a 3D program to have it imported in Infiltration 2.9.

That would certainly open the door to a lot of new weapon possible weapons made by users , as if a tutorial was made the difficulty left to the guy modelling the weapon would be only to model them in 3D.

i am really interested in that and will certainly begin to learn those free modeling program , but as an example if i make a 3D model , i have really no clue at all on how to import it and use it in Infiltration 2.9
That is why a tutorial about, as an example, how the Minimi after the 3D modelling, found his way in INF2.9 ingame would be very neat.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
I think I'm going to put together some stuff, but I'd really only do it assuming I could also get someone to mesh, skin, animate, and code the thing. Is this possible?

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
Arethusa said:
think I'm going to put together some stuff, but I'd really only do it assuming I could also get someone to mesh, skin, animate, and code the thing. Is this possible?

you mean make a pack? because if you mean individual weapons thats the whole process ;)

EDIT: oh yeah.. oops :D thanks corwze :)

Last edited:

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
updated SPR. Lowered the sidecount on the cylinders and made a new stock. I also started an M16A4, not sure if i want to finish that one though.

Attachments

• SPR1.JPG
    SPR1.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 44
  • SPR2.JPG
    SPR2.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 38
  • SPR3.JPG
    SPR3.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 29
  • SPR4.JPG
    SPR4.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 28

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
M16A4. Ugh, i worked on this one for an hour in 3ds max to pretty it up and the proggie froze when i went to save. Totally killed my will to work on it anymore. This is what i had done in wings3d. Still not sure if i want to finish this.

Attachments

• M16A4.JPG
    M16A4.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 51
  • M16A4-2.JPG
    M16A4-2.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 49
  • M16A4-3.JPG
    M16A4-3.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 33

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
yurch said:
It should be noted that the current AK weapon 'model' is not a AKMSU, but a AKS-74U.
aks74u.jpg
That reminds me of a picture I saw the other day:
akmsu.jpg

A short, folding stock AK in 7.62x39mm, aka. the AKMSU.(Lithuanian special forces btw.) Apart from the magazine, it is more or less identical to the in-game AKMSU.

Specter

Infiltrator
Jul 17, 2002
Is your M24 going to have iron sights as well as a scope attatchment? That would be really neat, since the M24 does iron sights that can be fitted instead of a scope. Also you may be able to get rid of a few polygons by making all the cylinders six sided instead of eight sided. I think most of the weapons in Infiltration use six sided cylinders.

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
well i was going to make the irons, but then i saw pictures of them and it made me cry. So *I* will not be making the irons. If someone else makes them then that is all fine and well. Both the front and rear sights attach to the gun on rails anyway, so they could just be an attachment anyway.

Specter

Infiltrator
Jul 17, 2002
ecale3 said:
well i was going to make the irons, but then i saw pictures of them and it made me cry.

Okay, I kind of see what you mean now... the sights are more complicated that I thought. I thought they would be more like the Accuracy International rifle iron sights.

ecale3 said:
If someone else makes them then that is all fine and well.

I think I'll give it a try. Do you know how attachments work in the game? Are they a seperate model from the weapon, or does the weapon have to be modeled seperately with each attachment?

Attachments

• Fig2-22.gif
    Fig2-22.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Fig2-23.gif
    Fig2-23.gif
    31 KB · Views: 45
  • Fig2-24.gif
    Fig2-24.gif
    30 KB · Views: 37