1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sneak Peek...

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by ecale3, Jan 22, 2004.

1. MP_Lord_Kee

MP_Lord_Kee New Member

YES YES YES YES!! Awesome choise for a weapon to model and hopefully implement to inf :)
    If you need a hand with anything, lemme know.

//Kee

2. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

Animating :).

3. fist_mlrs

fist_mlrs that other guy

well, well, but most likely fired a uzi as well ;)

actually it is much more likely he has fired a uzi then a g36 as the later one hasn't been in service for long and is no standart issue to training units. this means the waepons he has propably fired are: g3, mg3, uzi, p1 and some sort of at weapon (most likely panzerfaust3).

btw: i'd love to see a walther p1 in inf :con:

4. [C22]-Dragoon

[C22]-Dragoon Catch-22 Clan leader

Would be nice gift for us finns :D.

Nice work Aco btw!

5. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

A P1 ? Pretty old of a modern combat simulator like INF, don't you think ?

6. fist_mlrs

fist_mlrs that other guy

thats not the point, i wouldn't call it a usefull weapon anyway :p

its just so much fun to shoot (especialy if you actually hit something!!!)

7. DamienW

DamienW I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir

Yess !!! Finn hardware !! Nice, very nice :)

8. Puncher

Puncher AFA member

I did a quick layover of your G36 with a picture of one (G36E from HKPRO). I stretched it a bit to more or less be similar to your model in the trigger group area. Mainly it is streched a bit horizontally now. You'll notice:

- Your trigger guard goes down too far. The way your model is set up there would be barely space for two fingers below the trigger guard, but three should fit.
    - Magazine way too big.
    - Stock too long.
    - Barrel too short (the G36 barrel extends quite a bit out the front, while yours barely does).

Attached Files:

• g36.jpg
      g36.jpg
      File size:
      38.8 KB
      Views:
  9. [121st]Bienlein

[121st]Bienlein Doctor please...

Beppo served more than ten years ago if I remember that right, and for all I know the G36 isn´t so long used by the German Army (maybe by the lifers ;)). When I was in the Army to absolve my basic military service my platoon was one of the first to get trained with the G36, and that was in the year 2000.
    But maybe Beppo´s definition of models we are not "allowed" to model includes the G36, too :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2004
  10. Freon

Freon Braaaaiinss...

I think he also said no to model anything from the armory (but I'm not too sure about that)

11. Gnam

Gnam Member

Hey Bushwack, which G36 are you modeling? From the proportions, your model looks closest to the G36K. If you're trying to do the regular G36, then Puncher is right about the misproportions.

Anyway, based on the side view pic, here are my observations (compaired to a pic I have of a G36k.) If you're going a regular G36, these could be wrong.

1) The carry handle of your model is not long enough. In your model, the front ataches right at the back of the handgaurd. In the G36k it attaches in the middle of the handgaurd. The back part of the carry handle (where the scope is) seems slight too short as well. The front of the scope should line up with the back of the ejection port and the front of the trigger gaurd.

2) As puncher said the magazine is too wide. In your model, it takes up almost the whole distance between the front of the trigger gaurd and the end of the receiver. Judging by my pic of the real thing, the magazine width is only about 80% of that length.

3) The trigger gaurd is too tall. In your model, it connects right in the middle of the pistol grip. In the real thing, it conects about 3/4 of the way up the pistol grip. Also, the trigger is connected to the receiver in your model right in the corner between the pistol grip and receiver. In the real thing, it is further forward.

4) Top line of the butt stock is too low. In the real thing, it is higher than the ejection port. In your's is below the ejection port.

5) The flash hider should be much longer.

I think that's about it. Good luck.

12. NoFate

NoFate BAD TAQUE'S ROBAR..BAD ROBAR!

13. Bushwack

Bushwack Avenged Sevenfold...

Thanx for the feedback on the G36, a Gnam is correct in recognising the K Variant of the weapon {similar in size to the M4 and for same usage and intermediate}. most of the things wrong should be easy enough to fix, although i will point out that all the G36 rifles components have cross compativility, so there is no ONE variant that is a correct one, you simply set the weapon up for waht you want it to be used for{one of its major selling points aside from it being made by HK :D}
    Those adjustments are simple, and ill get right on them guys, thanx...

As for WHAT i model and WHAT i play the game with, thats kinda up to me, noone dictates what i do with my sparetime, although i respect Beppos judgement and opinion...just because im modelling an UZI doesnt mean i intend for it to be ingame, it just means thats what i wanted to try at that moment in time, this is a learning process for me, and done purely out of curiosity and fun.
    Gimme a suggestion, post a link, as for what ive modelled already, im modelling them not from pictures, but from the actual guns i own or that my friends own.

@ Damien.. the P7 is made by Heckler & Koch Gmbh, the same manufacturers of the PSG, the MP5 series, the SOCOM, and many other fine firearms, it can be drawn and fired safer and faster than any other auto pistol made to date, i own 3 of them, and its my personal choice for CCW}concealed carry weapons}, the variant i modelled is the M10 in 40 caliber, made for Law Enforcement.

see link {altough its the civlian 9mm variant}:http://www.hk-usa.com/pages/military-le/handguns/p7m8.html

Last edited: Feb 11, 2004
  14. Bushwack

here are updated renders for the G36K weapons system, with accessories, RIS rail/irons site, Flashlite, 3.5X Reflex Site and LAM, Foregrip.

All info gleaned from the HK website.

resized the magazine and magwell, tweaked grip/site rail for size, tweaked rear buttstock, shortened barrel {the flash supressor is closer now to K model}, and added the accessories.

Lemme know what you all think.

BW OUT!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2004
  15. ecale3

ecale3 Sniper - May be harmful to your health.

Is the K version the Full Size one? the barrel still looks a bit short. Otherwise Nice work.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2004
  16. Bushwack

17. NTKB

NTKB Banned

Can someone please model, code and make sound effects for a supressor for the SIG-551? That would kick ass...

18. ecale3

ecale3 Sniper - May be harmful to your health.

does the sig HAVE a suppressor?

19. NoFate

NoFate BAD TAQUE'S ROBAR..BAD ROBAR!

Although most any firearm can be made to use a suppressor, any sig55x model is prolly gonna be a very specialized (read rare) piece of hardware. It would be cool to see one outfitted that way tho :p

- NF

20. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

If someone does do a mutie for the Sig, I recommend fully remodeling it (which you might have to do anyway) since the sights on the current one don't really look anything like the real thing.