Sneak Peek...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Freshmeat

Eternally noob
Dec 4, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
You are getting a lot closer. The handguard still needs to be a bit shorter though, but if you keep inproving at this rate, you'll soon have something ready.

-Freshmeat

Attachments

• AK74ii.jpg
    AK74ii.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 114

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Nice work ecale!

GJ with those overlays Freshmeat. They seem to show exactly what needs fixing.

What advantage with the M24 have over the PSG?? Maybe a little less bulk? Maybe that bipod could be one advantage...

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
hey ecale youre fine ;) you dont really need me :D its just that you dont know how to keep your polycounts low at the moment.. but as you keep going youll see where you dont need the detail and where you do.. like with the M4A1 i did it was 1100 polygons, but now with my version of the M14DMR that im doing, im trying to think about where to add detail since ive done a fair bit of the rifle but still only at a polycount of around 600... you just need to watch how many sides to give your cylinders (eg look at the muzzle break on your AK.. that should be fine with an octagonal or hexangonal prism :) )

oh yeah since i cant be bothered PMing you the M14 just yet, ill just put my M14DMR so far here (and on my part optimisation takes no skill, its just a triangle count slider in blender after i import it in ;) ):

M14DMR_01.jpg

M14DMR_02.jpg

M14DMR_03.jpg

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
and heres ecale3s version, after fiddling with the polycount slider a bit ;) :

M14DMRecale_01.jpg

M14DMRecale_02.jpg

(ignore the weird white stuff, thats just the renderer playing up... its been a year and i still havent quite come to terms with this renderer :con: but then i havnet used it much)

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
PSG1 Length: 44.8 inches - weight: 17.86lbs - accuracy: ~1moa - muzzle velocity: 2584fps

M24 Length: 43 inches - weight: 12.1lbs - accuracy:.5moa (M118 ammo is the limiting factor) - muzzle velocity: apx. 2800fps

So the M24 is a bit shorter, a couple pounds lighter, twice as accurate, and has a higher muzzle velocity so flight times will be a bit shorter. It also uses a Luepold M3A 10x42 Day Optic or the AN\PVS10 8.5x DAy/Night optic so it has two scopes, both of which are more powerful the the 6x scope the PSG uses. The M24 also has a bipod.

Last edited:

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
Nice Ecale, but i hope that that monstrosity isnt implemented until we have maps that have the range required for its use :D
other than that, most excellent, what program are you using to make those and where could i get it and how easy are they to use?

-Freshmeat

Eternally noob
Dec 4, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
Really nice M14's. I would love to have one in game. But the one I am really jumping up and down to see added is the AK-74. BTW, while you are at that model, why don't you use it as a base for an RPK-74? The version depicted has folding butt, but the standard RPK-74 looks just the same. It has the standard 30 rd magazine, a long 45 rd, and a 75 rd drum. The model could easily be built from your AK-74. Just lengthen the barrel and change the buttstock, and you have two guns for the work of one. The RPK-74 would be harder to control while standing up, and somewhat bulkier due to its length, but when prone it would be as powerfull as the minimi. With AK-74 and RPK-74 in game, we could start making eastern bloc forces.

-Freshmeat (That would make me :D )

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
Bushwack said:
Nice Ecale, but i hope that that monstrosity isnt implemented until we have maps that have the range required for its use :D
other than that, most excellent, what program are you using to make those and where could i get it and how easy are they to use?

1.wings 3d
2.free download
3. relatively easy, but i am still learning it so not really sure. (but i've only been modeling in earnest for the last month and a half.

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
The SPR (Special Purpose Rifle). A suppressed 5.56mm semi-automatic precision rifle. same flattop mount as the m16a3/m4 series, mounts a variety of optics (not shown). Flip up sights if you don't want a scope (good luck with that...). It can also mount a harris bipod (not shown).

Attachments

• SPR1.JPG
    SPR1.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 71
  • SPR2.JPG
    SPR2.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 65
  • SPR3.JPG
    SPR3.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
WOW! good work Ecale!

If you can be bothered please model some attachements for the AK (scopes and such), So they can compete with the other western weapons already implemented.

Keep up the great work.

P.s. Can one export models and animations to UT/UT2k3 from blender? Link to How-to tutorial?

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
ecale , the AK is looking great! Dr J too !
realy good job!

i have a suggestion for you and a quite easy suggestion :

Could you guys make a black skin for the AKMSU ?with black mags to. Drums , i dont know about it.
i dont think it would be so hard to do ! then add it as a new weapon. (Black AKMSU). Dont change any animations, code. what do you think of it?

ecale3

Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
instead how about when we have time (could be awhile) we just take the akmsu, extract it, rename it the aks-74u, give it the proper ammo type and damage values, and add its available attachments.

Attachments

• aks-74ui_icon.jpg
    aks-74ui_icon.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 81

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
DarkBls said:
Does a black AKMSU exist out there ? (Not a customized version)

mm only customs i guess... but i'dlike to have one custom black AK :)

and i would like to have a modern AK variant. not all the AK guns are outdated !!!!!