1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rules for playing ut99 online (silly version)

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by evilgrins, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Blorgg

Blorgg Active Member

Rule #1: Always shoot evilgrins in the face.

Calling Unreal Tournament: UT99 is like calling Minecraft: Minecraft Java. I'll be damned if I'll start calling UT something else just because newbies get confused. If there's nothing after "UT", it's not 2003, 2004 or 3.

2. evilgrins

evilgrins God of Fudge

See, this doesn't work because at the start of the thread, there already is a Rule #1.
    Also, I'm bothered to see you dissing MineCraft Java. How dare you, sir!

#Rule #57: Hide your head.

3. Blorgg

Blorgg Active Member

What are you talking about? Minecraft is great. Renaming it to "Minecraft Java" was just stupid. Same as renaming Unreal Tournament is stupid. That doesn't make those games any less fun to play. It just goes to show how many dumb people exist in the world that they seem to have trouble distinguishing between simple names.

4. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

They're both great games.

5. evilgrins

evilgrins God of Fudge

I'm not the one that renamed the original UT to ut99. Most of the people that play UT refer to whichever version they're referring to by the year it came out.

If that bothers you, take it up with whoever actually did that first.

6. WedgeBob

WedgeBob XSI Mod Tool User

With that logic, UT3 would have been under its original name of UT2007...but I agree, UT99 is certainly a bit more specific for the original one. :) All of the UT franchise is gold in my book... I could play, mod, and map for either one, if need be.