Rules for playing ut99 online (silly version)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
Rule #1: Always shoot evilgrins in the face.

Calling Unreal Tournament: UT99 is like calling Minecraft: Minecraft Java. I'll be damned if I'll start calling UT something else just because newbies get confused. If there's nothing after "UT", it's not 2003, 2004 or 3.

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
What are you talking about? Minecraft is great. Renaming it to "Minecraft Java" was just stupid. Same as renaming Unreal Tournament is stupid. That doesn't make those games any less fun to play. It just goes to show how many dumb people exist in the world that they seem to have trouble distinguishing between simple names.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
I'm not the one that renamed the original UT to ut99. Most of the people that play UT refer to whichever version they're referring to by the year it came out.

If that bothers you, take it up with whoever actually did that first.
With that logic, UT3 would have been under its original name of UT2007...but I agree, UT99 is certainly a bit more specific for the original one. :) All of the UT franchise is gold in my book... I could play, mod, and map for either one, if need be.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Rule billion: Don't molest warcows in the shadowy corners of tempest. At least, make sure you bring the saucecannon with you and grease up those wobbly buttocks for fire in the hole.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Rule Omega: If you find yourself being chased by a blue ghost, a red ghost, as green ghost, and a yellow ghost it's possible you're in the wrong game, or found the secret level on the original Wolfenstein, but in any event you can't kill them so RUN!