rtnp in ut

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Thanks eagleAR!:tup:
Yep, I tried again and it worked. I forget it's fileplanet sometimes.

And the good news, it works on my macintosh!:D
Only problem, the opening movies and intermissions don't work, so I have to load all the levels via the console. The CAR and pack-hunters work fine though.

Anybody want to tell me the proper order that the levels go in?:)

eagleAR

Nov 25, 2000
try this in console
open intro1?game=udsdemo.csmovie
open intro2?game=udsdemo.csmovie
open end?game=udsdemo.csmovie
if this work then check ur changes in UnrealTournament.ini again

for the proper order of maps, start it from duskfalls.unr
open duskfalls?game=upak.duskfallsgame

Last edited:

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
OK, got it all working fine now! I misnamed a few files (mac can't read the accursed windows VFAT filenames off the CD, just the 8-letter DOS names, so I had to make some guesses), and forgot to add the Sounds/INT/*.uax directory to my .ini. But now it works perfectly, but isn't there a monologue by your character before the first mission starts? Not that I'm complaining mind you.

eagleAR

Nov 25, 2000
Important:
if ur player class is Nali, Naliwarcow, Skaarj, XanMark, WarBoss then the game wont run properly

Metakill: ya there is still a monologue before first level, & also in all intermission levels there r monologues, check that u have all interm* sounds

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
The monologues between levels work, just not the first one, I probably named it wrong or something. One other problem, sometimes it goes into "Paused" mode and I can't get out of it to keep playing. Can't get it to work with oldskool at all. Still rocks, tho.

eagleAR

Nov 25, 2000
as i said earlier
if ur player class is Nali, Naliwarcow, Skaarj, XanMark, WarBoss then the game wont run properly (u have pauses)

the first monologue file is introsnd2.uax (9 letters), & u said that mac uses 8 letter dos names
:)

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Oops! I was using Abbey custom model, probably caused the pauses (though game still used female voice). OK, just to clarify, The opening dialogue with the Terran ship discussing your fate works, but is there also a monologue by your character before the first level begins? This isn't playing. Maybe using standard model will fix it.

thechief7

Playmate
Oct 27, 2001
My room
I finally got it to work!
Not only can you add the creatures, but you can also add the guns
You could put a whole arsenal of weapons in your level

qwerty919

Oct 28, 2001
Rhode Island
Visit site
when i try to load up rtnp in oldskool, it starts playing the intro, but there is only a black screen. the "epicgames" presents etc text appears, but the intro does not load, and it doesnt play the right music. however, when i try to run it with straight ut it appears to work fine (havent tryed the game yet wanted to see if it worked in oldskool first. the flyby woks for oldskool though. i dunno. help, please.:hmm:

eagleAR

Nov 25, 2000
qwerty919: do u follow the instructions in readme?
ur console must be upak.upakconsole
& ur player class must be one of those (commando or soldier or femalecommando or femalesoldier)
for the music go to oldskoolconfiguration, select music, & press reset, uncheck forcemusic
hope this will help
:)