Recent Fads/Trends That Will Shamefully Define this Generation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BlackFish

ginger synther hipster
May 9, 2004
Emo.

It's today's romanticism, only back in the day it actually produced good literature, paintings and art. Emo just produces crappy music.

+1

Explosions in the sky is a great band that doesn't use vocals yet its considered post-rock.

hip hop/rap and emo music need to die. they're no thought put into the music at all.

in college tobacco smoking seems more taboo than weed smoking.

oh and the current college generation doesn't seem to give a rats ass about politics, especially with Bush gone en all.

if you're wondering, my playlist is really diverse, ranging from Dream Theater to The Covenant to The Killers to Spoon to Smashing Pumpkins to Justice. i just like a good beat en all.

Last edited:

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
Hmm...Fads/Trends that will shamefully define this Generation?

I think maybe the more people are talking about fads or trends defining this generation is something that will shamely define this generation.

BTW that isnt a troll statement.

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
Facebook
Emo
Rap
Most general teenage subcultures
The need for 11 year old to carry weapons (there is no real need other than the fact that they all have weapons and say that they are to defend themselves against eachother)
A large proportion of the internet
Fast food and the number of clinically obese people
Skinny jeans (yet I will enjoy them while I can :lol:)
Some of the crap nonexistant parenting in the world
And so much more.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Allot. But the annoying ones don't last as long as the classics :p
Its like natural selection.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
What's emo actually? Is it some sort of fake depressive mood, that became popular or something?

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Emo is like goth-lite. I first knew of it in the time of The Get Up Kids, Dashboard Confessional, etc. time. It comes from the music (which supposedly EMOtional punk) and it's a trendy, scene sort of darkness, mostly wrapped in the angst of teens. It can be hot
hot-emo+-girls.jpg

or freaky
[SCREENSHOT]http://img.pauzicka.zoznam.sk/pictures/EMO.1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
but it is simply another teen thing. Is it really that bad? No, but people on here are giant elitist douche bags that get all pissy when something is popular that they don't happen to enjoy.

~Jason

BlackFish

ginger synther hipster
May 9, 2004
I had an emo kid for my first roomate before I moved out of dorms and he was the whiniest douchebag i've ever met. He always threw emo tantrums all the time.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Post-rock: Like the cheesy synthesizers of the 80s, echoing guitar effects on mellow single notes have stained this decade's music. Favorite thing ruined by this trend: The Watchment. Great movie, terrible post-rock score. Damn you Slint.

I really like Post Rock. I was glad to see that they used a post rock soundtrack rather than the typical run of the mill dude tard alpha male butt rock singing some kind of douche ballad soundtrack that gets used in so many comic book movies.

Good Post Rock bands:

The Sea And Cake

The Album Leaf

Thing that I think this decade will be remembered for will be how fat people got. I think people will slowly realize that being fat is not healthy and will eventually start to take better care of themselves.

The skinny girl jeans thing will be laughable.

The return of mid 80's florescent colored clothes.

The Bush Administration (regardless of your views on it)

Pop music invades everything. Hip-Hop is dead as a result. All the Rap stuff on the radio is really just Pop. It was bound to happen to that genre eventually, but just like everything else; they found a formula and have recycled it to death.

R&B bitches over bull**** tracks. Beyonce will not be remembered as this generation's Diana Ross, but more of another stupid bitch from her generation that things more is more. I hate how a lot of R&B bitches through their voice all up and down the scale as if that really sounds nice. Less is more.

Last edited:

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
dragonfliet said:
but it is simply another teen thing.
Oh I see. I knew it had to do with teens, but I thought it started as some sort of inconscent reaction to today's U.S. society and current events

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Is it really that bad? No, but people on here are giant elitist douche bags that get all pissy when something is popular that they don't happen to enjoy.
Or get that way when it is completely stupid and makes people look like idiots. It's no different than my generation who wore pants that were 10 sizes too big or giant shoes that didn't fit and left them untied with the laces tucked in and crap. Is it ruining the world? No. But it sure gives people a bad impression of you when you dress/act like that.