Recent Fads/Trends That Will Shamefully Define this Generation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Kinda funny that the people that are defending the "marijuana is bad" argument are Republicans. Oh and also, Marijuana was made illegal in the past for totally racist reasons and ...

Cocaine was added to the original drug control bill in 1937 because of racism as they thought it made black people more violent. That was not the case with marijuana.

Anyway, your links were kinda crappy. Just a hint, but don't link to blogs as sources.

Neddaf

Just a flesh wound!
Jul 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
Cocaine was added to the original drug control bill in 1937 because of racism as they thought it made black people more violent. That was not the case with marijuana.

Anyway, your links were kinda crappy. Just a hint, but don't link to blogs as sources.

I wish I was more patient. I would've uploaded the hundreds of pages of essays on these topics that I have.

But instead, read "Food of the Gods" by Terence Mckenna. Great book.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
But instead, read "Food of the Gods" by Terence Mckenna. Great book.

The ethnobotanist co-author of Psilocybin: The Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide (not reviewed) puts forth the theory that magic mushrooms are the original ``tree of knowledge'' and that the general lack of psychedelic exploration is leading Western society toward eventual collapse or destruction--controversial statements, to say the least, though the argument's details often prove fascinating. In the beginning, McKenna tells us, there were protohumans with small brains and plenty of genetic competition, and what eventually separated the men from the apes was an enthusiasm for the hallucinogenic mushrooms that grew on the feces of local cattle. Claiming that psilocybin in the hominid diet would have enhanced eyesight, sexual enjoyment, and language ability and would have thereby placed the mushroom-eaters in the front lines of genetic evolution--eventually leading to hallucinogen-ingesting shamanistic societies, the ancient Minoan culture, and some Amazonian tribes today--McKenna also asserts that the same drugs are now outlawed in the US because of their corrosive effect on our male-dominated, antispiritual society. Unconsciously craving the vehicles by which our ancestors expanded their imaginations and found meaning in their lives, he says, we feast on feeble substitutes: coffee, sugar, and chocolate, which reinforce competition and aggressiveness; tobacco, which destroys our bodies; alcohol, whose abuse leads to male violence and female degradation; TV, which deadens our senses; and the synthetics--heroin, cocaine and their variations--which leave us victimized by our own addiction. On the other hand, argues McKenna, magic mushrooms, used in a spiritually enlightened, ritual manner, can open the door to greater consciousness and further the course of human evolution- -legalization of all drugs therefore is, he says, an urgent necessity. Provocative words--often captivating, but not often convincing.

If that is right Mckenna is a delusional hippy and as such I have no interest in the book.

Last edited:

Neddaf

Just a flesh wound!
Jul 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
Way to make an educated statement without reading his book. It goes far beyond psychedelics and delves into "domination culture" and the history of drugs, which is all very interesting and well thought out with tons of history to back it up.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Way to make an educated statement without reading his book. It goes far beyond psychedelics and delves into "domination culture" and the history of drugs, which is all very interesting and well thought out with tons of history to back it up.

Man, there are a lot of books out there and most of them are crap. From the description there are massive flaws in reasoning (ie: "would have thereby placed the mushroom-eaters in the front lines of genetic evolution" shows a complete lack of understanding of how evolution works) that would preclude someone who is looking for a book based on actual facts quite wary.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006

First he calls them magic mushrooms which they are hardly magic as much as they are poisonous. The trip you are getting on them is not a good thing as much as it your body reacting to the poison. Second, he goes into an wild ill informed assumption about what would happen with evolution if we indulged in those mushrooms more. Ofcourse like dragonfliet mentioned that just shows his lack of understanding of how evolution actually works. Third, he goes into a little rant about how what we do now is bad, but if we just accepted mushrooms everything would be grand. Which is just another predictable cry baby accusation that mushrooms are actually better then those things and that it would somehow make the world a better place. None of any of these three points are actually facts, but wild assumptions build on the idea that mushrooms are helpful to the body. The fact is they just aren't on any level helpful and are just poison.

Ahem.. anyway...nothing from hippies like himself I find creditable. I have heard plenty from them in the past and their drivel is built on bad assumptions and very few actual facts. Those facts are usually misinterpreted and misused for their selfish cause. I'm sorry, but I find no need to read about it from person like himself as I know what to expect.

edit: and the quote was not from wikipedia, but amazon's description of the book.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
The impatience, short attention span, low tolerance, and that hooded look. It's a sunny day but still some people go around wearing a hat and a hood on top of it.
Are they frigthened by the possibility of a (whatever passed for a brain in there) melt down...? Music player present, cellphone loaded...

And on top of that, they don't walk straight. More hunch-backed. As if they constantly have blue balls or..?

Not generalising here, it's only a small amount of those that are really annoying and total ****wads.

It's so hard having a good conversation with people sometimes. Because 7/10 times that ****ing annoying cellphone will interrupt it :mad:

NOW! HERE! FAST! WHAT! NEW=OLD=IN ONE MINUTE=MORE NEW NOW!

It's tedious.

Last edited:

Neddaf

Just a flesh wound!
Jul 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
The impatience, short attention span, low tolerance, and that hooded look. It's a sunny day but still some people go around wearing a hat and a hood on top of it.

It's so hard having a good conversation with people sometimes. Because 7/10 times that ****ing annoying cellphone will interrupt it :mad:

NOW! HERE! FAST! WHAT! NEW=OLD=IN ONE MINUTE=MORE NEW NOW!

It's tedious.

I didn't get the rest of your post but I agree entirely on this. I wish I could smash my cell phone up into a million pieces.