Real fast weapon request: the Telezipper

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Hmmm. It doesn't work better than the first version. Secondary does the same as primary in this version, but primary still teleports me around, on the things that will work anyway. (one floor, a crate, and a wall)

Secondary fires the beam and makes the teleporting animation/sound but I stay in the same spot.

The old one was better cause when I teleport there's this red haze that blocks my view momentarily.

Keep trying, I guess, it can only get better. :D

I appreciate you doing this too :)

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
He might be somewhat green at this, Postal. We don't know unless we ask. He's sure done more than I know how to do. All I can do is make weapons shoot different things from the console.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
From an earlier post, in part:

Primary fire shoots a blue beam (I like the fact there's no sound in that) and the blue beam picks things up. I know it can be done now cause I just did it.

Secondary could fire an orange beam that teleports you wherever it hits. Telefrags may be possible, maybe not. Need some input on this if it will be put in the WoD mod or not.

I got a name of it, courtesy of Cortex: the GAR. Grab-and-run
"You got the GAR."

that's it.

Psycho_Leech

Hug meh
Sep 17, 2001
In the darkness
www.geocities.com
Hmmm...

Primary zips you around, altfire picks things up from a distance, it works on facing worlds, not on some others though, no idea why, it could be to do with the fact that you can probably shoot a beam into areas a translocator disc wouldn't fit, I could possibly make it fire an invisible, very quick, projectile and keep the beam effect, it would be the same size as a translocator disc, and so make telezipping around easier, as for the telegib, I was thinking of putting a property on the telezipper which is added when you use the telegib mutator, allowing telefrags.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
*cough*gigantic run-on sentence*cough* ;)

so what are you saying then? :)

You saying you can make it easier to zip around? Cool. Too bad the Telefragorator mutator isn't still around (no one can seem to find it again) or I'd say look at the code there and see what he did with that.

Altfire should pick things up, yeah, but I'm still not sure about the telefrags part. Maybe make it an optional thing in the mod menu, so that if you want telefrags you can have them, or if you just want the tool itself (like me) you don't have to worry about telefrags.

Psycho_Leech

Hug meh
Sep 17, 2001
In the darkness
www.geocities.com
well...

I MIGHT be able to get it to work better, I get thursday off as normal at college and friday is off as well due to the carnival, so in four days I might be able to get something working, does anyone know of any particular differences between the way lavagiant and facing worlds are built?
Alt-fire always seems to work, it's tricky, but it works.(Aim for the floor benath it, not for the weapon itself.)
What I have thought about doing, is changing the beam effect to look like the player, so they appear to zoom across in primary mode.
I'll put a property in that is read from a .ini file sometime.
I'm guessing you think I have problems with punctuation?

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Well I did put a winky there so there was nothing meant by that at all.

To be honest I don't care how it works, seeing as I don't code and I doubt I would be able to tell the difference anyway, just that I shoot a floor/wall/whatever and I go there. :D

Is it possible to strip out all the effects except for the xloc-type particle cloud left after a teleport?

See what happened was with the newer one when I teleported this red haze blocked my view for a moment, which never happened in the first one. The insta-beam also made rocket explosions. Can you just take the primary beam and colour it orange? (or green preferably, green is my fave colour :)) and then use that for secondary, which grabs items.

That would be cool. If you wanted to cheat a little you could swipe Colormatch's green ASMD beam texture. That way it's already done. :D

Psycho_Leech

Hug meh
Sep 17, 2001
In the darkness
www.geocities.com
Hmmm...

What I could do, is take out the blast effect at the end, and just have a green beam (probably taken from the bolt on the end of the pulse gun), that way, there wouldn't be a scorch mark at the end, which would make more sense, since it doesn't blow things to bits. I could take the translocator lights and use a different coloured beam for each team in team games, and would be more easily recognised than an asmd beam.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
As long as it works and there's nothing terribly fancy about the grab beam, I don't care what you do to get the teleporting thing to work :)

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Well I was thinking Grab-And-Run cause you can get items from a distance, and if you have to get away, you can "telezip" there or however it is you get it to work.

New version? sweeeet :)

Psycho_Leech

Hug meh
Sep 17, 2001
In the darkness
www.geocities.com
Latest version

I called it the Grab-At-Range/Telezipper, or GAR/T for short, because primary telezips you around, and altfire grabs at range, the slash is because it's two different modes, you can, unfortunatly, now telezip with the flag:( but I'll try and fix it.
Then I need to skin it.