1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Real fast weapon request: the Telezipper

Discussion in 'Concept Discussion Board' started by Nemephosis, Oct 28, 2001.

1. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

It would be called the Telezipper, cause it would let you zip around a map like Superman.

Basically it is this:

Shock rifle model

and it fires an invisible beam. Wherever the beam hits, you're translocated there. Watch those walls, you could fall to your death!

It should be made to not telefrag though. (I think that can be done, right?) That would suck. Huge-ass long distance telefraggings... not what I had in mind for this.

It would be a method of transportation, basically.

And you already can't xloc with a flag so it wouldn't be too cheap.

Would someone mind taking 20 minutes to code it up, perhaps?

2. Psycho_Leech

Psycho_Leech Hug meh

Hmmm...

Sounds simple enough, use shockrifle trace code, instead of spawning an impact ring, spawn a translocator target, and then either teleport instantly or with use of altfire. A difficult to use version is on u4e, which I never got the handle of, but this would have more use, and effectiveness, and range. Stopping telefrags shouldn't be too difficult either, as the beam checks what it hit, I think if you shoot someone with it, it should reverse telefrag you, just to teach you a lesson about weapon usage.
    Bot coding will probably be identical to that of the translocator, I haven't tried changing the translocator coding but I probably won't understand it, I'll just tell the bots to use the zipper like the translocator.
    I'm going to be on holiday in Lyme-regis(not sure how it's spelt) for a short while, but I'll try it when I get back if it isn't already done by someone else.

3. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

Whoa! I never knew you could change your name! I'm off to do it. And could someone tell me how to put those pictures under your name?

4. Nemephosis

Gotta get a BuF mod to do it, sorry. :)

As for the avatar, there's an option in your user cp somewhere. Avatars can be no larger than 100x100, and kilobyte limit is 15K.

5. Postal

Postal I apear to have lost my pin.

if you could telefrag with it, it could make an interesting insta-gib game

6. Kangus

Kangus Zombie on your pwn!

yeah, I like the idea of using it as an alternate to instagib.... Telegib.

7. Nemephosis

I'd make it myself, but I wouldn't know the first thing. I can't grasp the concept of coding for UT.

Any volunteers? :D

/me sees the thread empty of all potential visitors ;)

8. Kangus

Kangus Zombie on your pwn!

maybe I'll whiop it up and add it to the WoD mod

9. Nemephosis

So in other words it's never being released. ;):D

10. Psycho_Leech

Psycho_Leech Hug meh

Here is it, sort of...

This is a telezipper thing, it works, but it doesn't teleport you everywhere, in a small room it doesn't often work, or if you hit one of the two pillars on the top of facing worlds, you won't teleport, shooting someone with it will disrupt the beam, killing you, haven't tried shooting at the floor to telefrag, i'll put options in to allow telefrags later, there's no alt fire yet, but I'm thinking of firing a projectile like the translocator target, but translocates immediatly on contact.
    I doesn't seem to work with worm, and it's deliberatly small, I haven't tried a mutator yet, but I think I know where the last mutator I did went wrong, I didn't save it!

Edit:
    I've now skinned the GAR/T, it now has a symbol on top of it, put fatness back to 128 so the symbol can be seen. E-GAR/T now added, use the Telezipper: Telegib mutator, the mutator isn't just called Telegib because then it wouldn't next to the Telezipper.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2001
  11. Nemephosis

hey, thanks a lot :)

maybe it can be refined to work better yet? :)

12. Nemephosis

It horribly failed to work except on a couple different walls and a crate.

But something very, very unexpectedf happened that I liked a LOT.

I fired it at a Shield Belt hoping to teleport there. I didn't teleport but I got the shield belt. :con:

so I tried it with other things. I picked up a Flak Cannon, Jump Boots and a Ripper all from one spot. :eek:

I loved that!

I got a better idea for a truly great tool (I wouldn't call it a weapon)

Primary fire shoots a blue beam (I like the fact there's no sound in that) and the blue beam picks things up. I know it can be done now cause I just did it.

Secondary could fire an orange beam that teleports you wherever it hits. Telefrags may be possible, maybe not. Need some input on this if it will be put in the WoD mod or not.

I got a name of it, courtesy of Cortex: the GAR. Grab-and-run :)
    "You got the GAR."

Could you do that please? make it do that stuff? :) Would be much appreciated, thanks.

[edit] hey that's perfect. Create maybe a small mod menu thingy allowing for optional telefrags. Maybe. :)

I don't wanna seem too demanding here or anything. :)

thanks again[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2001
  13. Psycho_Leech

Psycho_Leech Hug meh

Sure

I'll try that, I was looking for a alt mode that didn't fire a projectile, so as to avoid looking like a simpile mod of the shock rifle, as for the menu, I'll just have a text file for now, and if required code up a seperate app with Visual Basic instead of making a UMenu (for now) since I don't know how to make a Menu but I figure it probably isn't too difficult.

14. Nemephosis

I hope it's soon, this is sounding cool :)

15. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

How about you make the alt the same, but with the combo attack, you teleport there instead of an explosion.

16. Nemephosis

Nah, that kind of ruins a great idea I had. :p

Besides he DIDN'T want it to be a knockoff of the shock rifle.

Psycho_leech, would it alsop be possible to stick a lightnong bolt design on the top of the GAR?

17. Psycho_Leech

Psycho_Leech Hug meh

Yep...

I'm not going to do someguy's idea of the altfire for the exact reasons Nemephosis said.
    I'm trying to make the mutator work, but I think I can get it to work, I thought it went wrong but I think part of botpack.u was accidently modified or something, thus erasing the first weapon from everyone's inventory(I haven't loaded up UT since then, might just be tempary).
    As for the bolt idea, I'd like to, but haven't been able to skin a mesh properly, I'm not sure what I need to do with the import coding, but if I can work that out, the bolt shouldn't be too difficult.(I hope!)

18. Nemephosis

OK well never mind that then. I'm just more interested in seeing it work, properly too ;)

You're making a mutator too? It could replace the Impact Hammer, in that case. I never ever use it offline.

19. Psycho_Leech

Psycho_Leech Hug meh

Well...

It works better now, altfire works, it gives you the telezipper without replacing anything, but I would recommend backing up your botpack.u file!
    I think I cured the lag with checking the best place to go, but I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2001
  20. Nemephosis

back up botpack.u? My God man what did you do to it!? ;) :con: