1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BillyBadAss, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

He actually shaves every now and then. He just likes to have facial hair like a goat. No idea why.

2. WaitForTheRain

WaitForTheRain New Member

BBA, that software looks awesome. I've tried to get film-like results in Photoshop before, but they're usually a bit iffy. I'm downloading the trial now.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  3. IronMonkey

IronMonkey Moi?

You need to be more careful. Don't overfill the baths. Some of those chemicals are toxic. :)

4. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

Some day.. you may have to. Seems like your final output is digital. It may be more cost effective to go with filter software than to shoot on film first. But I can certainly understand the appeal of getting the look you want the first time around.

5. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

Was given a polarizing filter as a graduation gift today by my family. Gonna try it out tomorrow :)

6. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

Did a bunch of photo sessions last week. I'm trying to get caught up with them now. Here are a few from a project I have going on right now.

I've expanded on my B&W processing with the intent to make them a bit more edgy. Trying my damnedest to get an original look. Its hard to come up with something fresh and original especially when not all the photos I take work well with the processing. I have to do it manually ever time. Yes, its very time consuming and I hope to refine the process later. Alas.. I think I can settle for something that just looks cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. BillyBadAss

BillyBadAss Strong Cock of The North

Nice! I like 4 the best. 5 is good, but I think her expression looks like she was getting a little bored.

8. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

They look good but I'd say in some places a little overly grainy?

#1. For example almost looks like she has razor bumps on her throat... in truth I find 1 quite hard to look at... Also where the hair meets the white background is a bit odd on the eyes, almost pixelated?

The rest are all great, at first I agreed with BBA on the last photo looking a bit bored but everytime I look back at it I have a slightly different opinion and she doesn't look so bored anymore.
    It's still a great photograph too ofcourse.

9. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

Oh yeah.. I noticed that too. I wasn't sure the bumps on her throat where that noticeable, I may have to smoothen that out a bit. Its a side effect of my processing.

The strange hair on white pixel effect is just the effect you get when you overexpose the background with a flash. Thats just how my camera interprets it. Its kinda like a bloom/subtle flair effect, no doubt enhanced by my processing.

On the last photo she was going for a very subtle playful/smile. That was the shot before she smiled.. and of course when she smiles her eyes get small and that wasn't what I wanted. Nothing you can do about that :) Honestly I'm not entirely happy with the processing of the very last shot. I like the lighting effect that I achieved.. but something just feels off about it.

10. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

My only critcism would be the black in the top left hand corner draws my eye away from the model slightly I think.

11. TomWithTheWeather

TomWithTheWeather Die Paper Robots!

Nothing great, just cute.

[​IMG]

12. Zxanphorian

Zxanphorian ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

13. Crotale

Crotale _________________________ _______________

Great shots there Mike. I know you mentioned some overexposure, but is that a Highpass filter blended in Photoshop or do you use the Clarity adjust in Lightroom?

14. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

I will usually use a multilayer approach with the highpass filter to help achieve the metallic effect on my B&W photos. Clarity filter works pretty well for some images but I don't like the black halo effect it creates on the edges of certain images.

Of course this has very little to do with my overexposure of the white backdrop.

15. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

More photos, different model, similar processing.

This girl has had some confidence issues lately.. can't imagine why.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Meh. I guess it can happen when the people you desire are not attracted to you.

Nice photo's :)

17. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

Maybe her latest boyfriend is an honest person with an actual sense of self-worth who doesn't suck up to her and treat her like a goddess in earthly form. Bummer. :(

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  18. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

LOL, who treats their girl like a goddess? You can be loving and appreciative without loosing your self respect. anywho.. she has some body issues which she has voice out loud. Might be brought on by her boyfriends comments, some kind of expectations or it could just be her personality. Some people just like to complain to get attention.

19. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

you'd be surprised how many guys still don't get it.
    honestly it took me the first couple tries to figure that out.

the lessons of Ferris Bueller are timeless.

20. Juggalo Kyle

Juggalo Kyle Sup brah.

Nice poses, however it looks like they were shot at ISO 3200. Too over processed in my opinion.