Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Nice portrait RJ, probably the best I've seen you do, but what the **** is that on his face? Buy him a razor for graduation gift. He'd be cute if it wasn't for the bum fluff. :U

He actually shaves every now and then. He just likes to have facial hair like a goat. No idea why.

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
BBA, that software looks awesome. I've tried to get film-like results in Photoshop before, but they're usually a bit iffy. I'm downloading the trial now.

Last edited:

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Did a bunch of photo sessions last week. I'm trying to get caught up with them now. Here are a few from a project I have going on right now.

I've expanded on my B&W processing with the intent to make them a bit more edgy. Trying my damnedest to get an original look. Its hard to come up with something fresh and original especially when not all the photos I take work well with the processing. I have to do it manually ever time. Yes, its very time consuming and I hope to refine the process later. Alas.. I think I can settle for something that just looks cool.

_MG_5468.jpg

_MG_5928_1.jpg

_MG_6088.jpg

_MG_6227.jpg

_MG_6390-2.jpg

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
They look good but I'd say in some places a little overly grainy?

#1. For example almost looks like she has razor bumps on her throat... in truth I find 1 quite hard to look at... Also where the hair meets the white background is a bit odd on the eyes, almost pixelated?

The rest are all great, at first I agreed with BBA on the last photo looking a bit bored but everytime I look back at it I have a slightly different opinion and she doesn't look so bored anymore.
It's still a great photograph too ofcourse.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
They look good but I'd say in some places a little overly grainy?

#1. For example almost looks like she has razor bumps on her throat... in truth I find 1 quite hard to look at... Also where the hair meets the white background is a bit odd on the eyes, almost pixelated?

The rest are all great, at first I agreed with BBA on the last photo looking a bit bored but everytime I look back at it I have a slightly different opinion and she doesn't look so bored anymore.
It's still a great photograph too ofcourse.

Oh yeah.. I noticed that too. I wasn't sure the bumps on her throat where that noticeable, I may have to smoothen that out a bit. Its a side effect of my processing.

The strange hair on white pixel effect is just the effect you get when you overexpose the background with a flash. Thats just how my camera interprets it. Its kinda like a bloom/subtle flair effect, no doubt enhanced by my processing.

On the last photo she was going for a very subtle playful/smile. That was the shot before she smiled.. and of course when she smiles her eyes get small and that wasn't what I wanted. Nothing you can do about that :) Honestly I'm not entirely happy with the processing of the very last shot. I like the lighting effect that I achieved.. but something just feels off about it.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Great shots there Mike. I know you mentioned some overexposure, but is that a Highpass filter blended in Photoshop or do you use the Clarity adjust in Lightroom?

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Great shots there Mike. I know you mentioned some overexposure, but is that a Highpass filter blended in Photoshop or do you use the Clarity adjust in Lightroom?

I will usually use a multilayer approach with the highpass filter to help achieve the metallic effect on my B&W photos. Clarity filter works pretty well for some images but I don't like the black halo effect it creates on the edges of certain images.

Of course this has very little to do with my overexposure of the white backdrop.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
This girl has had some confidence issues lately.. can't imagine why.

Maybe her latest boyfriend is an honest person with an actual sense of self-worth who doesn't suck up to her and treat her like a goddess in earthly form. Bummer. :(

Last edited:

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Maybe her latest boyfriend is an honest person with an actual sense of self-worth who doesn't suck up to her and treat her like a goddess in earthly form. Bummer. :(

LOL, who treats their girl like a goddess? You can be loving and appreciative without loosing your self respect. anywho.. she has some body issues which she has voice out loud. Might be brought on by her boyfriends comments, some kind of expectations or it could just be her personality. Some people just like to complain to get attention.