Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Nice! These can be a bitch of a bitch to shoot. The light is often less than you think is there so to get a non-blurry shot, or not way under exposed often takes a nicer camera, and some know how, or some luck.

That same issue plagued my pictures a while back when I visited the Baltimore Aquarium. But that was when I had my crappy DC3400.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Props to a friend of mine whom made this from video he took while visiting here last summer.

[m]http://www.flickr.com/photos/framebyframe/4241044819/in/faves-jason935/[/m]

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Nice! These can be a bitch of a bitch to shoot. The light is often less than you think is there so to get a non-blurry shot, or not way under exposed often takes a nicer camera, and some know how, or some luck.
I had figured that the ambient light would be practically non-existent so I just cranked my ISO up higher than I should and just fired away. Most shots were usable ignoring some annoying high ISO noise.

I may have already posted this one, but I'm lazy and can't remember where in the thread it is.

4aee573973cd722aa0745f58c43b1e41.jpg

ISO 2000, it's hard to tell looking at the water, but it's easy to see on the top of the body. It's very noisy, but it looks tons better when it's reduced even more.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
never have, why

The RAW format allows you to more accurately control all the different elements of your pictures. Notice that grey "haze" you got in both of your pictures? If you had the RAWs of the pictures, you should be able to remove that. Of course, post processing is not everything, but often when you got a bad picture, you can actually turn it into a great picture simply by turning some knobs.

That second picture you showed is quite good though, I really like the girl's expression. I don't know what to think of the light though :p

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
found my circular polarizer so i walked outside and shot some raw... here are a couple

[screenshot]http://imgur.com/n4iZM.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://imgur.com/K8F8F.jpg[/screenshot]

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
You live in a pretty cool place. Is it by the beach? Also, what camera are you working with? Looks like you are using a higher ISO than you need to. Try turning it down a bit :)

Last edited: