New Patch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ctp.Dragi

utxmp.de
Jun 23, 2004
Sir_Brizz said:
I don't think the community is dying. There are alot of people like Worf and I who are not playing simply because we are waiting for the next beta and don't particulalry like the original (due to bugs for me).

Nice, but PLEASE look at other great communites. What's about the german community? There was a lot of players, but now... that's the problem. This was one of the greatest communites for XMP in this world and now only a few are remaining - also famous players and clans. Not because they don't wanna play XMP, they want to! But they cant and are not waiting without any informations / news.

It's really nice that YOU, Worf or some of our community are still waiting, but this communities was recently much larger! And come on, a league for utxmp with 4-5 clans? I dont think that's working. We all need the community!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Well considering the fact that the XMP community originally was 300-400 people and now it seems to not be, I don't think we are alot worse off.

If anything, we lost maybe 10 or 20 people. And that's if they DON'T come back when UTXMP is finished.

ctp.Dragi

utxmp.de
Jun 23, 2004
Sir_Brizz said:
If anything, we lost maybe 10 or 20 people. And that's if they DON'T come back when UTXMP is finished.

Sorry Brizz, but thats not true!

We've lost more than 10 or 20 people, very much more player only in our german community! And I don't wanna know how many in the world. You think, "hey, it's not so bad, 10 or 20 people are gone..." - but that's wrong!

And believe me, I've loved the community and it's really sh*t, that this communitie is dying! We had in best times of XMP a lot of clans and players in germany. What's now? Not much.

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
i think they will come back- i did.
ctp.dragi, why not get the utxmp.de to take a mailing list so that people can go away and play other stuff and then utxmp.de can mail them when the full release comes out?
honestly, it's ok to play other games, fmi won't mind!
i'm only here cos i'm making a map... threre's no need to keep people on when there's no game.

ctp.Dragi

utxmp.de
Jun 23, 2004
@andrelax

our german community was a real familiar and good community. And yes, some will come back when utxmp will be final or if FMI will release a new patch. But we have talked to a lot of players. This players - and thats the biggest part - are not sure to come back if a final version of utxmp will be released.

The solution is not easy, but a really good part of it are informations and news about the project. If the user see, that this project is going on and that it will be better step by step, more will stay in the communities.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
ctp.Dragi said:
Sorry Brizz, but thats not true!

We've lost more than 10 or 20 people, very much more player only in our german community! And I don't wanna know how many in the world. You think, "hey, it's not so bad, 10 or 20 people are gone..." - but that's wrong!

And believe me, I've loved the community and it's really sh*t, that this communitie is dying! We had in best times of XMP a lot of clans and players in germany. What's now? Not much.
I dunno. Considering that when the Master Servers have been up over the past year there has never been more than 90 players and 10 servers, I can't imagine we lost as many players as you say.

ctp.Dragi

utxmp.de
Jun 23, 2004
You think the german community played all together at one time? ;) Believe me, we have lost to many player. We see it at our community. We can't say what's in UK or US, but we see our local community. And this community was really fantastic and great, and so many players are gone now... :(

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
ctp.Dragi said:
@andrelax.
The solution is not easy, but a really good part of it are informations and news about the project. If the user see, that this project is going on and that it will be better step by step, more will stay in the communities.

this is true... it's not so much that we need it soon, but progress updates - even a blog-style thing on their website would be enormously useful for everyone.

FMI had a RL problem, that's the only reason why nothing has happend as of late. Your not the only ones that don't get up dates. Us beta testers didn't know anything either, but there back to work, and the latest patch is great. alot of stuff is fixxed, and the beta testers are working on getting the more "major" bugs noted.

ctp.Dragi

utxmp.de
Jun 23, 2004
It's an information, but some news about the patch (last update is from 01-16 ;) ) will be good - perhaps a release date? (not exactly, but april? may? what do you think / know jackal?)

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Patch seems to be getting real close but it still needs some more TLC.. By looks of things currently: April maybe but almost definitely not as long as May. It's looking way too good to take as long as May. I can't make any guarantees, I am ONLY making an educated guess going by the state of the current build I have and conversations with CaptK.

Smood

Nov 29, 2003
PRG said:
April maybe but almost definitely not as long as May.

That doesn't make too much sense. There isn't a middle month between April and May lol. So if its definately not May then it should definately be April.

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Smood said:
That doesn't make too much sense. There isn't a middle month between April and May lol. So if its definately not May then it should definately be April.

\o/

I stand by my original comment...

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
Smood said:

well, you forget that there is no year given, so 'between april and may' IS possible. :rolleyes:

were working hard on noting the bugs for FMI. as PRG said, I too wouldn't expect it to be too far off of release. maybe a month at the most IMO.

btw, Towanda.....I really really hate your avatar. It really creeps me out, it disturbs me, and I really try not to look at it, but I kinda have to.....You can hate mine too, but dude, yours is just......flippin werid.!

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
yay yours is ther cat from american mcgee's alice! now that was an underestimated game -- i reckon the doom3 designer had just finished playing alice when he started on d3 ;) oh am i off topic?