New Corvette

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
Tool, sorry to bust your bubble, but as I said before, its unreasonable to say the new C6 is gonna be faster than an Enzo... "Ferrari Enzo is a 650,000 plus dollar car, does 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. The fastest Corvette right now, the ZO6, only (*snicker* only) does 0-60 in 3.9. Enzo quarter= low 11's, ZO6 quarter= low 12's, thats too big of an improvement on speed to be offered at only 45,000 dollars or even 60,000"

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
dang people, stay on topic.

To shut some of you guys up, you cant compare the Vette next to Ford GT, its just way way different class, just look at the price difference. Compare the GT to Ferrari, or Mclaren.

And finally, the 2005 Vette can compete with Viper. And the 2006 Z06 is going to rock.

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
Check Ebay, the new Corvette is all over there for auction, runs at about $45,000 - $60,000, and is an amazing car. Supposely it can even out perform the new Ferrari Enzo, a 750hp car that is about $300,000. So the new Corvette is a very powerful and fast car.

Check post #2 on this thred, Daed. ;)

As for Nickelass, that's really impressive. I don't see too many Corvettes breaking into the 8's. However, I didn't see a price quote on that; You sure it's only 50,000? Also, that Viper's skidpad #'s are a 1.00 G in lateral acceleration. Handling to boot ;)
I'm not a Viper guy, I'm Corvette all the way, its just that the Hennessey is so damn impressive... I gotta be skeptical. Forgive me :)

Nickelass

In the Flesh?
Apr 4, 2002
Central Illinois
Visit site
It isn't a system you bolt on in your backyard; it's a $49,995 package (it's another $2,595 to reinforce the transmission of automatic-equipped C5s) that comes fully installed from LPE's facility in somewhat picturesque Decatur, Indiana.

yeah, it is about $50,000 for the package to add on to your stock C5. so it would be around $100,000 when it is all said and done. god i love John Lingenfelter. :D