New Corvette

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
Twisted Metal said:
Dude I was thinking the exact same thing I was just about to make a reply on how it looks like a Viper. The side air vent thingy looks just like the new Viper, the front of it kinda has a Viper look too. Talk about unoriginality! Still pretty nice though.

Dude stay out of my head! Telepathy!
I was also going to say that :)

Luminuis

Herald of the Newest Dawn
Enzo = Supercar

Corvette = Sportscar.

The fact that they have comparable stats to begin with says deals about the Corvette.

IMO, C5 Z06 styling was MUCH better on the front end, though the overall body is an improvement. They keep getting sexier every year. I don't like the fact that they pushed through the C5's so fast, it had alot of potential left, and Chevy knows it, there's something up.

Oh, and the new El Camino....

Bad.

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
I'll get one someday... someday, I tell you. I read some interesting stuff about it at corvetteforums.com, apparently with the redesigned suspension, it goes through a lap at some road course (not sure where) almost as fast as the current ZO6 does. A base corvette as fast as the ZO6? I'm interested. Also, the new ZO6 is expected to have around 500 horsepower, so Viper fans eat your collective hearts out. 500 HP + sub-3000 lb. weight + shorter gear ratios = goodbye Dodge :D

I like the fact that Chevy ditched the old 5.7L engine. Great engine IMO, but they needed a change. Personally I think Chevy should ditch Pushrods alltogether and go to a cammed engine (the ZR1 of days of yore had twin cams, and it is still the fastest Vette ever in top speed). It takes too much of the engine energy away to work the pushrods, and cams allow the engine to spin a lot higher, creating a better top end. Also, I hope that the new six speed is actually a six speed, because the one thats in C5's currently is more of a five speed with a gas-saving 6th gear (33 MPG in a vette aint bad, bud I'd rather see lots of acceleration. Seriously, if you buy a Corvette, you shouldn't be worried about gas :) )
But thats just my two cents. Anybody got change? ;)

Nickelass

In the Flesh?
Apr 4, 2002
Central Illinois
Visit site
Witty said:
I'll get one someday... someday, I tell you. I read some interesting stuff about it at corvetteforums.com, apparently with the redesigned suspension, it goes through a lap at some road course (not sure where) almost as fast as the current ZO6 does. A base corvette as fast as the ZO6? I'm interested. Also, the new ZO6 is expected to have around 500 horsepower, so Viper fans eat your collective hearts out. 500 HP + sub-3000 lb. weight + shorter gear ratios = goodbye Dodge :D
that is the first that i had heard anything about the performance so i hope you are right. most comparisons between the C5 Z06 and the newest viper have shown that the vette is actually better overall. for one they are cheaper. second they handle corners better because they dont have quite as much power, so they dont want to spin out around corners. but the viper does have more horsepower. but hopefully that factor changes and the 2005 corvette becomes better in every way than the viper. :D

also, in le mans races etc., the corvette seems to own currently as well.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Vipers suck and are way over rated. If you enjoy crashing into walls at 120mph and getting yourself killed then by all means drive a Viper. :D Horrible cars, to heavy, hard to drive, and don't live up to the high price tag. They accelerate fast and make good drag race cars, but otherwise forget it, they suck.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
tool said:
Vipers suck and are way over rated. If you enjoy crashing into walls at 120mph and getting yourself killed then by all means drive a Viper. :D Horrible cars, to heavy, hard to drive, and don't live up to the high price tag. They accelerate fast and make good drag race cars, but otherwise forget it, they suck.

lol you can't judge a Viper from playing Gran Turismo

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Twisted Metal said:
lol you can't judge a Viper from playing Gran Turismo

lol, I'm not juding a Viper from playing GT, ask anyone who has driven one or read reviews of the car. It really is a horrible handling car. :lol:

And besides what do you know about GT? I had to help you just get through the amatuer part of the simulation mode. You went crying to your over sized xbox. ;) :lol:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
yeah now you are talking. :tup: The ford GT is a beautiful car. I love it, I was blown away by it when I first saw the 1968 version of the car. Great car. :tup:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
To bad you can't buy a GT40, there were only 10 made in 1968, and they went for $18,500, but not one bought them. Ford auctioned one off last year but otherwise ford has the other 9 including the one that won two 24 hour La Man races, which is a legendary car that is priceless.