New Corvette

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
A new contender just arrived in the picture...

Some of you may not know it yet, but Ford as built a new prototype for this year's Detroit Autoshow. The car was codenamed Daisy but has nothing to do with a flower. Ford's engineers remade one of the greatest sports car ever. The Shelby Cobra. For now, all I know is that this baby looks sweet and has a V10, 6.4L powerplant giving out 605 bhp.

Here are a few pictures.

Nickelass

In the Flesh?
Apr 4, 2002
Central Illinois
Visit site
and i am sure that it will cost a fortune with a v10. not to mention the gas mileage. but it is about time that fors releases a sports car, they really dont have one now. the mustang is more of a muscle car, instead of a sports car.

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
hmm... have you seen the Chevy Aveo, Metalmickey? :lol: tiny.... and pitiful.... I expect to see several riced out versions running around my hometown in a few months (people here are desperate for attention).
As for the Mustang, it's not really that muscley either.... 260 HP out of a 4.6 L V8? I am running 225 HP out of a 2.3L Inline 4, half the displacement. I smoke GT's all day long... I'd still take one over my car, they're nice cars, but if Ford did a little weight reduction, power expansion, and threw in a six speed then I'd be really interested. Oh well.... LONG LIVE F-BODIES!!! May they continue to smoke Fords long after their glory days.

Nickelass

In the Flesh?
Apr 4, 2002
Central Illinois
Visit site
yes it is too bad that chevy cancelled the camaro and the firebird. and that new cobra looks awful compared to the originals. is GM the only car company coming up with original designs? sure the aveo looks like **** but it is different. the new vette is not retro styled either.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
yeah the death of the camaro and firebird is quite sad. Remember that render some kid did as to what he thought a new camaro should look like? I think it got lost in the crash but oh well. The Camaro and Firebird were idea sports cars. Not a ton of power and yet not your average car. Perfect mix of speed and comfort imo.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
:eek:

source: http://autoshow.msn.com/as/autoshow2004/article.aspx?xml=chrysler1&shw=autoshow2004

By far the most dramatic of the four vehicles was the beautiful, purposeful ME Four-Twelve. This supercar was made all the more impressive by the revelation from Trevor Creed, senior vice president of the Chrysler Group design, that the ME Four-Twelve was complete in less than one year.

The ME Four-Twelve name is derived from the mid-engine placement of a quad-turbo 6.0-liter V12 engine. Bernard explained the name is appropriate because the car was literally designed around the engine.

The AMG-developed all-aluminum 6.0-liter V12 engine produces 850 horsepower and 850 lb-ft of torque, and the car has a curb weight of only 2,880 pounds. Power get transferred to the wheels via a 7-speed Ricardo Double Clutch Transmission developed specifically for the vehicle; it uses the latest double wet-clutch technology and electronic controls. The transmission delivers uninterrupted torque to the rear wheels, shifting between gears in 200 milliseconds.

The ME Four-Twelve is intended to set new performance standards for a mid-engine rear-wheel-drive sports car. Although the performance has not been measured in driving tests, with the aid of computer modeling Chrysler expects the ME Four-Twelve to set new performance standards for a rear-wheel-drive mid-engine sports car: a top speed of 248 mph, or 400 kilometers per hour.

The ME Four-Twelve is expected to accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds and from zero to 100 mph in 6.2 seconds.

Ferrari just got pwned. :eek:

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
DigitalPixie said:
:this pwns j00 all
wheres the throwing up in disgust emoticon?

meet my dream car :D

flame-panel-van.jpg

just search panel van on google :lol:

Last edited:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Daedalus I linked to that, like I said, it pwns anything Ferrari has made and is an American car. This is like the year of the American cars I think, last year it was European.

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
Ok, everyone quiet down with the car one-uppage... my turn ;)
Mr. Remade Shelby Cobra, though incredibly tight, will have a tough time with this badass.
http://www.fast-autos.net/hennessey/hennessey1000tt.html

1092 Bhp, 1150 tq, 0-60 in 2.0 or less with drags, quarter in 8.93 at 149, and its street legal. Also, it should be available in the 200,000 to 300,000 price bracket, effectively OWNING the Ferrari Enzo, Mercedes Whateverthehellitscalled, McLaren F1, and the upcoming Bugatti Veyron, all for a LOT less money. If you recall, the 800TT version of the Viper does 0-60 in 2.4 and quarter in the high 9's with drags on, and it sells for about 170,000. Wow, what I would do if I had money... :D

Last edited: