New Classes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ash_ljs

Nov 19, 2004
I like the robot idea.. but why not take it to the next level and have mech-type creatures that sit in your base, and you have to log in to a console (like the consoles in ut2004) to use them.

Only thing is your body is visible at the console and you can be shot, the mechs take up energy, and you need to have so much energy to power them.

The mechs could do stuff like repair vehicles and deployables, and have a little pea-shooter type gun, and the abililty to swat at people and send them flying :)

(first post!)

Last edited:

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
Zaknafein said:
Well you could make the Drakk Laser secondary a melee range ability. It basically made this short range cutting beam, but turn it into a melee range light sabre for all I care :) It's too powerful in its Unreal2 form anyway.

no ****, when i said that a melee weapon in the form of a saber could be a good idea i got flames all over the place
i mean
you can't kill a dude with supply packs
it happens to me very often that i run out of ammo and just wished for a bat or chainsaw to get them up close
+
it would be a good def weapon for a ranger vs the flamethrower of a gunner

about the robot and mech ideas
go play mechwarrior instead of xmp
nuff robot action for all you're needs

Sir_Brizz said:
I still like the idea of some kind of Melee weapon. I mean, come on, that been an Unreal game staple since UT99 at least and even Unreal 1 if you count the Skaarj.

Personally, I would have liked to see XMP Skaarj vs. Humans. Would have rocked. Plus, if the Skaarj had melee attacks and could run a tad faster using just their claws? Weeeeeeeee...... :p

that's just it, this isn't an Unreal game. this is XMP. 2 different games, same engine.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
Pro-Pain said:
Dont change anything!!!

it would be a nice to have a melee weapon in some sort of a mutator for specific pub games, it would be blasphemy for official games and i'm the first to start a war if anything changes to the gameplay dynamics but mutators can be fun, just not mech mutators.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I personally don't understand what's wrong with them taking a little creative license if it ends up making the game enjoyable either way in the end. After all, it's the gametype and some little things that make XMP, not every specific little detail. If Legend had got their wish you would have a gametype with Skaarj versus Humans, female models, and who knows what else.

But whatever :con: I'll play it no matter what.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
[[Vash]] said:
Everyone keeps talking about changing XMP to whatever. How about focusing on just working on the way XMP is now before getting to far ahead.

I concure, but if u are goin to entertain the idea, get the classic gametype bug free, then create custom one, because i know i would love the classic u2xmp style gametype :-D

Zaknafein

XMP Beta Tester
Oct 2, 2003
Visit site
lol, um, protect rangers from gunner flamethrowers? As far as I am concerned the flame thrower should suck in rangers in the area and burn them to a crisp for all the advantages rangers have over them.

:p

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
Zaknafein, those probe thingies..seem kind've difficult to impliment but even more so, what if many people spammed/ or used them at same time..i could see alot of lag issues..

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
Zaknafein said:
lol, um, protect rangers from gunner flamethrowers? As far as I am concerned the flame thrower should suck in rangers in the area and burn them to a crisp for all the advantages rangers have over them.

:p

^^

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
I would love to see a "Thief" class whose primary advantages are running super fast, cloaking/invisibility, ability to sneak into cracks/mapholes easier, and not ever showing up on radar with an artifact. Not sure what the weapons would be... definitely some sort of enhanced super smoke gun for smoke cover. The thief would prob have even crappier armor than the ranger.