New Classes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
actually, maybe someone that has a bit of magic or has some kind of powers?
or someone that can build things for other classes (kinda like in an RTS)
a swords man with a cool sword.

but honestly, the XMP "tech looking" characters don't bring any of those ^^ or anything i can think of to the game. ie, have a swords man that's tech looking.

other than women classes, i don't know.

[LNS]ICovetYourChild

=vÐ=ICovetYourChild
Feb 2, 2004
I was thinking perhaps two different versions of each class... IE Good, evil. They would be exactly the same as far as armour and health, but with one significant difference in the weapons, such as an alignment specific weapon.

Killinya

[BBF]Killinya
Feb 2, 2004
Id rather have utxmp out and if we had a new class, have it come out as a patch, but, if you did....:

how about a hybrid. Pick the best weapon from each class, say like the rifle, RL, and the SG, Give it tech shields/health and Gunner speed. Make its hack abitility Like 1/2 the gunners. This role be good for fighting but little else. you could call it the point whore class.... ;)

gravit

Jun 19, 2004
I've always thought that having the ranger double as the medic was a bit of an overload. I'd like to see a more pure medic class with very poor fighting skills. She could take on other medics and a less than skilled ranger, but would have no chance against a gunner unless he was very low on health.

The medic would of course make up for this lack of fighting ability by being able to revive players to full health (or 75%, whatever), and being able to quickly resupply both health and shields.

To compensate for the new class, I'd shift the ranger away from his healing abilities, and make him more stealthy. First, make him very quiet, like you almost have to see him to know he's there. Then, give him a 1 hit kill melee attack from behind. Sort of like you sneak up behind someone and slit their throat. Because they're faster than other classes, you'd have to limit this ability somewhat by making the ranger stay in contact with the target for a full second to pull it off. That way it would work best on unsuspecting campers.

The engy can keep his shield dispensers, but make them a little less effective. He's already got so many cool toys to play with anyway.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
[LNS]ICovetYourChild said:
I was thinking perhaps two different versions of each class... IE Good, evil. They would be exactly the same as far as armour and health, but with one significant difference in the weapons, such as an alignment specific weapon.
Epic idea :)

Maybe with something like: Red team as the current human skins, and blue team as skaarj or something. Keeping weapons and 'skills' pretty much the same so as to not bias either side, but adding a bit of visual variety to the game :)

My 2 pence anyhoo ;)

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
I actually think the well documented system for making adding classes easy would not hurt, as long as the class selection that is custom is all server side based ;) after all, a 4th class that can heal vehicles would not hurt :D

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
gravit said:
I've always thought that having the ranger double as the medic was a bit of an overload. I'd like to see a more pure medic class with very poor fighting skills. She could take on other medics and a less than skilled ranger, but would have no chance against a gunner unless he was very low on health.

The medic would of course make up for this lack of fighting ability by being able to revive players to full health (or 75%, whatever), and being able to quickly resupply both health and shields.

To compensate for the new class, I'd shift the ranger away from his healing abilities, and make him more stealthy. First, make him very quiet, like you almost have to see him to know he's there. Then, give him a 1 hit kill melee attack from behind. Sort of like you sneak up behind someone and slit their throat. Because they're faster than other classes, you'd have to limit this ability somewhat by making the ranger stay in contact with the target for a full second to pull it off. That way it would work best on unsuspecting campers.

The engy can keep his shield dispensers, but make them a little less effective. He's already got so many cool toys to play with anyway.

My suggestion, try playing Thief 2....

.sl0w.

What would you like to see in a new, fourth player class...?

teh suppleier®: unit that cant fight but supply health, armor and ammo to other teammates and clokas himself when the air gets hot ;)

armor: heavy ( gunner )
speed: normal ( tech )
skillrechargerate: normal ( ..same in all classes ?! )
hackrate: normal ( ranger )
weapons: - none - ( duck )

weaponslots priamy:
1.) heal
2.) repair
3.) supply
4.) cloak of invisibility: costs high amount of skill and lasts for only 10~15 secs - you cant carry any artis or supply when you are invisible.
5.) a mix of heal, repair and supply at the same time but 3 times slower than normal speed.
?6.) some kind of a close range weapon

weaponslots secondary:
1.) deploys a temp. healstation - cost high skill or time to build ( "hack" )
2.) deploys a temp. repairstation -same as above
3.) deploys a temp. supplystation -same as above
4.) charge for longer cloak
5.) deploys a temp. mixedstation - with only 33% power
?6.) seconday / charge of "some kind of a close range weapon" :D

temp. = ~ 15 secs.

...just some thoughts that flew though my mind - lemme kn0w what you think `bout it ;)

Last edited:

[STARS]TyranT

XMP's BEST Defender!
Sep 4, 2003
The only new class I could possibly think of which could be easy to impliment using 2K4 - is the V.Mech. Dem. (Vehicle Mechanic/Demo-man)

Weapons:

1st Weapon - Assualt Rifle
2nd Weapon - Dispersion Pistol - still needs a home in XMP
3rd Weapon - Grenades - EMP, Conc.
4th Weapon - ??? [HELP]

Can REPAIR vehicles very quickly (since vehicle armours drop dramatically in XMP, it would be nice to have a counter balance)

Slower than the Tech and Ranger.
Armour tougher than Tech.

Special Ability (due to NO supply packs): When sitting in a vehicle, all the weapons become stronger and the armour can take more of a beating.

Though this could be interesting a class to implement, ANY new class should only be included as a mutator, anything else just wouldn't be the XMP we've fallen in love with.

Ty^

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Emmet Otter said:
What exactly is your point to these threads Captain!?
You lot should take up psychology. Very simple: the game is almost finished, but to cover this up FMI starts sowing confusion. Nobody knows what to expect anymore, and then WHAM! there it is... the finished product. Everyone will be happy and dance in the streets, then chain themselves to their keyboard and lose many hours of sleep.
Simple mind tricks, but oh so fun...

[PE] Bender

Used Register
Feb 19, 2004
Terra/Sol
[STARS]TyranT said:
The only new class I could possibly think of which could be easy to impliment using 2K4 - is the V.Mech. Dem. (Vehicle Mechanic/Demo-man)

Ty^

I ll go with this idea :).
The fourth Weapon should be of cause a Remote Demo Charge. Primary Fire places a Charge and Secondary lets them all detonate. And maybe a Timed Demo Charge with a 30sec or configurable timed Fuse?
The fifth Item in his Loadout should be something like a Nano-Wrench to repair Vehicles and Deployables :).

I don t think the "Special Ability" is a good Idea, as all other classes then should get one too and this would be to much.

Instead of the Assault Rifle this Class could get a Weapon similar to the ELF Gun of Tribes 2, which drains the targets Skill- and Stamina Bar and slows it down by, lets say, 50% Speed(Players AND Vehicles).

So this class wouldn t have much Frag-Power except his Explosives but be a valuable Support Class.