My mother has cancer.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
I just found out Thursday. Stage 4 breast cancer. It's spread to her liver and three places in her spine. The mass in her upper spine has broken two bones which caused the pain that sent her to the hospital where they diagnosed it, and she's in a neck brace for it. I am so ****ing scared right now.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Damn...I feel sorry for her and for you in the situation. It is sure very serious...I just hope she will get out of it, but damn... :(

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Ah, that sucks. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer just one year ago, also in december, but luckily it was caught so early, that the doctors could only trace 7 cancer cells anywhere else in her body. They removed the tumour and then gave her chemo and radiation, just to be sure. Sounds like your mother is going to have a much harder time :(

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I wish your family the very best in dealing with this. There are truly no words that can express the sorrow and suffering of a family member in jeopardy, but I wish you all the strength to carry through.

~Jason

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
It's always tough seeing a parent or child with an illness like that. Cancer is a hell of a thing because the treatments are nearly as devastating as the disease. It's maddening that we can't even control the spread of cells in our own bodies. I know you're a strong person, Rachel, and you'll deal with it as best you can. So sorry to hear.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
We interrupt your regularly scheduled douchebaggery to say that though I don't know you from the next person I'm quite sorry for your situation.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
I never know what to say in thease situations, except a generic "i wish you and yours the best of luck".

It's heartfelt, but i wish i could say something more profound than that, something that would make you feel better :(

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
It's always tough seeing a parent or child with an illness like that.
well, every single person on Earth is either a parent or a child, so I guess that about covers it :eek:
this is tough news no matter who it affects. it sounds like her mother didn't catch it until very late, but it's not like it would be any less tough if it was discovered early. cancer is a terribly unpredictable disease that isn't biased and doesn't play by the rules.

I wish her mother the best of luck, but more so I'm worried for the family. cancer treatment can be so expensive on top of how much energy it takes out of those who care for the person receiving it. regardless of the outcome, hope can be found in strength. from what I know about Rachel, she has got strength in spades and she had to get it from somewhere. I wish you and your family the best.