My mother has cancer.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rAt.8^].bAg

Don't eff wid Gkublok
Aug 10, 2008
My grandmother died of stomach cancer, and my father died of heart problems, both about the same time a few years ago. A few years before that, I lost an aunt, uncle, and 10 y.o. cousin in a horrible car accident. It wrenches your guts out when it happens, and it's pain we have to somehow tolerate if we're going to be here.

Best of luck to you and yours.

Last edited:

Animus

bladiebladibla
Sep 24, 2004
in Manta under water
i consider myself fairly young and inmature, i never had lost anyone in my life untill now. 1 year ago my grandmother with which i was very close (she was pretty old but also died of cancer) now my mother from cancer. Its weird how you suspect to deal with a loss and try to imagina how it would be and how you would process it, you cant its a point in your life that changes things and you have to decide what to do with it. its not an event or emotion you go trhough, for me its more like a pain and it forces me to change and push me to care more about my father and sisters.
I need to decide if i should throw away all my ideas about my life, in how far and with what.
Its really hard.

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Heck ... I'd just come over to say Merry Christmas to some of my mates.

OK ... You and I don't know each other. I'm not around a lot recently, but my bro's and sis's on this forum mean the world to me.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, and of course you're scared. I don't know your strengths and weaknesses, but I do know the strengths of this community. You're in the right place and with the right people. I'm sure you know this.

I will make sure to revisit this thread.

Best wishes

Z

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Well, we got some great news today from the oncologist. It's not the death sentence we thought it was in the beginning. It's not curable, it will eventually kill her, and she's going to have to get chemo for the rest of her life, but she's going to live for years with it. It's such a huge weight off knowing that we don't have to say our goodbyes right now, and that she'll be able to see her grandson grow up.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Chemo for years is still quite terrible to be honest D:
I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone but I wouldn't wish chemo ad vitam æternam either.
Good luck once again.

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Hi, Angel_Mapper

Darkdrium's words echo strongly within me.
There is a burden to be carried.

And much to celebrate ... I'm sure that your mom is happy and relieved to be able to continue being with you and, as you say, to see her grandson grow up.

There may be things you all can say or do which you might have felt impossible, until this recent oncologist's report. Some Pathways which sooo seemed to be closed - Now opening again ...

And as you are appreciating what's important. there may be things you all had never thought to say or do in the first place, with each other and individually - New Pathways ...

... my best wishes for this and all your new years to come.
Z

Last edited:

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Angel - you know I love you and I'm so sorry you are going through this. I miss my mom so much and I know you must be so scared. Cherish every precious moment with her and be sure you keep her positive. A positive outlook is so helpful in cancer treatment; it helps the body fight.

You have my email if you need to talk or you need anything. I'm here.

Chemo for years? Knowing that my grandfather did that and after 5 years couldn't take it anymore, it's not worth the pain you go through he told me.

For this, I am glad that your mother still has a chance to live longer than just a few months as originally suspected. I know that you'll be with her every chance that you can. As Flak said, you'd be extremely surprised what positive and happy surroundings can do.

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
I can't begin to imagine what it's like to be in your shoes, and I really wish you and your family the best.

Fuzz_Ball

Aug 18, 2010
AZUSA
Hi, Angel I'm saddened to read this news but also relieved to know your mom will still be around with you.

My thoughts are with you and your family as you find your way through this.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
I just found out Thursday. Stage 4 breast cancer. It's spread to her liver and three places in her spine. The mass in her upper spine has broken two bones which caused the pain that sent her to the hospital where they diagnosed it, and she's in a neck brace for it. I am so ****ing scared right now.

Sorry to hear that AM.