Mutator: Inf Weapon Enhancement

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Crowze, would you be up for teaming up to do a complete soundpack? I'm up for it if you are.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
How exactly do you mean... making completely new sounds for every weapon? I wouldn't be against the idea, but it would have to be part of IWE since a separate mutator would be incompatible. I've already got some ideas for the suppressed sounds, which I'll be testing out after the next release, but I'd be happy to include any sounds you have to offer (subject to a Reality Check(tm) ;)).

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
I'm thinking of an update version of this mutator that replaces a vast majority of the sounds instead of just a few (but not everything; I love the new MP5A2 suppressed fire sound). Anyway, what's the best way to contact you? Does AIM work?

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Hey! The MP5 bug (misallignment without Aimpoint) I pointed out all those years ago is still around? Yippy!!!

I wonder if the claymore bug is still there (try picking up a claymore from a dead body - most times, you will pick it up, but it won't show up as an item you can use, you just gain the bulk value)?

[5 minutes later]

Yes. Yes it is.

Can anybody fix these? :(

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
This claymore thing seems (as far as I remember) to have something to do with the fact that a clay stays longer than other dropped items. If it is picked up AFTER the rest disappeared, you cannot use it. Sometimes I could use these clays, but only when the other stuff was still there.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
HEy just a Prob with IWE, how come the Colt .45 doesn't show up in the QA menu when i have this mute on? The Mini Uzi Shows up & the standard INF pistols show, dunno bout the Swiftwind DE .50 (don't use it much ne more).

Dunno what files u would wanna look at so i've included my Infiltration.ini & InfiltrationUser.ini files, in InfWeaponEnhancement.ini i have;
Enabled=True
RTMode=True

Any ideas? Will i have to disable IWE to get the Colt .45 in the QA menu? :( cus i quite like the new sound (although can't remember the old 1).

Oh n had to rename the .ini files to .txt cus it wont except the .ini file extension

Attachments

• Infiltration.txt
    37.8 KB · Views: 12
  • InfiltrationUser.txt
    20.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
I hope we get more servers using this mutator soon. I think it fixes at the moment some problems many were talking about (shotgun collision, m249 time between bursts, g3 recoil...). And I hope to see it make inf an even better gaming expercience in the future.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
I'm tempted to release what I have so far, and damn the M4A1's scope. However that probably won't happen before the weekend because of work, and if it's the weekend I may as well fix the M4A1.

don, was it you asking about the G36K? I've done the same to it as to the FAMAS, but it looks kind of stupid.

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
(warning, i wrote this w/o use my brain)

Well, instead of zooming out to see the surroundings, you could try to zoom in more, to see the surrounding through the optic; kind like the acog, but without the zoom.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
this look good very crowse. the aim could be a little further , so we can use the free aim to lower the weapon. you could find the limit where you can walk with the gun aimed down in free aim looking straight forward.. and set the distance here..

you might anwser that the hole will be too small, but its still way bigger than the mp5 or G3 sites "hole" .

i like turin idea, but i think the aimpoint is not meant to be used with the eye really close to it, its more like a reflex sight. if you want to really aim with that gun, theire is the scope. plus its not practical to walk around with a limited FOV..
unless you enlarge the HOLE so that ALL the screen green.. but that wouldnt be too realistic

another point why i find this screen good, is that the scope device is close to the eye on the screenie.
the user uses the weapon with the eye close to the scope device (this position) and imho, he uses the aimpoint for reflexes shoots, without getting closer to the aimpoint.