MeshMaker 1.0 released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mychaeel, nice tool you got there!!! thx for this, I can put it to good use in my map (some semisolid decorations have many see through poly's, so this should solve it)

ofcourse we are (I'm) never satisfied, so I ask you: Can you also write us a tool that reverses this process, like a tool that converts a mesh into a 3ds builder brush???

Mychaeel

(Sorry for the hiatus. I enjoyed a couple of completely Internet-free days around Christmas away from my computer. :cool:)

if u did, how would the animations be built in UED?
CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS?

Firstly, when MeshMaker supports the .3ds file format for import, it might become an interesting alternative to Epic's (or rather Legend's) own rather basic 3ds2unr model conversion tool.

Secondly, I actually had a couple of ideas how to make animated decorations available for use in UnrealEd; one option could be to continuously loop a single animation, or to switch between two looping animations when the decoration actor is triggered, or to play a given animation once when the decoration is triggered, or whatever else---that's all doable with just a little bit of code that could automatically be added by MeshMaker if the user wishes it. Imagine the possibilities. ;)

Last edited:

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
Originally posted by Mychaeel

Secondly, I actually had a couple of ideas how to make animated decorations available for use in UnrealEd; one option could be to continuously loop a single animation, or to switch between two looping animations when the decoration actor is triggered, or to play a given animation once when the decoration is triggered, or whatever else---that's all doable with just a little bit of code that could automatically be added by MeshMaker if the user wishes it. Imagine the possibilities. ;)

Yes but the question was:
How would you BUILD your animation out of brushes and convert that to an animated mesh using Meshmaker ???

Lemoni

The Philosapher
Feb 17, 2001
members.lycos.co.uk
Stupid Tip

dont know if any one has noticed that if the prefab is intersected with a brush rotated at 90 degrees, when meshed usingMeshmaker the mesh ends up rotated 90 degress.

My tip.
Make sure u reset the rotaton of brushes before intersecting, othewise meshes come out at the wrong angle

Rocketman

Apr 10, 2000
Birmingham,AL,US
www.ts3d.com
One thing I've noticed is it doesn't do LOD for the mesh. That's a good thing in most cases though. I've had some good progress with it. It even supports animated textures. Havn't tried an animated mesh yet, but the CTF flag is animated. Surely there's a way to make it happen.

w00p

Windows at its best
totally OFF-TOPIC

I know it has nothing to do with UT, and it may have already been said in this thread but its massive and i just dont have time to read it all.
I happen to be a programmer too (, well actually a total nOOb in
Visual BASIC). Just a total off-topic question: have you ever been a BASIC programmer (since meshmaker is probably in C++)?
Now if that is true, you must have been a nOOb too once,
searching the entire net for good tutorials just like me.(unless u did it the hard way)

The actuall question: Wich tut site do you really recommend
(unless u would like to be a kind of mentor thingey:D :D :D :D :cool: ...

well, now a ON-TOPIC question(maybe even bug-report)
ok, did the reintersect (with a downloaded V-22A prefab:) )
everything worked well, all the textures were found, everything was compiled, etc.

So I select it in the actor class browser,
right click on a surface and select: add V-22A Osprey here;
I click and nothing happens, do it again and nothing happens!!!:mad:

its like selecting "actor" without expanding it and
"adding it to ur map"
n e way
thx

Mychaeel

Just a total off-topic question: have you ever been a BASIC programmer (since meshmaker is probably in C++)?
MeshMaker is Delphi. Delphi is a nice language for stuff like that.
Now if that is true, you must have been a nOOb too once,
searching the entire net for good tutorials just like me.(unless u did it the hard way)
The actuall question: Wich tut site do you really recommend
When I started programming (in Basic indeed, though not in Visual Basic), the World Wide Web wasn't yet, so I can't give you any useful advice there, I'm afraid. Sorry... :hmm: (Weird. I can hardly imagine a world without the World Wide Web anymore.)

O'Reilly generally has good books. I don't know whether that holds for Visual Basic as well, but I suppose so.

I click and nothing happens, do it again and nothing happens!!!
Does it show up in the 2D viewports as a wireframe model? Occasionally Unreal Tournament's script compiler fails to load texture packages even though MeshMaker was able to find them (happens with Tactical Ops textures, for instance, because they reference other packages out of the compiler's reach for footstep sounds).

What texture packages does that prefab use?

If you send me the .t3d prefab and the .u file created by MeshMaker, I'll have a look at your problem.

LP

*wants to be your friend*
Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
Re: totally OFF-TOPIC

Originally posted by predator_321_go
I click and nothing happens, do it again and nothing happens!!!:mad:

it happens to me sometimes too , but restartin the ed , r loading the package again always works

Lemoni

The Philosapher
Feb 17, 2001
members.lycos.co.uk
Animation

how a bout creating a series of brushes for each fram of animation and program mesh maker to link the frames to generate the the animation file

w00p

Windows at its best
THX

oreill or whatever does have VB books, so thanx alloooot!!!:p :D :cool:
oh crap, about the buggy thingey, I got really pised of and totally deleted every mark it has left on my computer :( ...
i'll make it again...
also, can you give a mesh keyframes to act as a mover???
I saw a skybox with a moving fighter (found in decoration
sub-class) and actually one in the level itself, dropping bombs with redeemer effect!!! (CTF-talib at vortex napali ...)
anyway, peace to u all :D :D
:blueflag:
:redflag:

LP

*wants to be your friend*
Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
Originally posted by namu
w00t!

Thanks to MeshMaker i'll now be able to make meshes on my own, on a Mac, instead of having to rely on someone to convert my .DXF to .3DS, add texture and converting to UT mesh format.

:tup:

Those silly, silly macs :)