1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I wish Epic thinks about this when making the new UT

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Nosnos, Mar 31, 2005.

1. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Speaking of hit effects, I'd like it to be easier to know when you're getting shot at. UT2003 had the red screen flash when you were hit and apparently that pissed people off, so they went to the red, hardly-visible arrows on the edges of the screen. It's all fine and dandy when you're hit with lightning or something most of the time, but it can take awhile to realize you're getting pelted with minigun bullets. I, personally, didn't mind the red screen flash so much, because at least I knew when I was getting hit without a doubt whatsoever. Plus, if they're leaning towards a more UT feel, they need to make it look like it hurts when you get shot.

The option to have a first-person view of your ragdoll death complete with your own visible body would be awesome too. Just imagine falling down the Gael pit like that! :D

2. FireCrack

FireCrack New Member

Yeah, i wasnt whenever you die to have a view from the head gib or head bone in a ragdoll. Sheer awesomness.

3. The Listener

The Listener The Quiet One

All I ask is that they keep the Gen Mo'Kai and keep the fast paced and non-serious gameplay that UT2004 has.

4. TossMonkey

TossMonkey brown bread?

I haven't been in this part of BuF for ages but I think I just orgasmed at this post.

5. SiN-BiN

SiN-BiN New Member

Operation Flashpoint had this as well

6. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

They tend to keep body renders out of the game for the purpose of engine optimisation, but it's a valid point that it should probably be brought in at some point. Though it'll definitely be a toggled option in that case, i would think.

7. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

There was a Jurrasic Park game that had that feature as well. I think it would be nice to have as an option, but most people would probably turn it off after a while.

8. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

You mean Trespasser? One of the biggest failures of PC gaming history? :p

9. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

Considering that a lot of people want to play this game without any visible weapons I'd doubt that visible limbs will be worth anything to them.

Otoh ... this new engine is said to be able to push millions of polygons. So adding a few for the body and some for the weapons isn't likely to hurt the game at all.
    Heck I doubt that you'd notice any fps-drop in the current game provided you had a somewhat decent pc for this game.

10. Nosnos

Nosnos Nali

Well as long as you can turn it off ;)

11. Mr.Magnetichead

Mr.Magnetichead Banned

Shows how much you know and how many games you've played.

Tribes 1 had it

Tribes 2 had it.

Operation Flashpoint had it

Jurrassic Park Trespasser had it.

A body is nothing but a distraction, it pretty much destroys your vertical FOV.

Also if you drive ONS vehicles in first person you're not playing well enough for your opinion to hold any kind of wait.

12. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

a body done right won't destroy any FOV. In fact it will make it more realistic ...

Quite the contrary. If you need the increased FOV to compensate for your lack of situational awareness then you are the one that's not playing well enough :p

Besides he's got a valid point. Why go through the trouble of creating a 1st-person view for vehicles in the first place if it's not completed ?
    They've got a somewhat convincing driver-position in the Hellbender & Scorpion, but the other vehicles don't have anything that resembles a cockpit. It would make the game feel finished if everything at least looked and operated identical.

13. Ignotium

Ignotium Que hora es?

you mentioned what? 4 out of 1379497159715???

REAL Tournament? WTF?

lol

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  14. Lightzout

Lightzout Infiltration Player

Keep up the good work Ictus!

15. Mr.Magnetichead

Mr.Magnetichead Banned

Now remove the games that are not FPS's

16. W0RF

W0RF BuF Greeter, News Bagger

It may help the suspension of disbelief to be able to see your own body when looking down while on the ground, but is there really much point to that?

And if you're in the air and need to look down it will obstruct your view, which is hardly worth it to recreate the startling realism of people who apparently are always standing straight up, facing forward, even when rolling in mid air to blast somebody behind and below them.

17. Mr.Magnetichead

Mr.Magnetichead Banned