1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fraghouse Community Pack

Discussion in 'General mod talk' started by Kaithofis, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Mr. SlackPants

Mr. SlackPants The red guy

Ok then. Couple of screenies from the map. :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. LEDx0rz

LEDx0rz The most brilliant man that ever lived

:hmm:

hmm, i see a shocking resemblence between that map and another map (forgot the name) from serious sam, was it inspired by it or is it a remake of it?

3. -]RONO[-_666

-]RONO[-_666 New Member

That's right.. it's sort of a remake..i don't know the SS map name either.. :lol:

4. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

Was this beta tested? It's not an insult, it's a real question. What I'm about to say may sound harsh but it's not intended (if you know me and my style anyway.)

There's a problem with suicidal bosses in Boss Rush when you use mutators. When I don't use mutators, it works just fine. The second I flavour the game with anything but "vanilla", the bosses commit seppuku. If every other game type can get mutators to work......

In Fraghouse Reloaded, when you do an objective map: you complete the map, and the game keeps playing until you die.

In regular FHI, map FHI-FrigidDarkening: Nothing on-screen works. When you get that "next wave in 10, 9, 8..." etc. countdown, the numbers don't showup at the top. When you grab a weapon, it doesn't say "you picked up the <weapon name>." I didn't think this was even possible to do in a map.

There is a really dark map that takes place underground or in a cave or something (sorry for not remembering the name.) When you complete a wave on that map, it doesn't increment, so you're stuck at wave 1 forever.

How does stuff like this happen? If it were a problem across the board (on all the maps, not just one), it could be attributed to the mod, but apart from the boss rush thing these are all map-specific. I didn't know you could do things like that to maps.

5. Artman40

Artman40 New Member

I also made a short bugs and things-that-could-be-improved list in the latest news's comments in the Fraghouse main site.

6. Mimiked

Mimiked The man with the Sword!

It would be nice if the next FHI community pack has this kind of level concept
    Here

7. SacredLye

SacredLye New Member

I notice that FHI 4.0 does not have several of the things that the FHCP came with. Are there plans to update the FHCP so that FHI 4.0 has Fraghouse Reloaded and Boss run as well as any maps that may have been missed??

Sacred

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  8. Da Wrecka

Da Wrecka New Member

Fraghouse Extension, the package containing Boss Rush and Reloaded as well as the Life Gauges mutator, was my writing. It was included in the FHCP because the organisers thought it would be nice to put it in there and naturally I thought "Hey! Free publicity! Way!" Lately though I've been having my time sucked up by "work", Half Life 2, and...well, that's about it.

In short; don't gripe at the Fraghouse team about the lack of Boss Rush et al. Gripe at me. :)

9. DeathAdder

DeathAdder a.k.a. LightBringer

Is it about time for an FHCP for FHI IV? Dark Dust, where are you?

10. -]RONO[-_666

-]RONO[-_666 New Member

Right here my friend. :)

I was on holiday for 2 and a half week and just returned last sunday.

There is already little work done on the new FHCP. As soon as BU is back up, read the newsie on the fhcp site.

11. lvlorpheus

lvlorpheus New Member

I know its a bit late but, good work on the FHCP. :tup: I must admit I thought I had the pack until one day it was listed on the Fraghouse site as a download.

12. -]RONO[-_666

-]RONO[-_666 New Member

It is never to late m8. Cheers! :cool: