Fraghouse Community Pack

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Yes, "the rumours" are true; A FHI Com Pack is being developed

And yes, everything is going nicely, although I think you can never have enough. That's why I'm hereby also asking YOU to submit. Everybody who has interest in anything, wheter it's coding, mapping or even testing some content for the pack, feel free to send a PM or e-mail me or Dark_Dust
Dark Dust will sign you up @ his forum, where you will be granted access to all of the Ownagian content :D

So if there's ANYTHING you can do, we are looking for you ;)

Then included here is an update file, which will be updated regulary
The UNCLEAR section indicates a few semi-submissions of which I would really like some clarity, or suffer from some problems
And for the demanding peeps who want screens, here and here are some forum threads.

Then on to the update file
Latest Update: 8-8-2004

Last edited:

Artman40

Aug 3, 2002
Somewhere
Visit site
Can I join too? I decided to still continue mapping. I am making the map called FHI-BloodPool (which is really strange map because of the new static meshes and some weird gravity usage) which is gonna be pretty good!

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
[CON]Ronin said:
Dark Dust will sign you up @ his forum, where you will be granted access to all of the Ownagian content :D

Heh..Ronin.. you'd have to sign up yourself (of course i could do that, but doesnt really make sence eh? :D), then i will authorise you.

@ parser, ty for making it sticky, we'd sure get more attention now.
And we got a new member, ArtMan40, Welcome m8 :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
[CON]Ronin said:
And also (once more) you can find info and screens of a few maps right here in the FH forums.

Erm... My FHI-BOSS-Cornerless map doesn't work now, (if you read the thread of the same name) and so you can take it off the list :)

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
But god, we NEED more mutators and the like, all we basically have is maps :p

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
I'm not sure, look on other forum :( (Dark_Dust's) I hope it's gonna be ok, it took a while to make :(

Artman40

Aug 3, 2002
Somewhere
Visit site
Now One preview of the static mesh included in the extras pack...
You see, these bricks look to have depht.
Going in wireframe mode proves that they really have the depht.

Unfortunantly, one static mesh which contains 16 bricks, has exactly 1000 triangles, whih is quite a lot.

Attachments

• TBLTHD.gif
    TBLTHD.gif
    80 KB · Views: 78
  • GOWFPTTHI.gif
    GOWFPTTHI.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
[CON]Ronin said:
I'll try and get it hosted, so not everybody has got to d/l the file.

I'll put that on my site. :)
Im working on it, but unfortunately, i lost some for unknown reason.
Hmpf.. :mad:

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Yeah, another update! (if anyone ever views it)
Now we've got 17 announced maps on the list, against... still the same 3 coded additions.
I suppose if the list keeps growing like this, we'll have to make a selection. But don't let that prevent you from submitting them all in! ;)

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
www.bazutmaps.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Yea, think decent, or at least fun maps submitted should be included in the pack, overall, all the maps included in the pack so far are great :)

I can certainly say being part of the team, that the CP is really going to add sometihng to the FHI mod and I think many FHI players will love the maps. I have certianly had much fun beta testing the ones we have. Keep up the good work everyone.

Captain'04

I'm the Alpha and the Omega
Fraghouse Invasion: Boss life gauges

Name: Fraghouse Extension
Version: v1.00
Compatibility: only tested with build 3236, Fraghouse Invasion 3.1.
Description: Currently contains just one mutator, Boss Life Gauges. This adds a life gauge to your HUD while fighting a boss in Fraghouse Invasion, pure and simple. This means you at least have some indication of how much more work you have to do.
Comments: Hasn't been tested extensively in netplay. To use it, just add the mutator to your list - use the "Fraghouse - Boss life gauges" entry in Instant Action or the GUI/webadmin server setup, and the class FraghouseExtension.FHIBossLife from the command line.
And the spider thing, also about to be owned.
Credits: Fraghouse Invasion is the property of an excellent thinktank, who can be found at http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/
This mod was coded from scratch by me in the space of about six hours, but this doesn't include any netplay testing. If you find any bugs in it, please let me know about them so I can work on them.
Homepage: None at present.
Download: http://www.dawrecka.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Unreal/FraghouseExtension.zip

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
hehe, you want this thing in the pack, or just show off with what you've made? :lol:

Anyway, I dunno what the opinion is of the rest of the team, but I'm not really anxious to include this.
You see, the piece of work is awesome, real improvement to the mod itself etc etc, BUT, it's available for download on the Atari forum, it's available here, it's being uploaded to the fileworks and be put on the main site of Fraghouse available for anybody.
And it's not that I don't want it to keep everything 100% exclusive to the team, cause if you search around a bit there are e few maps on the update file (or were) which you can d/l in the forums here.
BUT this is really too much available for me. Actually I wouldn't know why you would want this in, you've got all the publicity you can get...
But as ever, I will be the dutchie that I am; I'm neutral, on everything. Most of the time ;)

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Ronin, why are you run down this mutator? At least, it seems so..
What's wrong with posting this inhere? I didn't knew someone was up to something like this and i guess neither parser did knew..

Heh, my guess you don't want this in the pack is cause someone else coded this while you actually wanted to code it yourself.. or what?
Why exactly should it NOT be in the pack? Saying because it's available for download here and there isn't a valid argument.
Also, did you notice this was posted in Beta forum?
Meaning, this is beta and obviously.. not final.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting this Captain'04, this is awesome! There's been quite much demand for such thing in FHI.
Unlike Ronin, i'd like to include the final in the pack (with the author's his/her permission). Why? Parser mentioned it already... And.. the fact that our pack lack any form of coded stuff.

Just my opinion. :)

Last edited by a moderator: