FragBU test. Friday, June 4th, 2010

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Had fun tonight! I guess it's a good thing I checked the forums because I thought the test was Sunday night. Whatever maps we were playing, the bots were pretty decent, so it wasn't so bad. JD probably was bored but I got him a few times (one for sure I know). Nice playin' with Danny, IceFrag, Lakota, shoptroll and at least one other human players.:)

This was probably only the second time I played UT3 online for more than 30-45 minutes online (although, I've played the other UT games online a lot but never really sharpened my skills). I tend to try a bunch of maps and never really learn the layouts that well, so if you see me running around like an idiot, well, I really don't know where I'm going.;)

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Had fun tonight! I guess it's a good thing I checked the forums because I thought the test was Sunday night. Whatever maps we were playing, the bots were pretty decent, so it wasn't so bad. JD probably was bored but I got him a few times (one for sure I know). Nice playin' with Danny, IceFrag, Lakota and at least one or two other human players.:)

This was probably only the second time I played UT3 online for more than 30-45 minutes online (although, I've played the other UT games online a lot but never really sharpened my skills). I tend to try a bunch of maps and never really learn the layouts that well, so if you see me running around like an idiot, well, I really don't know where I'm going.;)
Some of the games were really quite fun and for the most part I've been trying to get the achievements. So far tonight I manged to get Pisterola, Goo God, Never saw it coming and I think I'm one away from the Head Hunter one. So it's been rather fun the entire night. :D

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Talking about playing against bots, it would be nice to have voting for the "players VS bots" setting. I'm not sure if it's still in UT3 though, but I'd assume so if there is co-op and such.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Some of the games were really quite fun and for the most part I've been trying to get the achievements. So far tonight I manged to get Pisterola, Goo God, Never saw it coming and I think I'm one away from the Head Hunter one. So it's been rather fun the entire night. :D

Glad to see my cannon foddering wasn't for naught! :lol:

zdiv

Mar 3, 2010
Good games.

Being from Europe I knew the lag was going to be pretty bad, but hopefully I was able to be useful for my team :)

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Btw, I want to ask something. What mouse sensitivity do you guys use? I had my mouse sensitivity up to 4000 and I STILL couldn't hit anybody.

Anyway, does this mean FragBU will be back?

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Ren, we're already using TS3. :V

KillerSkaarj: You probably couldn't hit anybody because your sensitivity is too *high*. Mine is at 110, but that number doesn't mean anything because the true sensitivity depends on a lot of other factors (the OS, what kind of mouse). Measure the distance you have to move your mouse to turn 360°. Anything smaller than around 5 cm (2 inches) is probably too fast for anyone to aim well, really; my opinion is that it should be as slow as possible while still being able to turn comfortably (this depends on how you move your mouse (wrist? elbow?) and how big your mousing area is). I think my sensitivity is around 35 cm (14 inches)/360°.

There's plenty of discussion about mouse sensitivity in these forums, especially the UT2004 one. Go ahead and search.

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
UTcomp with kickvoting on allows to kick the bots.

UTComp should be on anyways.

You're just complaining because I kicked your butt *empty smacktalk*
Great fun though!

Maybe making FragBU less regular (one night a week, or every other week, I'm not sure) will increase the player count through concentration. Too often though and it will return to what it was.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Talking about playing against bots, it would be nice to have voting for the "players VS bots" setting. I'm not sure if it's still in UT3 though, but I'd assume so if there is co-op and such.

The setting does indeed exist, and you can also stack the bots against the players in a ratio of 2:1 or 3:1. I'm not sure if there's a console command for it though.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
KillerSkaarj: You probably couldn't hit anybody because your sensitivity is too *high*. Mine is at 110, but that number doesn't mean anything because the true sensitivity depends on a lot of other factors (the OS, what kind of mouse). Measure the distance you have to move your mouse to turn 360°. Anything smaller than around 5 cm (2 inches) is probably too fast for anyone to aim well, really; my opinion is that it should be as slow as possible while still being able to turn comfortably (this depends on how you move your mouse (wrist? elbow?) and how big your mousing area is). I think my sensitivity is around 35 cm (14 inches)/360°.

There's plenty of discussion about mouse sensitivity in these forums, especially the UT2004 one. Go ahead and search.

The reason my sensitivity is so high is because I have little room to move my mouse. It's sandwiched between my keyboard and my second monitor. I guess I could move my keyboard over, but then it would be hanging off the side of my desk, which isn't really a problem now that I think about it. I'll try your suggestion.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Anyway, does this mean FragBU will be back?
It's a possibility. Brizz and I will need to look at how we did last night and what was more more successful The server died out for an hour right after Warfare was voted in, so most likely the gametype will not be vote-able if FragBU returns except for very rare occasions.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
It's a possibility. Brizz and I will need to look at how we did last night and what was more more successful The server died out for an hour right after Warfare was voted in, so most likely the gametype will not be vote-able if FragBU returns except for very rare occasions.

Honestly, loads of people left after the TDM games, leaving 4 people to play warfare, 3 of those being EU players, who then all left being 1/2am for them :p

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Had fun tonight! I guess it's a good thing I checked the forums because I thought the test was Sunday night. Whatever maps we were playing, the bots were pretty decent, so it wasn't so bad. JD probably was bored but I got him a few times (one for sure I know). Nice playin' with Danny, IceFrag, Lakota and at least one or two other human players.:)

Oh my, this was a FragBU event? :eek: I just went looking for populated servers and noticed JD in one... I hadn't been by BU yesterday to notice the news post. gg's :)