FragBU: Friday 2/3 and Saturday 2/4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
W0RF said:
When a team finishes junk in < 5 min, you know it's gonna be a long night.

The game I was there on, it wound up being really even. The first team won in 5 or so minutes, and then the second team wound up behind by about 15 seconds after securing the checkpoint, and nearly escaped a few times themselves. Although it could have been one of the oither times I suppose. I lose track of this stuff when we play a single map more than 5 times a night.

theticzyn said:
In addition to warmup mode, I'd like to see the hidden fun% stats activated in utcomp since so many ppl treat this game like a mmo.

What stats are those?

I had fun last night though, despite the games in a lot of situations. I can't remember the last tiem I had laughed so much, and the time was thouroughly enjoyable. I find that the game is fun if you chose to make it so, and don't listen to the scoreboard! I decided last night that I didn't want to bemoan the fate of losing, I just wanted to have me some fun, so I did. I lost my cool a couple times, but it's all about reminding yourself that if you're not having fun, then the whole thing is really pretty pointless. Even if DP is upset with Red, step back and look at how funny it is. (Do you want a tissue DP? :'( ) At the worst, you can always mute him.

Of course, winning always makes the game more fun. I'm pretty n00b at CTF and DM and all that shis, (although I'm a pr0 release switch camper in JB) but I CAN play AS. Winning is fun, but I think it would be more fun to play games of AS where the result was NOT determined by how many of me/mms/raffi/eif are on one team vs. the other. I would be willing to go through all the AS maps and teach any FragBU goes what I know about maps and general AS strategy so that we can have some good games of AS. If anyone is interested, post about this, and when might be good for everyone to get together.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I already forgot what map we were playing, but I just remember hearing a "NOOOO!" after many many minutes of silence on TS, and it was pretty funny :lol:

Edit: Oh yeah, I remember now, I think it was this match of Romra, where it stayed 0-0, and Blue scored the first (and only) point about 17 minutes in to the round :p

Last edited:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
CyMek said:
The game I was there on, it wound up being really even. The first team won in 5 or so minutes, and then the second team wound up behind by about 15 seconds after securing the checkpoint, and nearly escaped a few times themselves. Although it could have been one of the oither times I suppose. I lose track of this stuff when we play a single map more than 5 times a night.
The game I was in, our defense made one decent stand, and then collapsed, at every major checkpoint. When the power core actually RESET on our turn, I knew the match was over.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Hyrulian Hero said:
I already forgot what map we were playing, but I just remember hearing a "NOOOO!" after many many minutes of silence on TS, and it was pretty funny :lol:

Edit: Oh yeah, I remember now, I think it was this match of Romra, where it stayed 0-0, and Blue scored the first (and only) point about 17 minutes in to the round :p

Yeah, that was funny. Red must have taken our flag about 50 times, then m&ms runs over, grabs their flag once, shield-hops back and that's the game!

(at least he only did it once, so it looked like a close game.)

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
W0RF said:
The game I was in, our defense made one decent stand, and then collapsed, at every major checkpoint. When the power core actually RESET on our turn, I knew the match was over.

Does this maen you'll take me up on my offer of tutelage?

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
CyMek said:
Does this maen you'll take me up on my offer of tutelage?
I'm the last person that needs to be tutored on Assault, all I said was that particular match was a snowball going downhill.

FragBU has been host to some great Assault matches, when the server is full and there is good teamplay going on.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I'd be up for learning some l337 AS strats. :wavey:

I gotta say too... FragBU is a heck of a lot of fun. It is less so when:

- I hear incessant whining
- I hear people constantly attacking each other
- I hear players denigrate their own team.

So, hal's pro-tips of the week are these:

- stfu
- stfu
- stfu

Seriously... set your mic so that it requires a button press for speech so that we don't have to hear every utterance that pops into your brain. Think about what you are saying before you speak. Don't rip your team mates before, during, or after the match. The funny jab at someone else's expense that was so funny the first time is old starting the second time around.

So. There.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
I thought of one l33t strat: When playing against CyMek in Robotwars, infiltrate the other team and get in the rear link turret, so he can't.

ShakeZula

Nov 9, 2005
Cheshire, England
The Romra game which Red won 5-4 in overtime was the first non DM-based match I've ever enjoyed. Awesome

Can we get Lea on Vipers? Not for FragBU, but midweek 1on1 games always get played

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Linten said:
The Romra game which Red won 5-4 in overtime was the first non DM-based match I've ever enjoyed. Awesome

>That was an awsome match:) i wish i hadn't of went to the restroom halfway through though, i might have been able to stop Red from getting the flag once.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Hyrulian Hero said:
I still remember your AS-Junkyard map, Worf ;)
A classic never dies. :D
junk.jpg

hal said:
I gotta say too... FragBU is a heck of a lot of fun. It is less so when:
- I hear incessant whining
- I hear people constantly attacking each other
- I hear players denigrate their own team.
So, hal's pro-tips of the week are these:
- stfu
- stfu
- stfu
Seriously... set your mic so that it requires a button press for speech so that we don't have to hear every utterance that pops into your brain. Think about what you are saying before you speak. Don't rip your team mates before, during, or after the match. The funny jab at someone else's expense that was so funny the first time is old starting the second time around.
Hal wins the thread again.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
i played a map of thorns and nobody on my team was playing ctf so i bitched at them for a while and played dm in middle the next map ;x

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I edited my post and now my sig is f**ked! GG vBulletin!

That was real nice of you, Dan. Please, bless us with your presence from now on.

Version 9.0 of BuF's AS-Junkyard map (my contribution was "spam").

as-junkyard.jpg

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I think I added "Stuck Vehicles" (from my habit of repeatedly getting the vehicle stuck in a pipe) and "Excess Lag" (from when we played on the underpowered server on Ketnar and our excessive spidermines totally killed the server) :p

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Hah, yeah, those pipes really screwed up my perspective until I shield gunned the ground a few times. That was pretty wild flipping around and around.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
It was supposed to kill you but the pipes just pushed the car until it couldn't move, then it was crushed and you two flew out. :)