FragBU: Friday 2/3 and Saturday 2/4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Turns2Ashes said:
Good to see that warmup period being put to good use to balance teams and whatnot. I came in around 11:30 or so and had but one balanced game in the following four hours.

I looked at those teams in warmup, and every time I thought blue had the advantage. Do I underestimate my own pro-ness?

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
rdwhore5sk73113vd.gif

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I'm pretty sure DP tried several times to tell people to split of M&M, JD, T2A, and a few other people when they landed on the same team at the warmup. I don't think I ever saw his advice being followed the whole time I was connected.

As much as everyone b*tches about DP being the next Madden, I think he has a good idea of who is good and who isn't.

Turns2Ashes said:
Good to see that warmup period being put to good use to balance teams and whatnot. I came in around 11:30 or so and had but one balanced game in the following four hours.

Yeah I saw that last night when I went looking for the next stable driver before the beta one and couldn't find it cause they only had these up.

That system driver thing sounds counter-intuitive. Hopefully 2007 will have something like "Built-in Driver" or "Compatibility Mode"

Electrolyte said:
They released a stable version of the beta driver about a week ago. This one you can actually untick "System Driver" and UT will sound fantastic.

Last edited:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Iceboy2003 said:
I'm pretty sure DP tried several times to tell people to split of M&M, JD, T2A, and a few other people when they landed on the same team at the warmup. I don't think I ever saw his advice being followed the whole time I was connected.

As much as everyone b*tches about DP being the next Madden, I think he has a good idea of who is good and who isn't.
There's no question about that. It's the in-game bitching that's the problem ;)

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
nuttella said:
I looked at those teams in warmup, and every time I thought blue had the advantage. Do I underestimate my own pro-ness?

To be truely honest, I felt the same way. About half way though some maps thinking, why are we losing this??

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
if your refereing to Romra, that is totally team based, I shouldn't have played at ALL. Same goes for Lucious, I quit playing at 3-0, or 4-0 I forget.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Renegade Retard said:
Without going into details, I've been ill quite a bit lately, and couldn't play last night. I'll try to be around tonight.
I didn't let being sick stop me from playing last night ;)

(I did have to take breaks a bit more often and leave earlier than usual, though...)

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
I'll be there tonight, but I've gotten so little sleep lately I found myself drifting off on my couch while speccing. I'll be there past 11pm this time though. :)

Warning: While reclining and tired, DP's constatnt drong of whining becomes more like a lullaby than anything else.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
were some fun games, but I didn't have to suffer through JB last night either.

Good to see Han, hopefully you don't mean you aren't going to come back? :)

Sorry we missed you Ren :( Get better!

The teams were pretty off the whole time I was there, and then when Blue actually had a chance in AS there was DP trying to "even up the teams" so that Red would win again.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Iceboy2003 said:
I'm pretty sure DP tried several times to tell people to split of M&M, JD, T2A, and a few other people when they landed on the same team at the warmup.
I wasn't on m's and t's team the entire night.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Iceboy2003 said:

That wasn't it. The teams that were getting thrashed had m&ms, T2A, and -36, even JD or o4b in some cases. On paper, you'd have expected the results to be the opposite.

ThirtySixBelow said:
To be truely honest, I felt the same way. About half way though some maps thinking, why are we losing this??

Your main problem was that you had no flag campers, while we had Le Flag Camper Extraordinaire.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, JD was on Red most of the night. And to be honest, there were only one or two matches that I thought were a little unbalanced and the game ended up going the opposite way that I anticipated anyhow. Go figure.

Yeah, the Goose match was a blast. Very close all the way to the end. That's the way it oughta be. :)

nuttella said:
...while we had Le Flag Camper Extraordinaire.
:lol:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I had a pretty good time last night. There were a good number of games that were no contest, but Barcelona and Romra were damn nice. :tup:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Almost every match during warmups, I ask "are teams okay? Do we need to switch them up?" NO ONE REPLIES. So, the match starts with the teams as they are, and people start complaining about them.

So, what's a retard to do?

Hyru said:
I didn't let being sick stop me from playing last night

(I did have to take breaks a bit more often and leave earlier than usual, though...)

I wish it were that simple.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
hal said:
Yeah, JD was on Red most of the night. And to be honest, there were only one or two matches that I thought were a little unbalanced and the game ended up going the opposite way that I anticipated anyhow. Go figure.
Yah... I think for the most part the teams were "even" in terms of fragging skill, but it was the rest of the strategy/tactics that weren't quite there. The CTF games I played were oblitoratorial (huh?) in favor of red every single time even though we often had Ms/T2A/etc on our team.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Early GGs tonight.
Last game for me was a VERY unbalanced match on Goliath, when it was "Red 17 - Blue 107", it was decided to do something about it. :eek: