Fallout 3 Release 28th October

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
The enemies in Point Lookout are tough as nails though, due to a weapon enchant, meaning you'll die pretty quick without enough stimpaks, unless you sneak alot.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Fawkes can only be got through the main storyline, right? Dogmeat is cool, but he's really weak.
As for now I'm going through the sewers of the city near Vault 92. Deathclaw are really easy with the Dart Gun and good weapons such as the FireLance or Blackhawk. I hope I can find something useful there.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Fawkes is a one man army. Not handy if you wanna go sneaking around, but who wants to do that?

Both are reasons why I didn't like having him follow me when I played as a good character. He's no fun when you're a high-level character because he's so powerful that whatever challenge there was left in the game is gone with him around. Also, I like to sneak around, but that's impossible with him alerting every enemy within a mile radius.

I think I'm going to try having Clover join me at some point now that I'm playing as an evil character or maybe pay for Charon's contract. Jericho... isn't an option any more.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
The enemies in Point Lookout are tough as nails though, due to a weapon enchant, meaning you'll die pretty quick without enough stimpaks, unless you sneak alot.

I noticed that they're very hard to kill, but fortunately I'm a good sneak and I've got the Chinese cloak suit.

Is it save to put my stuff in an outdoor house somewhere? Or will enemies rob me when I'm away from home? (I know u can get houses in Megaton & Tenpenny Tower)

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Is it save to put my stuff in an outdoor house somewhere?
I've heard both sides of this theory, but I've yet to see any real proof toward either conclusion.
some people say that leaving your junk in a world container (any container outside of your safehouse) will result in its disappearance after 72 ingame hours. some other people say that they have successfully left their junk in a world container and came back to find it after many, many ingame days.

so who knows. it also probably differs from platform to platform, like some bugs and glitches that work in the PC version don't work in the PS or Xbox versions, and vise versa.
Fawkes is the awesome.
Fawkes is the man.
Fawkes is ok for a little while, but he makes the game very boring very fast. he's overpowered to begin with, and since he performs best with heavy weapons, everyone gives him the Vengeance or gatling laser or something. this causes him to essentially play the game for the player, he shreds through every enemy you find before you can even get a couple shots off. that's no fun.

if you're going to be good, Star Paladin Cross is by far the best companion in the game. her stats are the highest of all the companions except for Fawkes. but unlike Fawkes she can be dressed up in any type of armor, wield any weapon, doesn't overpower the player, and allows the player to be stealthy when they want.
Fawkes stands out like a sore thumb everywhere you go, zero stealth capability.

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
Some rare containers reset their content after 72 hours, so that could be it, but 99.9% of all containers don't. The Aqua Pura crates from Broken Steel do reset.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Are there any mods for this that allows you to play mp3s (preferably with the ability to pause)? The only ones I've seen will only allow you to replace the songs on the radio, which isn't what I want to do.

Speaking of which, is it normal for the songs on the radio to stutter constantly while listening with the pipboy? I rarely listen to the radio so it's not really a big deal (I even shot Three Dog in the face), but I've always found it weird that the stuttering only occurs in the pipboy and not in stationary radios. I'm suspecting Nod32 may be the culprit.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Yeah Radio shouldn't be stuttering Majik.

I recently started playing again as I got Anchorage and The Pitt DLC.
I liked the Pitt a lot and it's handy to get access to the ammo press once you complete it.

I only just figured out how to holster a weapon and use the flashlight :S

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Are there any mods for this that allows you to play mp3s (preferably with the ability to pause)? The only ones I've seen will only allow you to replace the songs on the radio, which isn't what I want to do.

Speaking of which, is it normal for the songs on the radio to stutter constantly while listening with the pipboy? I rarely listen to the radio so it's not really a big deal (I even shot Three Dog in the face), but I've always found it weird that the stuttering only occurs in the pipboy and not in stationary radios. I'm suspecting Nod32 may be the culprit.

Does it magically work again when you switch the radio off and on? I don't have any anti virus scanners running and it still happens to me on occasion. The above solution works most of the time. I always just thought it was part of the game :p

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
^
Nope, it doesn't. I've never been able to listen to the radio with the pipboy without the music stuttering (dialogue is fine).

I just tried disabling Nod32 entirely (as in stopping the service from running), but it didn't seem to make a difference, so I'm not sure what the cause is. I also experienced some sound issues with HL2: Episode 2 with the dialogue cutting in and out back when it was released. I haven't played it since, so I don't know if the problem is still present.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
I'm also running Nod32 and have no stuttering music. If you also had it in other games it might be a driver issue (?)

In Point Lookout I finished the main questline and there is something killing my NPC's (I suspect dogs) I found the woman from the store near the Pilgrim landing dead behind her counter.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
In Point Lookout I finished the main questline and there is something killing my NPC's (I suspect dogs) I found the woman from the store near the Pilgrim landing dead behind her counter.

Never had that happen, I did however kill the marauding dogs by the her/the motel pretty much right away.

I've also been back n forth to the wasteland several times & she's still there.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
As far as I can tell now she's not a character needed for any of the quests. So actually her dead made it easier, since the key to her stash was on her dead body. The downside is I can't see anything to her, but there's always Haley's Hardware a bit up north.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
As far as I can tell now she's not a character needed for any of the quests. So actually her dead made it easier, since the key to her stash was on her dead body. The downside is I can't see anything to her, but there's always Haley's Hardware a bit up north.

Everytime you visit Haley's Hardware his repair skill goes up by 5% so with a bit of fast-travel grinding you can get him up to 100% & repair all your unique weapons.