Fallout 3 Release 28th October

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
I don't know why, but using patch 1.0.0.15 of Fallout 3 and Fake Patch seems more stable than the latest patch.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I pretty much skipped Power Armor. I'm a Ranger Battle Armor type. That plus Ledoux's Hockey Mask. 30 extra AP are a nice thing to have.
Charon liked the Power Armor I gave him though.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I'm a Ranger Battle Armor type.
Charon liked the Power Armor I gave him though.

Haha, this sounds exactly like what I'm doing with my current playthrough.

I picked up Charon this time so I can freak out all the smooth-skins wherever I go. But before entering Tenpenny Tower I hooked him up with some Brotherhood power armor to avoid any confusion and I've been wearing my Ranger's set for the AP and small guns advantage.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
bump: so is anyone still running around the Wasteland? there's more DLC to come in the form of a quest that takes place entirely on a mothership and a swamp called Point Lookout.

also, I haven't heard much talk of mods here, but does anyone play with mods?
I've been using FOOK (Fallout Overhaul Kit) with Ultimate Power Armor which combined give me an unbelievable amount of extended gameplay with hundreds of new items/weapons and power armor that feels more like the way it should have been. Check it out:
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4448

I really feel like the vanilla Fallout 3 was lacking in weapon & armor variety as well as having surprisingly weak stats on the power armor.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Just bumping this thread as i've recently gotten the title and enjoying it.

Looking into the mods mentioned so far and the official add-ons but anyone know any other mods that are worth installing? At the moment i'm not after game changing ones really just improvements as i'd like to finish the game off before i start making sweeping changes to it.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Looking into the mods mentioned so far and the official add-ons but anyone know any other mods that are worth installing? At the moment i'm not after game changing ones really just improvements as i'd like to finish the game off before i start making sweeping changes to it.
you need to get yourself some FOOK:
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4448

it doesn't "change the game," but adds a ton of variety to it. I think the vanilla FO3 doesn't have nearly enough flavor in terms of weapons and armor. this mod adds a sh*tload of new guns and apparel to the world. go to the screenshots tab and take a look.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
bump: so is anyone still running around the Wasteland? there's more DLC to come in the form of a quest that takes place entirely on a mothership and a swamp called Point Lookout...

Finally got around to playing The Pitt & installing Broken Steel & Point Lookout.
BS raises the level cap to 30 apparently so some new perks should be interesting,
although the games really no challenge from 15 onwards so we shall see.

edit// those FOOK links appear dead.

also, 'Mothership Zeta, the last of the five announced downloadable expansions for Fallout 3, will debut on Monday, August 3'

Last edited:

akstylish

Keyboard Crasha
Jan 22, 2008
Why can't I seem to get used to this game? The repairing system is so annoying, ammo is scarce, running speed is so slow, etc. I find it far worse than oblivion except the v.a.t.s.

Sorry if I sound like a troll, but I genuinely want to know why some people regard this as the best wrpg they've played.

Why can't I seem to get used to this game? The repairing system is so annoying, ammo is scarce, running speed is so slow, etc. I find it far worse than oblivion except the v.a.t.s.

Sorry if I sound like a troll, but I genuinely want to know why some people regard this as the best wrpg they've played.

The repairing system improves as you get better stats, and finding ammo is only rough at the beginning (before long you'll have more ammo in your pocket than two fronts of an African civil war). Never had an issue with the running speed myself, and the whole sandbox exploration bit was always the high point of the game for me.

I can understand the game being jarring at first if you're used to conventional shooters (but if you have a hard time with Fallout3 I invite you to try a game called S.T.A.L.K.E.R., you'll be best friends with F3 in no time). Try playing the game as a jerk, though. Maybe that will improve it a bit for you. It's much easier to raise your levels earlier in the game and become a well rounded fighter/scavenger sooner that way.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com

I felt the same way. I think I was just playing the game wrong.

It seems like a cool game but can't get into it. Tried it twice and both times I ****ed up. Ran out of ammo and was left with a ****ty baseball bat to fight of ants that breath fire...

Who's going to win...me with a ****ty bat or fire breathing ants?

If I get time I'll try it a third time and see if I can actually get to fun part of the game that people talk about a lot

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I have to say that I too got to the fire ants area fairly early in my game. Thankfully I dealt with the mall first and flushed out that school so I had enough gear to make it, it's a tough place I think if your just kinda starting out in the game, id reccomend exploring a bit more first.

Finishing the fire ants quests Is cool though because you pretty much kill them all off never to see them again.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
I felt the same way. I think I was just playing the game wrong.

It seems like a cool game but can't get into it. Tried it twice and both times I ****ed up. Ran out of ammo and was left with a ****ty baseball bat to fight of ants that breath fire...

Who's going to win...me with a ****ty bat or fire breathing ants?

If I get time I'll try it a third time and see if I can actually get to fun part of the game that people talk about a lot

Sorry Mozi but that's pretty funny :D

In all seriousness you're right, you stand pretty much no chance early on against almost everything so it's important to pick your fights rather than just wading in.
Personally I don't do squat until I've got the shack in Megaton to fall back to
& have collected & sold enough stuff to at least have a fighting chance in the surrounding area.
The Superduper mart mission is a much better bet than the fire ants as there's a lot to loot & it's quite close by - Moria's missions that involve travelling much further are better left until you've levelled up some more.
If you want to level up really fast & get a bunch of very useful kit right away do the Operation Anchorage DLC.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
And people say video games are too easy now.
emot-smug.gif