Fallout 3 Release 28th October

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
You can install the DLC and play through it the first time through. Operation Anchorage in particular is available right out of Vault 101, you'll probably receive the signal that starts the quest soon after exiting. I got it before I even got to Megaton, twice because I had to restart my character.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Well, for OA, you get some pretty powerful equipment after you complete it. Although you wouldn't be able to wear one of your prizes until you get to a certain point in the main quest.

Not so, hence why OA is so useful at the start.
I would sort out somewhere to live before completing the whole mission though as there's a lot of loot & it takes a couple of trips to collect it all.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
God damn this game is crack. I have three characters. FML
I hear you brother.

I've played through the game 100% (including DLC) at least 4 or 5 times now, taking a different approach to every mission than I did before. I love that there are always several ways to complete any quest and it all effects the world around you, either physically or in the way NPC's react to you.

right now I'm saving 3 running playthroughs, an evil character, a good character, and a neutral character.

oh. and for the record, anyone who finds this game difficult, for whatever reason, isn't trying very hard. this game is easy peasy even on its highest difficulty. what keeps you coming back is the adventure, not the challenge.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
So after week or so of playing Fallout 3 via steam, I have been hooked... almost near the end of the game I think. But I feel that there is a world to explore so not completing the final quest (looked it up to be sure it was the end)

Only thing that pisses me off is the ****ing crashes. I patched the game and added it to FFDshow exceptions, and still crashes... lame.

I am so glad I gave this game another chance and played it properly. Laser Gatling Gun FTW! Love this weapon. BTW I have been playing as a total asshat, and have earned the rightful title of Harbinger of War... bad ass!

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Only thing that pisses me off is the ****ing crashes. I patched the game and added it to FFDshow exceptions, and still crashes...

Same. At least it doesn't cause a full lock like it used to & I can CAD to the 2nd monitor to kill it.
Happens at least once per session, seemingly at random.

Also if you're anywhere near level 20 you might want to load Broken Steel so as to not waste any XP.

akstylish

Keyboard Crasha
Jan 22, 2008
I gave this game another chance and indeed it gets pretty fun after the first 1/4 of the game. Are DLC's available for PC btw?

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I started playing through Fallout 3 for my 3rd time, this pass week or so, and the game is still awesome.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I started to play this game recently and I'm seriously hooked. ****ing totally awesome stuff. Whatever, it is still easy no matter the difficulty. Weapons like the Dart Gun, Shishkebab, DeathClaw Gauntlet or FireLance are just beastly.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
I gave this game another chance and indeed it gets pretty fun after the first 1/4 of the game. Are DLC's available for PC btw?

Yes, however I had some issues installing it.

Just a word of advice, if you are running XP you need some updates to game for windows to allow you to install the DLC after you purchase it. These should pop up on their own just hit yes for the GFWL hotfix.

Make sure you have the latest patch of the game and you should be set.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
This game is so addictive! A friend reminded me the new Zeta DLC is available.
So I got back into the game yesterday, started over from scratch around 1 in the afternoon. I stopped in the Anchorage mission, just after blowing up the cannons. By that time I was level 7 and it was getting light outside..(07:15) lol time flies when you play this :)

What is the best DLC pack? The Anchorage pack is fun, but basicly makes the game a shooter, which is less fun. Are the other packs better?

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
Point Lookout is the best in terms of being more Fallout 3. The Pitt feels small, and short. Broken Steel is nice, if you want to keep going after the main quest is done. Zeta is nice, lots of new stuff to find, however after you're done, you can't visit most of the areas, meaning you need to find everything before you finish the main quest.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Playing a little bit of Broken Steel and doing sidequests of the main game.

Got to level 20 last night as the Scourge of Humanity. Got the perk that shows me all the locations on the map. So many places I have not visited!

Was looking for some entertainment and took a fat man to group of mole rats... hilarious.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
That's ok since I'm not that far on the main quest anyway. I'm at the Galaxy News Radio Quest, the Sattelite dish sits in a locker in my house. :)
I'll finish Anchorage first and I'll goto Point Lookout after that, the main questline isn't that important (I allready finished the game twice) I just want to see as much as I can this time.

Last edited: