DM-CloudWarDemo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
sorry alexander
akumas post has enlighten me
it was probably out of jealousy and because I am only stuck to one type of maps, the type of maps I make
but you are right
your map is different, and IT IS hardcore and very well done!
please forgive me

AlexanderII

Ready to play Duke Nukem?
Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
As DavidM just wrote:
why do you even post your map here if you dont allow us to say bad things about your map?
Guess what? That's easy! Because I expect people at least to play this map first before posting their message. And this is what I said in my first reply on December 20th in the last year, thank you very much for paying attention. ;)

@kuma, thanks for the support, at least I see that there is a man who's common sence is strong enough to take over the emotions.

-> Yes, you don't have to like this map.
-> No, you should not say that here without playing the map first.
I think that make sence for a forum called "Play Testing", especially when the map is ready to play on and even the path nodes are laid out with high accuracy, which is not so easy consideryng the width of the bridges, and still the bots don't fall out too often. Hence the seemingly peculiar weapon plcaement, by the way.

And generally, please pay more attention at what you are talking about. Some comments are just completely out of topic!
Regards,

AlexanderII

MrFawn

Jan 25, 2000
Norway
www.planetunreal.com
alex

I cant play CS online without getting banned in 5 minutes
I can hardly play UT without someone nagging about me using an aimbot

Ive played games since the old days of cbm64

I spend over 40 hours a week playing games

Im a *sick* hardcore gamer

I remember I did a map like youe, trying to make a map with a new way of playing. Do you know what? I hate that map but peeps like you, love it.

AlexanderII

Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
DavidM:
As I said earlier, I have nothing personal against anyone. The whole discussione started because there was some dirt coming into nice and clean forum, so I had to take a broom and sweep it out. And by dirt I mean inappropriate comments for a particular forum. At some points I had to be rough, and I appologize for that. "There's always chips flying when they chop the forrest."

MrFawn:
So, what is your favorite map then? And maybe that was actually you who made this map for Duke3d? :)

Regards,

AlexanderII

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
But I DID play it!
I probably played it in a wrong way and I am not hardcore enough to understand it.
I just trust your comments now.

MrFawn

Jan 25, 2000
Norway
www.planetunreal.com
punkbuster is outdated ;) paladin is the new anticheat, but it doesnt help when 95% of the server admins are 14 years old

my favorite map is deck16
quite simply because action&tactics=fun

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
exactly david, you were out of order - this isnt a forum where you criticise a map because it doesnt measure up to your personal standards. No offence but I dont think you know 1/2 of what you think you do if you didnt find this map refreshing and enjoyable.

Or maybe you feel threatened by it? you too fawn, I know you think yourself something of a mapper but I've not seen anything approaching this from you. Maybe one day, when you've grown up.

AlexanderII

Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
MrFawn:
my favorite map is deck16
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that map is about 2 years old now, or so? See how long one can actually play the same map only because it was in the main map package?
Back then I was fascinated by new team game types and modifiers, so I didn't find any DM maps worth my attention. I mostly played CTF and assault. Next was domination. Teamwork requires new spetial skills, especially, when the friendly fire is on.

Regards,

AlexanderII

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Still I'll tell you something not new about the redeemer. Have you played CTF-Faces? I've seen lots of crazy stuff going on there that make this map so popular even now! Did any one server remove the redeemer? What happens if they'd do that.

(slow response, didnt had the time yet:)) erm, d00d, you know, i played the last 7 months not once on a server with redeemer on, and i played erm 50 times face the last few months, never saw a redeemer there or in other maps, you really think all the fun and stuff in face is based on the redeemer, ? you need more for that.

so what does a match on face looks like for you ?, respawning, walking too the redeemer room and there waiting, just like 10 others, untill the redeemer spawns, and while your at it, sniping the other respawinging guys on the other end of that map ? well..., thats not playing hardcore :p

AlexanderII

Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
As Hourences just made a point:
so what does a match on face looks like for you ?, respawning, walking too the redeemer room and there waiting, just like 10 others, untill the redeemer spawns, and while your at it, sniping the other respawinging guys on the other end of that map ? well..., thats not playing hardcore :p
Is that as far as your fantasy can go?
No, what I meant is in some games i didn't have a clue of how our flag can get to the enemy base so fast. Then I want to a forum and found some interesting advices. One of them was when you're surrounded and trapped on the top of a tower, you can shoot the redeemer against the wall. You'll be dead, but the power of the redeemer will be great enough to throw the flag close to your base. There are so many other cool things you can do with te redeemer, like use the enemy redeemer against themselves, chase a flag carrier, who can still kill the rocket with an enforcer. I've seen a tutorial on several other ways of escaping redeemer rocket at close combat. I tried them myself, but many people do it much better than me. It's not so easy to kill someone with a redeemer on CTF-Face today :)

Regards,

AlexanderII

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
its not the point what a redeemer can do, but its not hardcore, and your described flaagshooting thing is very lame, you have obisvioully no idea what hardcore is, and fair game and stuff, so dont call your map hardcore if its totaly the other thing :)

AlexanderII

Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
Many people just can't imagine all the cool stuff you can do in some maps. Maybe we should make peace, get together one day and play a round on DM-CloudWarsDemo? Maybe some other maps after that. I could show you my boomerang loop in the jumpboots, or shoot-jump over-turn around-shoot tactics on the narrow path. The bots are especially good at dodging there, and today I even got a headshot from a bot's razorthrower while I was flying in the jump boots! They are unbeatable in ballistics skills!

Regards,

AlexanderII

l3hmi

Jul 3, 2001
germany
www.planetunreal.com
wow thats a kewl trick... cap in 10 seconds... this redeemerlaunch for the flag is very lame... normally you immediately get flamed if u use it on a public server in leagues its not allowed to do so... you better try to be fair and cap "normally", good skilled players get the flag also to the own base without any lame tricks...

juzst to mention: respawnkilling/respawnsniping is also very lame...

CTF-Face is **** because of these tricks, good maps don't allow unfair playing... if "rules" have to limit maps (like redeemerpushing etc.) then those maps are not worth playing...

MrFawn

Jan 25, 2000
Norway
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by @kuma
exactly david, you were out of order - this isnt a forum where you criticise a map because it doesnt measure up to your personal standards. No offence but I dont think you know 1/2 of what you think you do if you didnt find this map refreshing and enjoyable.

Or maybe you feel threatened by it? you too fawn, I know you think yourself something of a mapper but I've not seen anything approaching this from you. Maybe one day, when you've grown up.

watch your mouth or else David and I will come over to you and do a lot of horrible stuffs

AlexanderII

Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
Hourences
its not the point what a redeemer can do, but its not hardcore, and your described flaagshooting thing is very lame, you have obisvioully no idea what hardcore is, and fair game and stuff, so dont call your map hardcore if its totaly the other thing
All right, Hourences, using my powers of the author, I hereby grant you the exclusive privelege to call the map DM-CloudWarDemo a "not hardcore map".
Are you finally satisfied now?

Regards,

AlexanderII

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
no mather how well the map is, you can always lame lehmi :)

yes well its stupid too argu on like this, cause we said kinda everything so lets make peace indeed :) , and i can understeand your opinion, its pure hardcore if you look it from a differnt direction, openens new ways indeed, cant be leeter, its almost a shame there arent more biorifles and rippers, cause that really would be ubercool.....

AlexanderII

Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
l3hmi
If you don't like CTF-Faces so much why don't you start your own thread called "I don't like CTF-Faces" or something?
And what is your favorite map after all?

MrFawn
watch your mouth or else David and I will come over to you and do a lot of horrible stuffs
Your threats actually give away the fact that you are scared. Why can't we all live in peace?

Regards,

AlexanderII

l3hmi

Jul 3, 2001
germany
www.planetunreal.com
my favorite map is CTF-orbital... it requires a lot of teamplay and is well balanced in the gamestyle (with redeemer off)

i also enjoy playing Terra because the floorplan is something new and it plays very nice...

although i don't play on public servers... i'm talking about clanwars...

and btw. i didn't say that i dislike face... i said its ****!