Computer Problems/Upgrades/Info

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Have not heard of any shortcut keys /combos that would shut down PC. I know in Guild Wars while holding down certain combo's for awhile it would switch me to desktop with the Combo Key window pop-up.

Look in the Ease of Access Center, Make the keyboard easier to use.

The Sticky Keys use to always screw with me.

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
I turned off the sticky keys, and still managed to get it to reset. The important thing here is: I did it from the desktop several times. It's possible it could have something to do with the 7-button mouse. I had to assign some keyboard keys to a couple of them, so I'll double check the key bindings.

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
I was thinking maybe one of the key bindings on the mouse, coupled with a couple of keyboard keys somehow mimicked hitting ctrl-alt-delete twice. I turned off all sticky and toggle keys options. Maybe that did the trick.

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
So, among my Cyber Monday browsing time, I came across the Logitech G110 for $39.99. I decided that would be a good time to retire my generic Microsoft PS/2 keyboard (since most motherboards don't even come with PS/2 ports anymore :p). I haven't had the opportunity to play any games with it yet, however, it feels really nice, quiet, and the blue back lighting matches nicely :p

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Now update your Mouse and your set.. j/k
I upgraded my Graphic Card. I purchased the EVGA 560TI for a nice price from NewEgg and it was at my door the next day. It's running quieter then the 285 and no issues with anything. :)

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
So, among my Cyber Monday browsing time, I came across the Logitech G110 for $39.99. I decided that would be a good time to retire my generic Microsoft PS/2 keyboard (since most motherboards don't even come with PS/2 ports anymore :p). I haven't had the opportunity to play any games with it yet, however, it feels really nice, quiet, and the blue back lighting matches nicely :p

Good luck with playing games. I almost bought the Logitech G510 gaming keyboard back after I built my new comp, until I found out something disturbing: arrow keys are "railed" with the right side of the keyboard, so you can run into key ghosting problems. Hopefully this is not the case with the 110.

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
First post from the fresh build. My motherboard doesn't have any SATA 3.0 ports, but this thing is still wicked fast. It'll probably be a little while before I have my games up and running.

Running a Samsung 830 64GB as my boot drive, and a 1.5 TB WD Black for my data. Once I have everything transferred over, I'm going to use my old 250 GB as my backup.

Will keep you posted!

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
Well, looks like i'll be out for a couple of days. Comp is booting but freezes during disk check or I get a black screen after the windows screen. Gonna try and reinstall windows tonite. If that doesn't work, I guess a new boot drive will be in order.