Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
The slagga is nice! No damage penalties in TVHM. It gives you the advertised damage regardless of the enemies armor or shield status. Not affective against slagged enemies though. Good thing their aren't many out there!

I picked up my second Hydra shotgun today. I really like it but I'm having a hard time finding out when a perfect time to use it is. It gives me 1-2 shots max then a reload. It really packs a punch and gives a wide spread. I suppose I could try it on Terra. I think I would have to get really close to be effective.

I'm still trying to get a Good Interfacer. Its almost like the Critical Interfacer of the shock flavor doesn't exist. Farming the seraph shop isn't too difficult thankfully :)

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Spoke too soon!

I just got my Critical Interfacer. The INterfacer is nice for ordinary enemies but it isn't effective against bosses so far. Fibbers or the Double Unkept Harold are more effective per shot.

Double Unkept Harolds are by far my favorite weapon.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Criticals are nice but the Practicable are even better. They're always x9 and tend to have extremely fast fire rates. My Practicable Shock does 6085x9 with a 4.2 fire rate.

I didn't make this but it's still fun to watch:

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H70oAR8SgE&hd=1[/m]

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Bonus.
Slagga is handy, can be horribly inaccurate, but being able to fire 3 shots for the price of 1 ammo is very nice. One thing I'd like to know tho is whether the ~20-25% chance to slag is per bullet or per shot. If per bullet, that actually means up to ~75% chance to slag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H70oAR8SgE&hd=1
Interesting, just noticed the mission listed in the vid, "Faster than the speed of love" is from Family Guy

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Criticals are nice but the Practicable are even better. They're always x9 and tend to have extremely fast fire rates. My Practicable Shock does 6085x9 with a 4.2 fire rate.

Dat Death Mark bonus...

Bort

nou
May 7, 2003
Mexico
www.mexfrag.net

Fuck Terra, I can do the same with my Sand Hawk :mad:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
We'll get news with the next patch, probably. Which, I'm guessing, should be out within a couple of weeks. There were about two months between each previous DLC.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Dear Gearbox,

if you don't want to fix the Evil Smasher exploit to give people an option for quickly raiding your horrible raid bosses with the horrible drop rates, than I can understand that, though I'd prefer if you would just fix the horrible parts instead.

But if you want to leave it in then at least disable it for games with more than one player. People want to quickly raid Pete 500 times per hour? Let them do it if they are solo. But fucking do something against players joining games where people do missions, start smashing and all of a sudden everyone else on the team is completely useless in comparison. I've had so many games like that in the last few days it's completely killing the fun.

Thanks for your attention
Hadmar

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
What the fuck. In the Arid Nexus Boneyard, just before you tool off into the A.N. Badlands for the InfoStockade there's a chest stashed in the sewers and it appears Gearbox ninja changed it from the red style(loot heavy) to a basic white chest

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
What the fuck. In the Arid Nexus Boneyard, just before you tool off into the A.N. Badlands for the InfoStockade there's a chest stashed in the sewers and it appears Gearbox ninja changed it from the red style(loot heavy) to a basic white chest

ah, people probably used the level exit to do endless runs on the chest.
When you go through a level exit the exit counts as save-point. What they do is go through door, exit game, enter game open chest, go through door, save and exit. rinse and repeat. Alot of people on gamefaqs did that with the chest behind the super badass constructor and before the warriors lair.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
ah, people probably used the level exit to do endless runs on the chest.
When you go through a level exit the exit counts as save-point. What they do is go through door, exit game, enter game open chest, go through door, save and exit. rinse and repeat. Alot of people on gamefaqs did that with the chest behind the super badass constructor and before the warriors lair.
GBX is fighting a losing battle if that is the case. People are force closing their game when they get mission rewards they don't like and that is the least of the problems.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I stopped playing the game a few weeks back.. but will resume when a new DLC or level cap comes.

I think its great that Gearbox lets people play the game however they want. You want to cheat or exploit, you can! Nobody is forcing you to play the game any other way that how you want to. This isn't a competitive game, its completely coop. Play the game anyway that makes you have the most fun. Do it!!

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Out of gits and shiggles I opted to see how the game would react if every skill was filled
So far only fought raid bosses with Gaige and while DT looks ridiculous, it/Gaige don't really feel insanely OP/broken/etc

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I stopped playing the game a few weeks back.. but will resume when a new DLC or level cap comes.

I think its great that Gearbox lets people play the game however they want. You want to cheat or exploit, you can! Nobody is forcing you to play the game any other way that how you want to. This isn't a competitive game, its completely coop. Play the game anyway that makes you have the most fun. Do it!!

Really? Have you not read the previous posts in this thread. If that was the case then Gearbox would have left The Bee alone. If that was the case, then that chest Kyllian spoke of wouldn't have been changed.

Unless your post is just one big sarcastic fuck you to Gearbox then by all means keep going :)

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole

I don't give a shit if people...

Force quit their game because they don't like the quest reward (Apart from the fact that it's silly. There's a much better way to achieve basically the same thing.)

Dupe items, hell, I've done it for random strangers basically every time someone asked me.

Use save game editors to cramp their chars full of legendaries.

Use memory editors to aquire unlimted ammo, super jump, warp speed, whatever, when playing solo. I'm a bit annoyed when I join a game where the host uses that though because I had no choice beforehand. But seeing that Gearbox are idiots because they have no way to let the host inform players about what to expect in the game (in the glory days of past, games had a text field for server name that could be used for things like "doing raids only", "questing like a motherquester" or "eff yeah, we can jump up to spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace") I'm not realy holding it against the host.

See how much I don't give a shit about people cheating? Why is what you wrote still wrong? Because that cooperative game turns into a one man show when people use the smasher exploit in multiplayer. That's when cooperative goes the way of the dodo. Why would I even bother firing at anything if the damage I inflict has no consequence for the outcome whatsoever? It makes the game boring as hell.

In fact you can argue it turns into a competitive game along the lines of "I need about 10 seconds to kill an enemy. Can I manage to get more than 1% of the kills if the smashing fucker only needs to hit a single time to kill the same enemy?".

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Been hopping into random games lately and it's getting annoying seeing "Talon of God" listed and end up being on the other side of Pandora
It would be nice if know if some random is going after a raid boss.