Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Note I did say "most" as there are some good ones

Interfacer: Eh, yes on the high damage, but the slow projectiles and how it operates annoys me
HawkEye: Indeed very good, if you can land on the crit spot. Been running Gaige and Salvador lately. Gaige is terrible for sniper rifles and Sal is better geared for pistols. For the most part I prefer a Vladof-barreled purple Jakobs
MeteorShower: I'll agree it's nasty, but I'd rather have a Quasar
Crossfire: High-bullet version of Bonny and I kinda like Bonny better
O-Neg: No arguements
Hoplite: Not a fan of the slower movement speed, but I suppose the multi-user buffing could be handy for something like Gee
Evolution: No arguement either
BigBoomBlaster: Don't use RLs that much and never really had an issue with finding nades, but I can see the usefulness
Lead Storm: Didn't care much for it

Then there's Actualizer, Ahab, Devastator, Patriot, Retcher, Seraphim, Tattler, Might of the Seraphs, Pun-Chee, Sponge and Infection
Actualizer: Didn't like how the accuracy was gimped in exchange for damage
Ahab: Not bad, needs Maliwan parts to be able to hit anything beyond 30ft
Devastator: Gimme a DP Harold
Patriot: Just about useless beyond close range
Retcher: Meh, would rather have a regular Splatgun
Seraphim: Not bad, but ARs are kinda "bleh" in BL2 unless you run Axton
Tattler: Meh
Might of the Seraphs: Don't run melee builds, so don't need
Pun-Chee: See Might of the Seraphs
Sponge: Haven't run one, but if I'm aiming for absorption, gimme a Sham
Infection: I rarely rely on DoT, especially since Corrosive isn't needed as much as Incen/Shock

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Fuck this is awesome.

Among the level cap increase and various other changes coming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013 is a new playthrough -- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode -- built for challenging high-level play.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode differs quite a bit from Normal Mode and True Vault Hunter Mode -- here's a quick rundown of the major changes:

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Details

- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
- Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
- No more tutorial missions -- characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the "Cleaning Up the Berg" mission.
- While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player's current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.
- Gameplay changes in UVHM:
- Enemy health generally increased 4x.
- Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
- Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
- Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.​
Check back Monday for details on the various bug fixes in Tuesday's update, and don't forget there's more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May with the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June!

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
UVHM looks really great. Although, did you ever fight Slagzilla after the last Borderlands patch? He was nigh impossible to defeat.... lol

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Making them meat shields is not my idea of fun. Couldn't they have found a better way to make it harder? They have 4x health and you still die in 2 seconds.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Don't forget weapon swap speed will be boosted and Slag goes from 2x damage to 3x
At the same time, my Sal is specced for shitloads of Zerking time and I run Incenfinity + Slag Rubi

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
So the big burning question that I have and will probably make me hate on Gearbox even more. Was the XP earned before the level cap increase retroactive? I found myself with a couple dozen quests left in the main story line after reaching level 50 and didn't touch them for fear that it would be wasted.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Whether they are or are not is honestly irrelevant. You can do any quest in Ultimate any number of times once you have reached it in the story in UVH. You'll get more for the quests in UVH too, as they are higher level.

I'm around 1/3rd of the way through the story, and I've only made it to level 52. You're going to have to play through the majority of the game more than once to reach 61.

On the plus side, I'm powering through it. The enemies have not been troublesome at all as they seem to not be as strong as initial reports indicated they would be. I'm generally still one-shot killing most enemies with my Commando. On the down side, it appears all the new loot is only obtained from loot midgets - so you couldn't even farm it if you wanted to. I've encountered three so far and none have dropped any Pearlescent gear. I got a level 48 orange pistol, a level 52 e-tech relic and one of them dropped nothing at all (not even white).

Blarg.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
My level 50 Interfacer and DPUH are both still making gibs out of level 52-53 enemies when they're slagged. It takes a bit longer on non-slagged enemies but they still die pretty quickly.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Took the level rise as opportunity to reskill and and rebuild my Zerker. Finally got rid of my Slow Hands because they don't work at all with Money Shot. And I finally found a way to survive longer than 5 seconds. A Slag Rubi in the left hand. Since it turns all damage I deal into health regen, the weapon in the right hand also generates health and I have a permanent slag source, too. And since I have more than one they now have a permanent space in weapon slot 2 and 4. I might have to reconsider that because of ammo consumption once I level high enough to add NKLOK and I try to equip my old fave again: Lady Fist. I have no idea why no one seems to use them (seriously, I never saw them on anyone online), they have crazy potential.

I have no ideas how I'm going to survive with my other chars. I guess I'll get to that when the time is right.

PS.
Fun: Electro Gaige with a Black Hole + Slag Rubi. The nova pretty much insta-refills your health.

Last edited:

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Eh, Hyperion weapons are horrible when gunzerking since they kick like a mule for the first few shots. About the only Hyperion weapons I'll consider for Sal are the special ones that snug up within the first few shots(ex: Bitch)

But yea, Rubi's are epic to have for zerking. I have one each of slag/shock/corro/incen, tho I usually have only the slag/shock ones equipped to slot 2/4

For Gaige, some have been talking of building to Interspersed Outburst and pairing it with Technophile or Slayer of Terra
Get IO up to at least 10/5, let it build to 5 stacks and it's pretty much guaranteed to slag on first shot

Last edited:

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Supposedly you can exploit the hell out of the Doctor's Orders mission for easy loot midgets
Keep the mission unfinished, go to the Preserve and head to the room with the 4 boxes just before the room you enter to find Bloodwing's feather
Some say with that each box is guaranteed to have a loot midget