Best Comments Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quillion

Q-Basics
Jun 4, 2004
Comment from HellsCrag2002
DM-DarkZone....

Redfist, you'll notice that where I participated in discussions where I felt you were out of line, but without knowing a great deal about the map in question, I avoided leaving a numerical rating at all, which is what I am doing now. I do vaguely remember playing this version, but it was long ago; it's an old map and obviously doesn't deserve much of a score by today's standards.

But regarding your ratings, they simply don't make sense. You give 0s or 0.5s to maps that attempt an original interpretation of an old map; and you give 0s and 0.5s to maps that try to look like the original but don't entirely succeed... except in the case where a map is a near carbon copy with all the original textures and lighting and no changes at all, you give 9s, 9.5s, 10s...

It's YOU who neglects the midrange. On other maps, such as DM-1on1-Q1DM4, I see a great variety of scores across the spectrum from posters who have put some thought into the matter. The maps that have been getting 0s and 0.5s are those that fail to innovate, such as yours, or the ones that you have given inappropriate über-scores to - and that's not because everybody here "doesn't know squat". It's because most people here, as a matter of OPINION (and who happen to be in the majority), prefer maps that are original, whether they be "conversions" that have been taken in a totally NEW direction or, better still, a completely NEW layout that has required real creativity and imagination.

This is where the arrogance comes in. You don't respect others' OPINIONS. Instead, you present your views as FACT, and openly decry anybody who disagrees with you as being "stupid" or "not knowing squat", even if they are in a vast majority against you (and maybe ghostwheel), which surely must tell you something?

Respect others' opinions and maybe others will respect yours. Rather than saying "you don't know squat", try saying "I don't agree" but don't write off what others say - and if they stand in a vast majority, maybe you should consider the possibility that your view is not the only valid one.

I don't like to see people flamed. I try to avoid personal insults and swears in my posts for that reason. However, your conduct has been sufficiently haughty and high-handed (despite general poor punctuation and butchering of the English language when you are at your most irate), that it's hard to feel that you don't deserve some of the flak you have been copping, and it's no wonder some of the users here have turned against you.

Maybe in future you should avoid bumping ancient conversions on the comments list just so that you can tell everybody else how ignorant they are.

------------------
All i can say is RedFist was Owned!!

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
All I will say is I'm glad you guys had so much fun at the expense of humiliating others.

Bottom line ,these folks here shows how nalicity has represented itself to me.before I ever seen any of this forum tripe.

Wish I knew this was all going on behind my back,but your all so fricking dense,you will never understand anything.

I could go through and disclaim all your mockery on each post,but whats the point,other than all this has proved my correct sumation of why this site is the way it is. beyondunreal allright .......................................................................

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Hmm,they make sure to try and cover thier arse

Bot40
map; ctf-aedes
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7321

"Note, if you have performance problems (hopefully not!), then you can set your world detail down to low and it should cut out around 30-40,000 triangles."
yaya runs slow ay?!

"btw, pffft about the description. I only made some random **** up in 20 seconds becuase I only had 10 mins before the phase 3 deadline closed :p"
yaya probably cause map didn't work ,had to fixx it 5000 times,didn't leave much time,(poor excuse)

Bot40
map;ons-draor
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7109

"I've got to practice with making my own meshes and stuff. Also have pretty limited time to make the map" (in map description)
hmm no time again?

"onslaught map with no vehicles"." Was a bit of a rushjob in places so it's obviously not my best work by a long shot."
well what is your best work?

"Anyways, be warned, this map has no vehicles so don't go downloading and then rating 1/10 if all you want to do is sit in a leviathan all day getting holy chits :p"
Lame,he probably didn't have enough time to learn how to add vehicles.

Bot40
map: dm-deck40
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=6805

"There are parts which I'm not happy with because in the end, I decided to just rush-off the bits that I hadn't done "
We know,LoL

Bot40
map;CTF-Wether
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=6133

"Well the skybox is just the textures that epic made. It's not my fault if epic are too lazy to make their textures line up properly with each other at the edges :p"
yaya allways some excuse, "epics fault" haha

Bot40
map;cathedral
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=6132

"Was never intended to be a playable map. I was only originally making it for my own satisfaction but some people wanted to see it."
Ok wha ever you say,thats ashame,it looked ok.

Bot40
map;ctf-superstyler
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=6001

"erm, this map took me a day to make, and I only made it to be played on the lan @ school so there's not much effort gone into it I'm affraid. I can make way better stuff than this o_O"
ya right,more lameness

now another awsome comment
Shadowlurker
Cursed Soul
Nachimir
map;DOM-Aura
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7378

Cursedsoul said "lol, i made this some time ago,
it has its problems yup."
lolol funny,and it took 3 authors to make this map.

And I could go on and on,you all think it's so funny to quote me,(accept quillion)but these pro mappers certainly shouldn't be disclaiming the map before we download it.
the sun was in my eyes,the sun was in my eyes.
Like right.
now these comments are priceless

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
So what,first map? just more excuses is all.specialy getting a review? by Frieza

ChromeBallz
map;dm-arena42
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7399

"I'll be blunt, i'm new at editing... this is the very first level i ever made."
I suppose.........you sure? just another disclaimer,excuse

And another pro,with only one map posted

Frieza
map;DM-Profaction
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=6390

"I did the dark intentionally, and the Profaction thing was a typing mistake :D, so it is actually Profacation."
details details.if you couldn't jump up above and get up on top too.
But what do i know.right?

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Hourences said:
They are not priceless, I cant find the humor in them, care to enlighten me?
They are not pro mappers.

I thought you were improving.
I appeared to be wrong.
I certaintly wont make the same mistake twice.

Why whats the matter?you seem to not be bothered about it when there doing the same thing,
makes ya mad doesn't it
let them read it,you guys were in here talking about me even worse
much worse.

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Hourences said:
They are not priceless, I cant find the humor in them, care to enlighten me?
They are not pro mappers.

I thought you were improving.
I appeared to be wrong.
I certaintly wont make the same mistake twice.

it's just as funny as the all the "red fist" included in there comments,on 3 threads here along with all the other poor souls you guys seem to mock.so I compiled this,because it is funny,now what a revenge thing on your part?

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
OMG LAFFO! THAT'S FUNNY SH!T

Ouch, that stuff was strong. Anyway

I can't seem to find out what's funny about Bot 40 saying that map isn't his best work. Or that his map doesn't include a leviathan, and even if that post would've been written by Bot 40 and the qoutes would be made by you, it still wouldn't be funny.
Even Bob Saget's one liners are better than this.

Ow, and please stop judging people on their map count. Seriously, you are only making a huge arse out of yourself, I mean, an even huger arse. Like HUGE, totally. Many first maps are better than your best.

And to finish it all off. You're doomed here on NC. Quite frankly, nobody will take you seriously here. When you post maps, you'll only get 0's, when you post on the BuF, you'll only get flamed. Intersesting though, as much as you claim to hate it, and keep saying what an idiots we all are, you keep returning here, you cannot kep yourself from posting once again, when you know, you'll only get yelled at.

Get a new nickname, adjust yourself to your environment. The name Red_Fist will never gain any respect on these sites or forums.

EDIT: Ow, and thanks for spoiling yet another good thread. Gives me less posts to laugh about.

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
[CON]Ronin said:
OMG LAFFO! THAT'S FUNNY SH!T

Ouch, that stuff was strong. Anyway

I can't seem to find out what's funny about Bot 40 saying that map isn't his best work. Or that his map doesn't include a leviathan, and even if that post would've been written by Bot 40 and the qoutes would be made by you, it still wouldn't be funny.
Even Bob Saget's one liners are better than this.

Ow, and please stop judging people on their map count. Seriously, you are only making a huge arse out of yourself, I mean, an even huger arse. Like HUGE, totally. Many first maps are better than your best.

And to finish it all off. You're doomed here on NC. Quite frankly, nobody will take you seriously here. When you post maps, you'll only get 0's, when you post on the BuF, you'll only get flamed. Intersesting though, as much as you claim to hate it, and keep saying what an idiots we all are, you keep returning here, you cannot kep yourself from posting once again, when you know, you'll only get yelled at.

Get a new nickname, adjust yourself to your environment. The name Red_Fist will never gain any respect on these sites or forums.

EDIT: Ow, and thanks for spoiling yet another good thread. Gives me less posts to laugh about.

well well well,you,I did not start the original prob as you stated elseware,and now you still persist to act as if (as ghost would put it)
"all that and a bag of chips"
and I allready know you won't see the humor in it,why is that?

Plus think about it,all but one map,he says i didnt have enough time,thats funny,don't ya think?

Also,be interesting to see how you big boys react,allready I'm wrong twice
is it because the humor is driected at you?
kinda of an interesting observation.

USA..."Red_Fist" this is last comment from me.......now be good sports.

Last edited:

[RAGE]Ghostwheel

Aug 20, 2004
So true Red, Like any child they can dish it out but just cant seem to take it, and I do find it funny as hell that they would make excuses for their maps in the description, this tells me they already knew they SUCKED before uploading them, funny stuff.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
[RAGE]Ghostwheel said:
So true Red, Like any child they can dish it out but just cant seem to take it, and I do find it funny as hell that they would make excuses for their maps in the description, this tells me they already knew they SUCKED before uploading them, funny stuff.

No,ghost,the reason they do that,is if they get a poor comment on there maps,THEY don't agree with,they have a way to come back at the commentee as if they don't know don't know what there talking about.just affraid possibly,they can't take the heat,cause it's all gone to there heads.

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
Theres a huge difference between what you say
ie. "I THINK THIS MAP IS A 7 IN MY UNBAIS OPINON!!!!1111oneoneone" or "OKOKCOSI MADE SOME AND HELPED I WILL LOWER RATING"
and
"I didn't have much time so some areas are rushed"
and
"this is not my best work"

Bot's comments are not excuses, they are statements. Have you even played any of his maps? I saw you make a revenge post on Cathedral saying it was not a real map and it sucked, when Bot clearly stated it was just a flyby. And you say "we can see that" about Deck 40 which is possibly one of the best custom UT maps made.
Where is the logic in that?
You guys just can't accept the fact that you two are the only ones around who think they is something wrong. Oh, wait, everyone else does. But they think the prioblem is you two.
You see, everything you claim is wrong with NC actually stems from you.
"OH MY GOD THEY ARE SAYING MY MAP SUCKS"
possibly because you said their map sucks?
"WTF THEY DELETED MY POSTS!!!111"
No, you removed them yourself.
"FHAFAISFNHI WHAT YOU FLAMED ME!"
Oh, and you edited the flames from your comment.

No one perfect. We don't claim to be prefessionals (well, Hourences IS a professional) so you can stop calling us that now thank you very much.

once again, why is saying that your own map has problems lame?
You, redfist, are the pretentious one around here, claiming to have great, unqiue maps with... what... JUMPADS? wow, thats new. And warp tunnels? how unique.
or.... not.

Get off of your soapboxs and take a look around. You two just don't seem to get it, do you?

Frieza

Sep 15, 2002
Holland
Visit site
ReD_Fist said:
And another pro,with only one map posted

Frieza
map;DM-Profaction
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=6390

"I did the dark intentionally, and the Profaction thing was a typing mistake :D, so it is actually Profacation."
details details.if you couldn't jump up above and get up on top too.
But what do i know.right?

Well shiver me timbers you are totally correct!
Profacation is the most lamest map I ever made. I was too lazy to detail the dark corners so I left em dark and I was too lazy aswell to check whether you could get on top of the level.

Neway, whats the problem with only having one map posted? It's about quality not quantity. You can have a zillion maps posted that suck total dogcrap, like Cobra. Or you could have one good map posted like Xeptizz for example. I know what Id prefer. Anyway, you can expect a new map from me in a couple of days anyway (And no I didnt make it because you whined about it)

Status
Not open for further replies.