UT3 Assault

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
http://utassault.net/servers/bookings/mapreport.php

some quote of a forum i am making commercial for this mod :

"Hey. If you really want to convince ppl in this community I would recommend remaking AS-Ballistic. There isn't really much need for launching on that map and it is one of the mostt-liked AS maps.

Just my opinion, feel free to ignore it, it's just that Guardia and Hi-Speed aren't chosen that much if people can vote."

totally agree on this :)

Sos_your_face

how you become manta?
Dec 8, 2008
S. Florida
www.clan-bge.com
I began work on AS-Convoy from 2004. However, my lack of interest in UT3 prevents me from completing it. I have uploaded my work so far so if anyone wants to take it from here, be my guest.

http://www.filefront.com/14618845/AS-Convoy_Alpha02.ut3

I've imported most meshes and textures. Most meshes have been placed in the proper location. The converter program brought over the nav points and lights.

I did not import the wheel meshes. I thought that would be easy to replace with something a little higher poly from UT3.

Any mesh that has two material slots didn't convert properly. They only have one material slot now. So, they won't texture properly. I'm sure it's an easy fix in 3DS Max, but I don't have the program and Blender pisses me off. So, that will need fixing or reimporting.

Collision didn't export. That will need to be done. 2k4 was sufficiently low poly you could probably get away with per poly collision for many models.

GL and HF!

kerosene413

Oct 3, 2009
C'mon why doesn't someone setup a server for Assault. there is a server I've found using skUT3 but I've never found anyone else in it. Also, Ive been trying to setup a basic assault level and couldn't get it to work. If someone could make 4 small simple box levels only to show how th ekismet is edited.. then I could learn how it works.

C'mon why doesn't someone setup a server for Assault. there is a server I've found using skUT3 but I've never found anyone else in it.
Setup a server with assault isn't easy. The mod has not been tested on server mode yet, then the public game servers don't want to install this beta mod. The only way to create an assault server is using a dedicated server (very expensive).
Both PrototypeNr1's clan and my clan are tryng to get it. Please be patient. If you can set up your own assault server, plese tell us.

Also, Ive been trying to setup a basic assault level and couldn't get it to work. If someone could make 4 small simple box levels only to show how th ekismet is edited.. then I could learn how it works.
As you can see on the first post of this thread and throughout it, Cowlike, the mod maker, made two simple maps to test the assault mod and to show how the kismet works, and made a HowTo manual too.

And I've converted tree UT99 maps which are on beta test. You can download and test it if you want. There are the maps:
- AS-UT99_Guardia
- AS-UT99_Frigate
- AS-UT99_HiSpeed

Last edited:

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
Both PrototypeNr1's clan and my clan are tryng to get it. Please be patient. If you can set up your own assault server, plese tell us.

yeah it'sa pain getting it to work. i hope we can soon find a way and play some maps :/

the plan is getting a squad of 10 member, who fight 5on5 and private beta test the map online. The 10 players aren't the prob. We just need maybe 2 more maps and get the server to work.

Hi Cowlike

I see the Light!!!
About the bug with TakeDamage Event -> CauseDamage Action -> Fort and the use of FlackCannon, remember? destroy a tank in 2 hits? OK. There are two problems:
- Lower and firsts hits don't transfer to fort (for example with enforcer 20 damage per hit)
- The event transfers too much damage to fort (can destroy a tank in 2 hits)

I see that thing: in the event, the property DamageThreshold hold the damage and only activate Out when the holded damage is higher than that value (first problem) AND the event holds all the damage it receive, then if you set MaxTriggerCount to 0 the event will be activate many times with higher values every time. Then it happens that:
You take the enforcer and shoot: 20 damage per hit. But the damage transfered to fort is this: 0, 0, 0, 0, 100, 120, 140, 160..... and so on.
If you set DamageThreshold to 1 then we can solve the first bug. Then the damage transfered is this: 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160.... Ths is why the flack cannon cause superdamage to forts. For my example, a fort with 800 health can be destroyed with 9 enforcer hits.

Solution? The screenshot :D
You can solve this via kismet: in that way the event take the damage and ALWAYS activathe the next action (DamageThreshold=1, MaxTriggerCount=0). Now we need the Event don't hold the damage and reset every time to 0: Mission impossible, but you can fake this: you need 3 Floats: the first is the DamageTaken, second is the LastDamageTaken, and third the substract.

Now in my example it happens that:
Hit 1: 20 - 0 = 20, hold 20.
Hit 2: 40 - 20 = 20, hold 40.
Hit 3: 60 - 40 = 20, hold 60.
Hit 4: 80 - 60 = 20, hold 80.
and so on...
Then the damage transfered to fort is the correct: 20, 20, 20, 20, 20..... and now I need 40 hits to cause 800 damage :eek: :D

And to finish, at LevelReset you must reset that error prevention: SetFloat LastDamageTaken=0 and done!!

Do you like that?? ;)
It looks some complicated, but it works!
I really love maths :lol:
Bye

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 41

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
hi!
This mode is seeking mappers, agree, but mappers want clean code: I realized that the code bug when there are two objectives to be accomplished at the same time:(. Also its impossible (at present) to launch a tuto cinematic. I may just need a little helping hand.

Some pictures of the remake of the famous map:
509a39def8d67ed2a572e9e4a0c28bee6g.jpg

(WIP, 75% done, space objective replaced by two new objectives)
I already sent mails to creator mode, but without reply I stopped my work on these maps. (I had been working on a remake of AS-fallencity and a new AS map too; I am not against doing any ut99 as remake if it sends me the converted layout)

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
idd that looks really cool.

if you need help you should contact Xumari ;)

i may install the game and mod again if needed to test out maps etc.

Xandros

Feb 14, 2010
I started mapping as well and began by merely converting VCTF-Stranded, just so I could get a taste of the mod. I managed to complete the map to a degree I'm satisfied with, even did a simplistic ending cinematic, but there seem to be inherent problems with the mod that fail to make for particularly enjoyable gameplay against bots. I did post in this topic about those problems but got completely ignored, so I deleted my posts and gave up mapping for it until such a time Cowlike shows some interest in the mod again.

That was about six or seven months ago.

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
GreatEmerald, PrototypeNr1, Creavion, thanks for your (appreciated)comments!

--Xandros: now it is me who shows the interest for this mode and for your work
if you're always need help to fix and finish your map. (i cannot send you a pm for the moment)
--PrototypeNr1: xumari must live in hermitage I find it difficult to contact him
--Creavion: there are 'currently' many graphic bugs as you see them more difficult on a small screenshot.:)

We are already three (active) mapper who work on remakes for this mod (I don't know why other guys take so much time to talk about their work).