UT3 Assault

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Romain

Oh yes ! The Assault mod !!! :eek:
You've done a very good work men !

I've made a .zip with the last version of the mod and the 3 maps converted by Xumari and made some pub for the mod on my blog. We will play it (we are already 5 french fans of the UT99 assault mod) this weekend.

Someone works on the AS-Overlord conversion ?

Mais c'est de la boulette ça !
T'es du genre timide ou on peut s'tarter la tronche sur HiSpeed ce weekend ? :lol:

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
GreatEmerald, PrototypeNr1, Creavion, thanks for your (appreciated)comments!

--Xandros: now it is me who shows the interest for this mode and for your work
if you're always need help to fix and finish your map. (i cannot send you a pm for the moment)
--PrototypeNr1: xumari must live in hermitage I find it difficult to contact him
--Creavion: there are 'currently' many graphic bugs as you see them more difficult on a small screenshot.:)

We are already three (active) mapper who work on remakes for this mod (I don't know why other guys take so much time to talk about their work).

i will try to contact him for you

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Someone works on the AS-Overlord conversion ?

peut s'tarter la tronche sur HiSpeed ce weekend ? :lol:
Je ne demande que ca, mais le serverbrowser ne m'a jamais affiché de serveur assault. J'ai cherché ton serveur samedi soir à deux reprises et dimanche soir (ya 5min) et je n'ai rien vu. (le mieux c'est que tu m'envois l'adresse du serveur)

PrototypeNr1 thank :tup:

My assault pack "currently" contains:
-AS-Mothership remake from ut2k4
-AS-Fallencity remake from ut2k4
-AS-Ballistic remake from ut99
-AS-******* a new map

Jtjtjtjt

hi!
This mode is seeking mappers, agree, but mappers want clean code: I realized that the code bug when there are two objectives to be accomplished at the same time:(. Also its impossible (at present) to launch a tuto cinematic. I may just need a little helping hand.

Some pictures of the remake of the famous map:
509a39def8d67ed2a572e9e4a0c28bee6g.jpg

(WIP, 75% done, space objective replaced by two new objectives)
I already sent mails to creator mode, but without reply I stopped my work on these maps. (I had been working on a remake of AS-fallencity and a new AS map too; I am not against doing any ut99 as remake if it sends me the converted layout)

Wow, looks great =) I hope that this map will been finished.:)

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
PrototypeNr1 no, but I will send you the versions for beta-test.

Jtjtjtjt you dont need hope, ill finish it.;)

I need to see clearly the situation:

Cowlike have you finish the turret for this mod? (current turret for ut3-jailbreak work very well)

TurdDrive I advance very well in the remake of ballistic,
but I can stop if your version is more complete, or if you have a real desire to publish it.

robo_spy, Bi()ha2arD what is the status of your AS-overlord remake?

I cannot arrive to teleport the full defender team when a objective is completed
(as ut2k4, normal feature of the assault), if someone have an idea?

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
All I did was a proof of concept trying to make Assault gameplay with warfare gametype. It sort of worked. I didn't do much more than recreate the BSP of overlord. The scale is probably horribly wrong and I gave up on it long ago. If you want to use the BSP feel free to do so. The map is here: http://phobos.qml.net/bio/WAR-AS-Overlord_a1.zip

I'm not really doing any mapping for ut3 anymore, so I won't be porting this map myself. Sorry guys.

robo_spy

Mar 21, 2010
Bloodking,

I have finished the map apart from the bot pathing because I'm incompetent with pathing and my attempted pathing failed. If anyone wants to take the map and fix up the pathing I will put it up for download.

NB: What I have made is not a direct remake, it is more an inspired-build, it shares some features with Overlord, but is not fully like it.

Last edited:

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Xandros yes, can you upload your AS-Stranded: I'll try to fix it.

robo_spy ok, can you send me your AS map using pm: I'll try to fix it too.

I want to create a AS map using war-hostile but i need suggestions about main objective; what do you prefer?

1-Nali objective: find, kill settlers and destroy their spaceships to send a warning message
2-human settler objective: find means to enter in Nali temple and establish first contact
3-the two: random objectives at start

AS-Hostile: with or without vehicules?

Last edited:

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
That ballistic Looks really good ;)

I would prefer None vehicel for your New Map.

If you want me to Test out some Maps i could so it foryou.

Keep up the work

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Thx PrototypeNr1

Finally ive fixed the intro cinematics, objectives in mothership and ballistic path, so this mod need only turrets and team teleport system yet.
If someone can help us... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

robo_spy

Mar 21, 2010
Look everyone, I have been a bit lazy in uploading my map but here it is finally (after 1 and a half months lol)

The main thing that needs fixing is the bot pathing, it is in a terrible state and I just dont seem to have a way with bot pathing.

Last edited:

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
ok robo_spy i had check your map so i currently fix this:
-paths (of course)
-objectives (because you dont use "enable fort")
-button near main door
-vehicules collision
-collision of walkway in base (which block bot)
After your map can be very fun but i really want to:
-replace boat by a submarine with walkway
-fix staticmesh at the end (which touch the ship)
-add some light mesh in the base
-change look of defenser start room
are you agree or not? You have perhaps better suggestions? (because is YOUR map)

PS: i can send you the beta of as-ballistic to show you how its works, if you want.

Last edited:

robo_spy

Mar 21, 2010
Yeah, basically everything you mentioned there is fine to be fixed. Some of the rooms are a little bad because I got a bit lazy and didn't put much effort in to them.

Again, thanks a lot for all the help you've been.

PrototypeNr1

Jun 19, 2009
i tested as-ballistic of BloodK1nG and have to say he did a kickass job :)

seems like you removed your attachment robo_spy ?!

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
I encounter the same problems that xumari: find someone who wants play it is easy, find someone to map/helps... Seriously other mapper than I know have stopped their work, it is very encouraging

Currently status of my assault pack:
-AS-Mothership --end cine missing --sentinel objectives don't work
-AS-Fallencity --no lighting --no end cine
-AS-Ballistic --only lights errors
-AS-******* --no end cine
-AS-Hostile --end cine --some missing anim
and AS-Fortude of robo_spy need lot of more work than the little list than ive made.
(after path fix, first objective is too easy for attacker and third too hard)

If ut3assault code (turret, sentinel and online) is updated and someone else is interrested to map, I can finish them in one week. (just send me a mail)

Xandros

Feb 14, 2010
UT3 as a whole is seriously flailing in the community department. I kept getting that forsaken duplicate login error whenever I try to play online so I've given up playing it full stop. I don't find it enjoyable these days anyway. Playing offline just winds me up with the bots being total dickfucks and I can't play online for more than ten minutes without getting cut off.

The game's a corpse. This Assault mod never had a chance, especially seeing as Cowlike the actual mod author pissed off quite early on, I mean if he'd stuck around and actually, you know, supported his own damn mod, maybe we'd have had a better standing.

I'm not playing UT3 again. No point. Can't even sell the damn thing either. It has been a complete and total waste of money. Anyway good luck all in your probable continued efforts with this mod and the game, you're going to need it.

Siberio

Jan 25, 2011
If you need another mapper and kismet maker feel free to call me :)
p.s.
first time registered here because I really love AS and wanted to do one myself (till i saw this thread xD)