And the Master Server goes down AGAIN!!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
Tapeworm said:
Yeah but, UT2k4 bashing is really really dumb.

It's even dumber when you realize that XMP (a Unreal 2 add-on) and UT2k4 are both parts of the Unreal series.

Also, if you take time to look you will realize that within the UT2k4 forum are a lot of mature people who don't resort to bashing XMP because they don't like it, they stick to playing UT2k4.

So to conclude, the UT2k4 bashing is pathetic. Grow up people.

my my problem with warfs post was his attempting to call everybody who dosnt say ut2k4 is koo/grate a fanboy

acctuly no ut and unreal1/2 are on dif planes ut was made as online only arena style game like quake3 for the dm croud unreal1/2 where made for people who want a game with a story(lets not get into if the storys are good or not,my self i like u2 story but menny dont)
uneal1 had MP build in that also included co-op mode :) unreal2 didnt have MP becouse they didnt want it cutting into ut2k3 sales and players IF xmp had been a part of u2 on relice i guarntee that u2 would have been far more popular the one thing that killed it was lack of MP support

what makes xmp suck is the lack of support and lack of a walk thru tutor for those of us that played all the way thru u2 the wepps where easy to learn only minor difs really this isnt to say i dont love xmp but xmp would be better if it had more dev time/support and a tutor
not to mention a MASTE SERVER that stayed up

killfile

theCorpseGrinder
Feb 18, 2004
true, K, true,
it's kinda like someone lit some flamebait under a barrel of monkeys, but instead of shooting into it with their own shotgun, they just armed all the monkeys.
highly entertaining, but it really won't get anyone anywhere.

the best way to support xmp is to ignore the flamebaiting, don't reduce yourself to entertaining someone who simply comes to our forums to incite grief.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
I found out what happened to the master server

I FOUND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MASTER SERVER!!!!

It's true! They were moving it after all! It just appears to be serving something other than XMP. 0_o

Kaffe-01.JPG

Atari is so cheap. They could have just gone to Walmart and bought a true coffee machine. *shakes fist*

-Myr

Last edited:

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
killfile said:
true, K, true,
it's kinda like someone lit some flamebait under a barrel of monkeys, but instead of shooting into it with their own shotgun, they just armed all the monkeys.
highly entertaining, but it really won't get anyone anywhere.

the best way to support xmp is to ignore the flamebaiting, don't reduce yourself to entertaining someone who simply comes to our forums to incite grief.

did you just call me a monkey???? :p j/k

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
Dragon_Myr said:

It's true! They were moving it after all! It just appears to be serving something other than XMP. 0_o

Kaffe-01.JPG

Atari is so cheap. They could have just gone to Walmart and bought a true coffee machine. *shakes fist*

-Myr

LOL OMFG thats ****ing funny where did u find that ROFLMFAO

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
I was looking for a pic of a comp in a garbage can just for laughs when I came across the "caffeine machine". Then I did another google image search for it and found that pic. :)

-Myr

CannonFodder

Meat Shieldage.
Mar 22, 2004
Which, I might add, begs the question: Can the water from a watercooling rig get hot enough to make coffee?

Heh.

In any case, if this downtime keeps up any longer, I'm going to return my unreal 2, damnit. I paid money to play XMP, and I'll be damned if I don't get what I paid for.

Dru998

Ra/\/Ger
Feb 1, 2004
I think these forums have turned sour. What the hell is with all the fighting? I used to like reading and posting on these forums. It was full of respectable and intelligent people. If this keeps up im out :( .

i_am_Loki

god of mischief
Feb 21, 2004
Ditto Dru.... even though i've added my share to the arguing on the forums i now vowe to stop the arguing and only post positive comments :)

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
Guys, here is the thing. You want Atari to keep XMP alive because apparently they are your bitch and must do everything you say. Well, they most likely know by now that this is pretty much XMP's official forum. When they come here and see you are as bad as the COunterstrike community, well...

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
one_gundam_war said:
Guys, here is the thing. You want Atari to keep XMP alive because apparently they are your bitch and must do everything you say. Well, they most likely know by now that this is pretty much XMP's official forum. When they come here and see you are as bad as the COunterstrike community, well...

It's been that way for a while :(

Mar 6, 2004
Dru998 said:
I think these forums have turned sour. What the hell is with all the fighting? I used to like reading and posting on these forums. It was full of respectable and intelligent people. If this keeps up im out :( .
Yeah concitering(sp) this is a small group we should behave better or we will get even smaller from people leaving cuz of the fighting and we are trying to make this a bigger community so i guess save your fighting for e-mails or PM's so we wont have to lose anyone from any of this.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
Originally Posted by one_gundam_war
Saito said:
It's been that way for a while :(

saito so if atari cuts support for ut2k4 in say 3 weeks ur not gonna be mad becouse u got what u payed for and they never said they would support it beyond putting it out

what about all the people who have and are picking up uneal2:SE and discover they got no support(and lets face it most gamers dont check online to see about support b4 they get a game)

so ur saying that them not supporting something they still sell for retail 39.99 is all good and well ??? man i would love to sell u some stuff if ur that willing to take lack of support and that undemanding your just the kinda persion that atari and other large companys love to see coming becouse if u dont get any support you are fine with that

guess ur rite those that pay 39.99(usd) shouldnt expect it to work as stated on the box(online) they should just suck it up and move on and buy u2k4 and forget they got a 40$ game that dosnt work online(main reasion to get SE) and has no support

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
as for all the comments about the community fighting or bitching, i think it only happens when the master is down.
it's like magic. master comes on and within hours, everyone gets busy playing, and only comes here to talk about good stuff when they're too exhausted to play more.
master goes down and within minutes, a thread like this starts.
All this bitching is excusable. I wouldn't blame anyone except Atari.

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Dragon_Myr said:

Kaffe-01.JPG

-Myr

Ummmm sadly that's not the master server.. That's their uber-l337 Coffee maker, it even programs in Java... If you had been paying attention when you took that picture, you would have noticed the XMP is dumped in a pile behind the desk. Also, if were paying attention, you would have noticed they use something with much less horsepower than their coffee-maker.. You damn Atari asshats!!!! (Yes, I fnally called Atari "asshats" and I feel... relieved)

Here it is!!!
atari3c.jpg

kyicoo

Mar 23, 2004
soo, this means theres going to be no master server at all? only server up that has enough people on it needs a password atm.

i_am_Loki

god of mischief
Feb 21, 2004
Hmmm im not sure Kyicoo... i haven't checked it out this morning. Hopefully sometime in the near future the maid will come by to wibe the cob webs off it and notice "that little green lite isn't on anymore" and tell someone :p and then maybe they can find a highly trained technician to push the power button back on.

[[Vash]]

.:Player:.
Feb 16, 2004
Florida
www.nobullclan.org
Yeah, and I'm sure no one wants to hear this again

i_am_Loki said:
Hopefully sometime in the near future the maid will come by to wibe the cob webs off it and notice "that little green lite isn't on anymore" and tell someone :p and then maybe they can find a highly trained technician to push the power button back on.

So true. :lol:

Also, for sh!ts and giggles, I think everyone needs to stop being so damn combative in the forums. Honestly I haven't been with the forums for long, but there is a lot of bitching [on my part as well at times]. I believe the master server issue needs to be resolved, and I hope it gets resolved asap. I didn't pay for XMP, I bought Unreal II when it came out, and like I have mentioned before in other posts I loved it. When the multiplayer part was rumored to be coming out soon, I upgraded to a cable connection and here I am now.

As far as I am concerned with UT2k4: I didn't like the gameplay, nor the @ssholes I had to deal with on there, so I won't be playing. If my version of XP actually let me run UT99, I would start back up in there.

IDK guys, I see all this bitching, name-calling and harrasment to be pointless, although, if anyone insults me I guess I would retalliate as well. ;)

I enjoy playing with everyone that I play with on XMP, and hopefully things calm down here, and all problems are resolved soon

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
PF Prophet said:
saito so if atari cuts support for ut2k4 in say 3 weeks ur not gonna be mad becouse u got what u payed for and they never said they would support it beyond putting it out

I'm not Saito, but.

Sure I'd be mad but I'd also realize that "that's business". Why would you support a game that has less than a thousand players when you can support one that has a huge fanbase? It's a matter of money, and XMP wasn't making iit for them. So, beiung the business they are, they dumped it. You don't keep on a money-losing venture, this is bad business. You have to look at this from a business point of view. XMP and Unreal 2 weren't making money (largely because Unreal 2 sucked out of the box) and so people didn't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.