1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

And the Master Server goes down AGAIN!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by PRG, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRG

PRG XMP Beta Tester

Yay!!!! I love Atari.. They take such good care of us XMP players...

On a more serious note, Topic says it all...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004
  2. Dragon_Myr

Dragon_Myr New Member

If this is true: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=130332 then I seriously bet it was in response to the very unusually high number of people playing XMP. Either Atari is trying to scare everyone away again, or they have XMP on that POS 20 year old comp you posted a pic of weeks ago. :p

-Myr

3. CannonFodder

CannonFodder Meat Shieldage.

Which makes me wonder. Isn't there a better way to tell whether or not the master server is up? I mean, doesn't someone have a utility out there that pings the server, or something?

4. Xaero

Xaero Who Dey!

of course the master server is down. :-/ What do you expect from those clowns. I dont think during the entire beta and then after the initial release when Legend was running things that the master server went down once...Atari can't seem to keep it up. Maybe they can hire someone that actually knows something about computers other than "gee, them lights look puuuuurty"

5. CannonFodder

CannonFodder Meat Shieldage.

Oy, are you kidding me? I'd run the master server for FREE, if only to keep a higher uptime than those jokers at Atari. I mean, come on, guys, you keep the TacOps server up 24/7, and that games ancient by now!

On that note, I'm going to fire it up and amuse myself with one of Atari/Infogrames's better handled projects.

6. Saito

Saito Banned

Not to poke fun or joke, but get the same thing with the 2k4 server :( but after about 5 tries I hit it fine :rolleyes: its not just xmp... something is going sour for all of us :(

7. PF Prophet

PF Prophet New Member

time for more emails telling them they are fuking them selves out of players/costmers?

8. Saito

Saito Banned

hardly I would prefer you email them and piss them off than us ;) I am sure they will fix it eventualy... and you get more bee's with honey than vinager.... if you want to email them go for it... but do so for xmp... leave us out of it.

and for the record they said our master would be down today.... don't remember the time so I chalk it up to that.

9. PRG

PRG XMP Beta Tester

Love how they bother to post that for the XMP server..

10. Saito

Saito Banned

Not to start ****, but I didn't hear jack crap about XMP going down today :eek: just the time for the 2k4 server, truth be told I intended on hopping onto xmp for some games while waiting it out... but then no sever there. :lol:

I would be upset if they hadn't warned the 2k4 crowd about it... as is XMP isn't supported and they treat it like crap so I wasn't suprised.

Honestly (and lets put all flame wars asside) you guys need into the 2k4 fold... its not to argue but alteast we get told when our crap goes down. :(

and I don't agree or like some of your community (but we all know that) but the fact that we knew it was going down, and you weren't told **** is kinda funny. I don't if they are related... but still its fishy at best.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  11. PF Prophet

PF Prophet New Member

saito most of us play xmp becouse in are oppenion 2k4 sucks yes u love it and get a hardon over it thats fine for u but we dont like it or are less intrested in it then we are in xmp

i was saying email them asking why they dont let us know whats going on u seem to be a fuktard or just really really beleve that your oppenion is the only valid one

i wasnt saying email them with flames and rudness just email them with same kinda thing i sent b4 nothing rude or attacking but just informing them that they where loosing costmers for other atari products becouse they fail/refuse to support games they sell
    even if the games arent as popular as others out they sell it they sould give it at least the basick level of suppt and let the community know whats up when ****s going down

12. Saito

Saito Banned

oddly thats what I think of you, and regardless of who is right or wrong, the true question is whose game gets more publicity

or am I right and you only want your opinion voiced... sword cuts both ways.. take the slice and stand strong.

13. Dru998

Dru998 Ra/\/Ger

Saito, if you like UT2k4 so much why are you here posting retarded comments? Whats that? Do you hear that? {Saito}........{Saito}. I think the UT2K4 bandwagon is calling. HAHA :lol: .

No seriously though, if Atari would just suck it up and start supporting XMP as if it was their own...........oh wait, it is their own !! [XMP--> :wavey:] I don't understand why Atari is treating XMP like SH**? If they supported and polished XMP they could make even more money. From what I gather alot of people that like XMP do not like UT2k4. So wouldn't it benefit them to support XMP since the people that play XMP do not play UT2k4 either way.

The only reason why Atari is treating the UT2K4 community so well is because they are competing with BF;V. IMO.

I dont even know why im posting, its 4:42 am and im really tired so my post might sound a little odd but oh well :) .

14. PF Prophet

PF Prophet New Member

saito i dont care if u state your oppenion but u alwase do it in a way thats rude or inflamitory
    telling us to suck it up is asking to be flamed/attacked/hated

like dru998 said if atari would support xmp they could make alot of $ they could sell it for anywhere between 9.99 and 19.99 and rake in the $$$sell a cd thats got just xmp and the cbm and such on it in jewl case for 9.99 and sell a version thats got more stuff with it (unreal2 maby and a visual tutor for xmp) they could make $$$ off all those old copys of unreal2 laying around in stors un bought by sending out packs for the store to attack a thin plastic folder with cd to the unreal2 box(big sticker) like a couple games i have gotten in the past with a big lable on it that advertizes xmp something like that
    it would make them $ and wouldnt take much work at all the output vs the gain would be there

oh and the full ver boxes could say XMP with eXpanded MultiPlayer under it and say it comes with a "free" version of unreal2 and demo of 2k4 even

its about how they handel them selves they must not see that they have a chance to make bank on something they alreaddy have

oh and yes ut2k4 gets and got ALOT of publicity thats why its sooooo much more popular then xmp IMHO i tell tribes players about xmp and get them to play and they are hooked in the first 15min they play like the games crack
    same with ppl i pull out of bf1942 once they learn the game they love it granted they hate it at first but can u blame them the tutor is a joke i have to walk them thruu what class dose what and how to do this that and the other thing
    once they know the basicks they cant stop playing

15. takwu

takwu cXp coder Tak®

interesting theory about selling more xmp at low cost... Sierra still sells Tribes 2 (gold edition or something?) I believe. They might not make a lot of money from it, but it's practically bonus income for them. Not to mention keeping a fanbase for a future sequel (can't wait to see it).
    But then again not all marketing plans work for all companies.

16. i_am_Loki

i_am_Loki god of mischief

Saito,
    if your still here and not "Following the crowd" playing UT2k4, We play XMP because it's BETTER than ut2k4. It doesn't matter how much Atari f*cks with us or the POS master server. Because you know what? People that Play XMP are intelligent. Unlike the mindless shoot and run style of ut2k4. We will find away around atari and when we do look out :)

17. kyicoo

kyicoo New Member

just making sure why there are no games up for XMP...
    its because the master server is down, right? just making sure since XMP is the best game going so far, and i really need to play it soon or i might do somthing stupid. please, does anyone know how long it will be intil its back up?

18. i_am_Loki

i_am_Loki god of mischief

Yes no servers are showing up for XMP right now unless you have some in your cache. There was a post around here someplace with server IP's you can manually enter.. Can someone help him out there?
    Bad news is were not sure how long it will be down. Could be a few more min. or hours or ::eek:: a day or so :( its hard to tell.. just please bare with us kyicoo

19. kyicoo

kyicoo New Member

i can just bare with it, but my little cousin was violently addictive, not sure what hes going to say when he comes home from school. still, its still worth the wait, no matter how long its off for.
    thanks for the quick reply.

20. cyb

cyb New Member

you could update your MyU2XMP.ini in the system folder with this ...

using a gamebrowser like 'The All Seeing Eye' should work too to find servers while the master server is down.

eww, sorry for this spammy post, btw :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.