And the Master Server goes down AGAIN!!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

i_am_Loki

god of mischief
Feb 21, 2004
Yellow5 said:
This thread makes baby jesus cry. Ok so it doesn't, but it makes my head hurt like a mofo.

Please... this is the second time in as many days I've had to come into this forum and ask people to calm down and stop acting like jerks.

The forum has an ignore feature, I suggest that some of you use it. :)

where and how do i put a person on ignore? i didn't know there was such a feature. but i do have to thank one_gun for the inspiration to a new pice of art. the asshat! :D

Attachments

• asshat.jpg
    asshat.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 8

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
Yellow5 said:
This thread makes baby jesus cry. Ok so it doesn't, but it makes my head hurt like a mofo.

Please... this is the second time in as many days I've had to come into this forum and ask people to calm down and stop acting like jerks.

The forum has an ignore feature, I suggest that some of you use it. :)

think things are going ok now not alot of real flaming and name calling

could be better but hey life isnt perfect unlike me:p

Coomby

._.-._.--._.-._.
Mar 9, 2004
i_am_Loki said:
prophet where is the ignore feature?

Ill answer, since I put Tapeworm on it yesterday :) Click on the persons name above the avatar> view public profile> add "whoever" to your ignore list ;)

Y

Yellow5

i_am_Loki said:
where and how do i put a person on ignore? i didn't know there was such a feature. but i do have to thank one_gun for the inspiration to a new pice of art. the asshat! :D

Click on the users name/profile and there is an option to add them to your ignore list. :)

Something to add here: Charles' Rules of Argument

It's a long read but he makes some great points about arguing.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
sorry didnt know that my ignore feture is called skip reading the post if its somebody i dont want to see

so i take it ur not puting me on ignor loki since u asked me :p

Y

Yellow5

Oh and no, you can't put an admin on ignore in case you are curious. muhahaha!

i_am_Loki

god of mischief
Feb 21, 2004
ok got it. nope i wouldn't put u on ignore.. just the people who are jerks.. like one_gun and next time i see a post from saito he gets iggy too :) this will make the forums much more enjoyable for me :)

i_am_Loki

god of mischief
Feb 21, 2004
Yellow5 said:
Oh and no, you can't put an admin on ignore in case you are curious. muhahaha!
lol i was thinkin about trying it.. but u've been nothin but help.. so i decided against it. and besides i was kinda scared of that monkey with a gun :lol:

p.s. why dont these forums have the smiley with its tongue sticking out? :p

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
:p:p:p

yeah baby :p ogw to me is funny as are most of the people who think that telling people they are asshats and such that this will convence people to be of the same oppenion as them when really all it manages to do is make people disslike them

my self i have my owen rules of argument if a acctily got emotinaly invested then i would need to take a step back and wait at least a day or 2 b4 any respoce to let myself gain prespectice on the situation

really to me things like this arnt matters of getting man/angery they are matters of backing my point/oppenion and those that agree or even those whos oppenions are contrary to mine but who state them in a mature resonable maner

loki at times i have see posts from u that made u look anoing but i dont make judgments on people like that most of the time ur koo with me even if u dont agree

as to saito well he can be a prick if he likes thats his thing i can just tell him where to stick it if needed (nicely and with plenty of ammusement i might add)

really unlike menny people out there its hard as hell to piss me off takes somebody really working at it to truly get me MAD

now as stated above i do at times get offended by HOW people state there oppenion becouse it makes it sound like if u dont agree with them your a fukin moron

and i do get anoied with those that cant attack the oppenions and statements in my posts but insted resort to attacking my grammer/spelling

that said really to me this isnt bad at all u sould see some of the flame wars at neowin when somebody talks about using windows 2003(server) as a workstation those are fun and can get QUITE intresting/hot :D and yes i do add to them at times only when people are being stupid and saying things like "you shouldnt game on a server os its not ment/designed for that" when all it takes to play games on 2k3 is to enable sound and dirrect 3d/vid acceleration
other then that 2k3 is just windows xp witn 2 years more dev time :D

give it time these "people" that come here ONLY to troll will leave once they get tired of NOBODY liking them or listening to them :D

Dru998

Ra/\/Ger
Feb 1, 2004
Nemephosis said:
Says the guy in the community of people who bash 2K4 fior no reason. Now you know what its like. I rest my case.

Huh? What does that have to so with anything I said? :confused:

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
It has to do with the attitude on these forums degenerating at an alarming rate.

The fact that if you don't claim xmp is the new sliced bread, and worship it you get flamed... and if you post a good arguement back you get flamed again with no real retort. It's like arguing with a 4 year old whose only response to facts that they don't like is to scream the same falsities louder, then put their hands over their ears and sling insults.

The fact that most of you make self countering arguments doesn't help the situation. And when you get proved wrong and that you are FOS, you spout the "this is the xmp forum don't post here", thats idiotic. It is the XMP forum, so we are all free to tell you as xmp players when you are being silly, and we are free to point out xmp's short commings... its just that you don't want to hear it.

The most ironic thing about it is that several of the people posting here getting attacked, were xmp players, and some intended on comming back. But for a game that even you admit needs people, you are doing a stellar job of driving people away.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Saito said:
It is the XMP forum, so we are all free to tell you as xmp players when you are being silly, and we are free to point out xmp's short commings...

You are also free to point out the good things about XMP and to praise the players who have skill and talent at this game. Neither I have seen yet from you.

Saito said:
But for a game that even you admit needs people, you are doing a stellar job of driving people away.

Dude, way to go you too! :tup: You're just a part of this as Prophet, Loki, me, and the others are. Don't forget that--you post here too.

-Myr

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
saito in some ways xmp is a new slice of bread becouse the way its setup

really after thinking about it xmp isnt really ctf ctf you cap flags over and over whoever gets the most or gets the limit wins no chance to get them back

xmp is more a a capture and hold mixed with tdm game then anything else

now it dose have ctf like quilitys caping arties is ctf like but agin thats a capture and hold game type not really a normal ctf

and u know IF u didnt put ur oppenions out so rudly and tell everybody to just be happy and move on then maby u wouldnt get so menny people who dont want to see u around

oh and u still didnt answer my question go back and read the posts on page 3 theres a grate question for u about support back there that i dont want to repete over and over

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
Dragon_Myr said:
You are also free to point out the good things about XMP and to praise the players who have skill and talent at this game. Neither I have seen yet from you.

Dude, way to go you too! :tup: You're just a part of this as Prophet, Loki, me, and the others are. Don't forget that--you post here too.

-Myr

good points myr he dosnt say anything helpfull or nice about anybody just negitive comments about how we all suck

yeah some times im crass and rude but most of the time i try and be as nice as i can just wanting to point out my oppenion

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
Dragon_Myr said:

-Myr

I have pointed out the good things and given respect to the good players, those that knew me when I played know that. The game is a double edged sword with allot right, and allot wrong right now. The true tradgedy is that without legend it doesn't look like things will get fixed.

As for my part in this I realize that. But with all the anti 2k4 talk around here I will stop in and defend it, just as I can still post to retort some of the asshatry going around. The difference is that I am not trying to get players into xmp, nor am I lameting the many wrongs that were done to it to kill it off for the devil that was 2k4. :rolleyes: others of you are. So my posting here is not counter productive, yours is.

I'll also drop that allot of the more talented/respectable XMP players are steering clear of these flame fests... I wonder why.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Saito said:
The difference is that I am not trying to get players into xmp, nor am I lameting the many wrongs that were done to it to kill it off for the devil that was 2k4. :rolleyes: others of you are. So my posting here is not counter productive, yours is.

Wrong. I've openly said I like UT2004, but enjoy the strategy of XMP. It all depends on my mood. There are things that make both games great and I've also said I am moving to work on vehicles and maps to add to UT2004. I am not being counter productive or trying to corner people into playing XMP. I'm am bridging between the two games and personally trying to add my own unique creative touch by developing things like maps for the community to use.

Saito said:
I'll also drop that allot of the more talented/respectable XMP players are steering clear of these flame fests... I wonder why.

And did you read flaming in my last post? Well if you did you are taking comments too personally. I pointed out facts of your existance here from what I've seen. I'm observing, not trying to force a point or put you down. As I've said before, both games are good and there's no way to elevate one above the other.

-Myr

Status
Not open for further replies.