Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
BTW Mike, depending on your skills preference, you can get a bigger skill bonus going with a blue rarity Catalyst mod, but it'll only boost 2 skills instead of 3
I think purples peg out a +5/4/4, where blues peg out a +6/5

I might just do that. Shock storm is a nice skill to have but it doesn't really say how much damage it actually does. I'll keep an look out.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
According to some twittards, TinyTina is racist because of how she talks. :|
http://kotaku.com/5981171/borderlan...-if-she-conveys-racism-as-some-players-think-

[edit]Went poking around to see if anyone knew what damage ShockStorm does and not finding much. What's weird is when I found the wikia article on InterspersedOutburst it almost sounds like you don't need to put more than a single point into it
[edit2]nvm, level of IO determines chance of causing Slag

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
That's not that odd. Seems to be who complains most of the time.

to be fair, some of the comments seem to be average tina haters who're jumping on this wagon to get the devs to nerf a game. I hate TTs dialogue but this is ridiculous, in the end its just one videogame character. I wonder if these kids know what's happening in Syria, Iran, Mali atm.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
BTW Mike, depending on your skills preference, you can get a bigger skill bonus going with a blue rarity Catalyst mod, but it'll only boost 2 skills instead of 3
I think purples peg out a +5/4/4, where blues peg out a +6/5

I took your advice and I found a Blue mod class that fit the bill. Wired Catalyst Mod Class with 40% Team Elemental Damage +6 "Wires Dont Talk", +5 "Evil Enchantress"

154% shock damage is now up to 163% with the new mod class.

Worth 3 hours of farming? ..probably not. Still, I'll take the improvement.

I finally got my Electrical Norfleet! Yes!

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Catalyst is probably the only class mod I'll even bother with, and even then just for WDT. All the rest are semi-useless to me

Here's some screwyness. Gaige's Sweetheart and Prodigy class mods boost the exact same skills. The only difference is Sweetheart boosts Team Max Health and Prodigy boosts Accuracy and ReloadSpeed(tho I hear the reload speed bit is bugged)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Killed Gee finally tonight... with cheapness. I honestly can't believe that Gearbox nerfed the Bee so bad and left these Raid Bosses alone. As JD put it, Gearbox makes us want to glitch/cheat/exploit. These fights aren't even fun to the least degree, and to make matters worse, they don't seem to even realize that with the latest DLC (Dexi is ridiculous, too).

I love the games but even Craw wasn't this ridiculous. He could be defeated by a smart group of four regardless of weapon choices and builds. Not even Terra can be defeated without speccing right, having the right team layout, having the right weapons.... or exploiting.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Yeah, all of the Mechromancer class mods leave a lot to be desired. Slayer of Terra is genuinely useless, and the Legendary one isn't great either.

Gee is by far the easiest raid boss since you never actually have to shoot him, just lure him over where you've killed worms.

If you're playing an Assassin, just kill a worm and use deception to put the hologram right on the mark. If you're using a Commando, get the nuke turret and drop that on the worm. The Mechromancer can just let Deathtrap do the whole thing for them and stay out of trouble.

An alkaline shield really helps if you're having trouble, since it massively reduces the corrosive damage from the spreading pool.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
The idea with Gee is that you kill a worm and then lure Gee over the hole in the next couple of seconds. If you do it right Gee will absorb the acid and be the only one getting damage. So if you do it perfectly you won't need that alkaline shield. However, after luring him over 10 holes I still didn't see an increase in the damage he gets. Maybe that was a bug, maybe not, but it makes the cheap option of luring him over only one hole and then hiding behind the rock at the entrance to the cave and waiting it out a lot more sane than trying to actually fight.

Just like so many things in the game seem to be a lot more sane when you don't do them the official way. Sigh.

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Yep. It's quite easy to do - the Alkaline shield only helps in that you can stand next to the worm and soak up some damage whilst Gee runs at you, but it's not strictly necessary to have.

I'm sure he took damage for a short duration when we last played; the damage was consistent over time, but the effect wore off and that's why you had to repeat the worms, and why you'd not be able to hide.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
If he actually absorbs the pool, it never wears off. It just takes 2+ hours for his health to go all the way down.

With the smasher glitch, I can kill Hyperius in under 1 second. Conversely, it takes almost a full minute to kill Gee. He has a ridiculous amount of health. So claiming he is "easy" is ridiculous. He is easy if you beat him with cheapness :p

Also, I was reading on the Gearbox forums last night marveling at all the people complaining about the smasher glitch with one breath and in the next reporting all the exploits they use for farming. In my opinion, farming the raid bosses would pretty much suck without the smasher glitch and while it may be quite a bit overpowered, the overall effect is that the raid bosses actually have some entertainment value.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Huh, forgot about Gaige's Zapper mod, tho it looks like it focuses on DoT chance/damage which won't help my build as much as actual shock damage

[Disclaimer: I'm using GearCalc to get these numbers/stats, so I have no idea if they're accurate]

Wow. Gaige's SlayerOfTerra class mod is shit.
Maya: All 5 stat boosts are Tier1 skills. Max bonus at lvl 30
Axton: All 5 stat boosts are Tier1 skills. Max bonus at lvl 30
Sal: All 5 stat boosts are Tier1 skills. Max bonus at lvl 30
Zero: Dunno about the 5th since GearCalc hasn't been updated, but I'm betting the true 5th skill boost it Tier1 since the other 4 are
Gaige: http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#505005000100504105050010411000000000
Not a single Tier1 skill, and it's impossible to max out the bonus. You can max out one of either PreshrunkCyberpunk, InterspersedOutburst, or MadeofSternerStuff, or you can spread the last 5 points across the three(2/2/1, 3/1/1, etc)

Also, Gaige's LBT tree, which gets a bulk of the skill points, is heavily geared towards Shock element, but the mod is incen based, so to maximize it in the trees, you gotta rig LBT like I did in the above link

LegendaryMechro doesn't look much better.
CooldownRate +35%
Tree that hits all the boosts: http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#050050050550500050000000400000000000 (Unstoppable/Sterner required to get 20%Cooler)

Maya
Boost to 5 Tier1 skills
Cooldown +39.5. Gun damage +29 and +45% speed during phaselock

Axton
All 6 Tier1 skills
Cooldown +39.5. Gun damage +29. FireRate +24%

Sal
Cooldown +39.5. Melee damage +31. +21% speed while gunzerking
Boost to 5 Tier1 skills

Zero
Cooldown +35, Crit damage +29, +24 reload speed, and restores 10% of health upon using Deception
Boost to 5 Tier1 skills

What the hell Gearbox, charge $10 to those that didn't preorder, then you give Gaige the short end of the stick with the supah class mods
Almost forgot that Gaige is the only character that cannot one-hit Crystalisk legs with melee, and that Gearbox still hasn't fixed that

Last edited:

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Like I said, all of Gaige's class mods leave a fair bit to be desired :/

I agree. It's the first time where I've ever felt like a legendary class mod wasn't worth my time. I'm loving my shock DPS build but I'll have to play around with her some more.

I really feel like Anarchy is one of Gaige's greatest strengths.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Hey folks. I'm looking to finally do a sweet SMG based Maya build. Its going to be focused around the 95% SMG damage Cat Mod. I've been having a hard time finding any build threads on it so I may have to start from scratch and see where it takes me.

Anyone have any ideas at this point? Sticking to a legendary mod is starting to sound pretty good, but I'd like to give the Cat mod a try. Its almost like being a zerker with an smg. :)

Last edited:

Bort

nou
May 7, 2003
Mexico
www.mexfrag.net
You can solo kill Pete as Zer0 with a Bee + Unkempt Harold + Quasar grenades using a B0re skill build.

Well, that's the way I always solo kill him and unless I mess up the nades positioning for the robots it goes down in like 1 minute. But since I can only do it one a day and it always drop shit besides the crystals I rarely do it anymore.

Lately I just farm terra for like an hour still praying to get the relic, shield or Zer0 head.

Last edited: