Borderlands [PC]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Life is cruel.

And so is Borderlands for coop. :D

First playthrough for me (siren) and my bro (soldier), cousin (hunter).. lvl1 through 17.
best smg: 26 80
best combat rifle: 67 86
best sniper: 111 95.7
best revolver: 133 90.

Yesterday, lvl17 through 28:
best smg: 68 86 12.5, mag 46 (or a 51 91 7.6, mag 28 1.4xscope with shock3 high chance)
best combat rifle: 87 76 10.3, mag 51
best sniper: 313 97
best revolver: 214 86

In other words: Don't do all-day sittings. Some gun type is always doomed to be found in suck quality during these. ;)

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Worked up to lvl 27 in 2 player co-op yesterday.

However, for some reason, most rewards for quests are shared between players (as in, both people get a new gun after one of those scavenger hunts), except for weapon slot upgrades :/

I now have 4 weapon slots, my buddy only has 2.

Of course it's pretty easy for him to just get the third one in single player, but still. Sucks:p
It depends where they are on the story in relation to you, I've found.

Ideally what you would do is have the person the furthest behind in the story start the game, but it's such a huge pain to set up a game that you kind of just have to have whoever host that you know already works.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
So I can call myself super lucky owning a lvl 14 shotgun with 107x11 dmg? 1st playthrough though and only 2 shells mag capacity.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Finished playing through the game today! What a weird ending. Anyway, we found the eridian omg gun, and it was rather ****, and then we also found an eridian sniper rifle kinda deal from the last boss.

Is hardmode worth it?

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
It isn't really hardmode as it is being able to play the game with the same character and keep getting better swag without it being boring.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I need a manual for this things i've jsut had 2 seriously frustrating experiences... i'm guessing multiplayer is less irritating.

Story 1
Ventured into the Arid hills for a Sniper assembly quest at level 11. Fought my way through the first bunch of Skags, fine, moved up to the bandit base. Killed everyone there and started to move up to the next one. Lots of guys there, i annoyingly ran out of ammo and decided to leg it back to the machines... alas everyone at the first bandit place had respawned(WTH?) so i sprinted passed, ran down the metal path past the cleared out Skag pit... where the Skags had respawned(Dammit) I get raped at the machines because despite the fact the game will pause when your changing weapons, looking at the map or anything else, shopping is not a pausable event. (Dead)

I headed back in with full supplies and health packs this time. Managed to fight through everything with ammo remaining before heading round to the main base where i somehow miraculously managed to kill everything and get the loot but barely any ammo left. :( Headed home for hand in but alas, everything has respawned again + 1badass Psycho and as he started eating me a full swarm of rakks and midgets came. (Dead)

(Story 2)
Headed back to the Arid hills to get a key to get at Sledge's base. managed all of the Safe House fine, great fun. Not sure though but do respawns happen in "dungeons" liek that too?
Anyawy headed back out and decided i mgiht go scout out Moe and Marley for another mission. Couldn't find them for ages so i just slaughtered Skags in the hope i might stumble on one or the other. Finally found them and pulled them somewhere i'd cleared out. The firey one came but no sign of the other one, all was going well, got him down to 10% health when the other one showed up, not a problem really, they both hit me hard and i had to find cover for my shield and the firey one ran away.(Damnit) I swiftly ran out of ammo and had an emmensely hard time taking the Electric one down but did it. Scooped up the loot and killed some skags for more ammo whilst hunting for the firey one to finish him off. I DO find him and he's at 100% health(FFS)

Anyway, i engaged the firey one again, managed to pummel him down to health so low that there was noyl a sliver of red on his health bar but every single gun type i was carrying was out of ammo and every cave in the place was happily churning out more and more skags.

So what the hell basically? Is singleplayer not the intended gameplay?
I cleared out the bandits from the arena near the begining and those bandits stayed dead, i assumed that's how the rest of the game was going to be and i was impressed that the pace of the missions and the storyline was equal to my characters levelling but now I can be attacking one base but if i take a step backt oo close to an older cleared out base i never know if i'm going to get flanked by more mobs. :( Really frustrating.
I also don't like the way that the bandits spawn when you go into firestone. It's like you can never go back to "base" without having to nip out quickly to shut all that gunfire up.

I'm level 14 now btw and enjoying it but really hating the respawn mechanics so far.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Co-op is nice because you can get someone like DP who is Roland with the healing ammo and you almost never die. Unless you're five feet away from him and he completely ignores you because he is mad about you finding nice weapons....

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I do wander if Hunter was the right way to go for solo, it's been fun but in a game where all you have to do is have your reticule on someone for a second and they'll suddenly turn round and start coming for you it's not a great soloer.

I like to sneak. Maybe i should try that Siren one out.
That said though most of the mobs in this game trigger more mobs to come who almost immediately know where you are so how stealthy can you be? Maybe i'll try soldier next.

(Also why can't i buy one of those Sniper mods from the shop, it looks really handy, just always says "You can't use that")

Last edited:

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Tip for solo'ing: Always keep a health-regen'ing shield in your inventory.

And Ammo/Health regen from class mods is just pure gold.
(unlike skill artifacts, you don't discard class mods when equipping a new one, so you can keep a combat mod around for battle and a regen mod around for coop/downtime)

(Warning: Commercial/boxback like description of skills to follow)

Roland's turret is nice on it's own, but with a more coop/defensive skillset, it can be awesome for keeping you and your buddies fueled on ammo/health. Shooting health, of course, is a coop goodie only.
As for Lilith: There is little sneaking in the game. Phasewalk is either used as an attack, to get from A to B, or to escape your doom. I sadly find it a bit underwhelming for the first, and immensely useful for the latter two.

Mordecai is probably the weakest solo'er, though given his sniper benefits, this isn't much of an issue unless you're cornered.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!

And Ammo/Health regen from class mods is just pure gold (unlike skill artifacts, you don't discard class mods when equipping a new one, so you can keep a combat mod around for battle and a regen mod around for coop/downtime)

yeah i don't know what i'd do without my health regen shield tbh.

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Siren definitely isn't a sneaking class. Especially at higher levels, siren is best played by being as close as possible to the enemies.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Siren definitely isn't a sneaking class. Especially at higher levels, siren is best played by being as close as possible to the enemies.

Daze attacks, insane SMG damage when sprayed in the head.
I concur.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
So where do they plan to go with this game? Is there raids in the game where you need a decent size group of every class to do their part? Is there plan for expansions?

The game sounds neat, but I live too far from everyone to play it multiplayer sadly.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland

And Ammo/Health regen from class mods is just pure gold.
(unlike skill artifacts, you don't discard class mods when equipping a new one, so you can keep a combat mod around for battle and a regen mod around for coop/downtime)

Skill artifacts are not discarded, you can switch between them if you go into your talent tree. There should be a button on the left of your action-skill which brings up a dropdown menu.

Last edited:

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Dark Pulse is an excellent driver.

Attachments

• ScreenShot00010.jpg
    ScreenShot00010.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 59