The WIP Screenshot Thread!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Soulwax

Amberlamps
Jul 8, 2009
Belgium
Is that UE2? ;O
Very nice!
---------------------
Let me start off saying this is the first map I ever worked on, besides an unfinished map for my beloved Brothers in Arms:Hell's Highway that served as my place to get used to the editor and learn the basics. I think the total amount of hours I've put into mapping is around 5-10 hours, so my knowlegde is still limited, but I'm learning ALOT every day.

It's obviously still a heavy WIP. Not even worth showing for getting feedback, cause the final version will likey have a different layout.
It will be a 4vs4 DM-TDM map

I present to you, Frostbite ;D

[SCREENSHOT]http://i25.tinypic.com/2nvy0zn.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited:

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
Screenshot tag would help. Also, it's good to have a fully playable build (via bsp) before starting on the decorating. Tweaking gameplay is easier in the bsp stage.

As for the image content, I'd have to see more. The crystals look a little too big. But besides that, keep up the work and good luck :)

Soulwax

Amberlamps
Jul 8, 2009
Belgium
Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, I've heard that before but refused to use it. Guess I was wrong ;D

I'm working on the map as we speak and the size of the chrystals have been ajusted.

You can expect more images by tuesday.

EDIT:Are images using a screeny tag showing up as a little red cross for anyone else?

Last edited:

vybz

Apr 2, 2008
[SCREENSHOT]http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o52/icapz/dm-sagan-wip2.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] wip shot of my my duel / small FFA map for UT3, HOLP style...

Chopin

Aug 23, 2005
newscreen.jpg

Got the terrain / environment / skybox pretty much done, now I just don't know what to put in it...

Last edited by a moderator:

brian edge

Apr 30, 2009
[SCREENSHOT]http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o52/icapz/dm-sagan-wip2.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] wip shot of my my duel / small FFA map for UT3, HOLP style...

Wow, that looks really nice! The HOLP maps, in my opinion, look far better than the retail maps. I love the clean and simple look. Do you have an estimated release date or is it with the new HOLP 3 maps?

Shivan Hunter

May 29, 2009
wewt. xViperAKx, you have l33t mapping sk1llz.

Absolutely love the crazy fortress thing in the middle- is the design for it all yours or did you use something for inspiration?

Atmospherics look good all around. Especially the blending from outside to that underground area (where I presume the countdown node is).

[EDIT] frack, page topper.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Heh, well, I know you meant well. Thanks for the complement. The design is all mine, I drew it up on paper after having some crazy idea about a radically strange architectural structure.

Edit: The video you saw there is a month old. Done a lot more work and cleaning up on the map in general.

Last edited:

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
Cool stuff viper. Looks like it's a bit too open though. I suppose it'll be good with vehicles though.

Also, I haven't posted in here for some time.
[SCREENSHOT]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj125/Mclogenog/Screenshot09-2.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
A week or two left on this, depending on how much school work I have. I've not started on lighting much yet, so the brown will be less brown in the future. :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Looks good so far, I like the idea of blue lights.
And that version of Nerok looks better than the previous ones.