Fallout 3 Release 28th October

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Correct.

I am to evil for him. He does not want to be my friend.

I'm super good (Purified water farming is lol)! I decided to get Charon anyway. I have loved always the ghouls, except Mister Crowley. Dogmeat is always my friend after he found the Firelance for me.
Time to check Mothership Z.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Everytime you visit Haley's Hardware his repair skill goes up by 5% so with a bit of fast-travel grinding you can get him up to 100% & repair all your unique weapons.
yeah, or you can just type "player.srm" into the console and have all of your stuff instantly repaired to 100% at any time, anywhere.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I'm super good (Purified water farming is lol)! I decided to get Charon anyway. I have loved always the ghouls, except Mister Crowley. Dogmeat is always my friend after he found the Firelance for me.
Time to check Mothership Z.

I'm a little pissed at the Ghouls. I got them into tenpenny towers and they went and ate everyone and i needed a key off of tenpenny.
Next time i play through i'm just gonna slaughter the gits!

Last edited:

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
I'm also running Nod32 and have no stuttering music. If you also had it in other games it might be a driver issue (?)

It might be an issue with Creative's vista drivers, I don't know. In any case they've been updated recently and the issue is still there, so I doubt it's a driver issue on my end. I've seen people fixing the issue by installing a third-party directshow filter, but I'm reluctant to go that route. Interestingly, I've also noticed that the volume settings in my AC3 filter directly influences the volume for the in-game music.

Anyway, I've finally made it to the Broken Steel part with my new character today. When I bought it I didn't feel like playing it with my old character and started from scratch instead. :)

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to hit the level cap way before I'm finished with all of the DLC packs. I'm level 21 now and aside from Broken Steel, I've still got the Pitt and Point Lookout to go. And Mothership Zeta, obviously, but from what I've seen it looks like a combat-focused corridor crawl, which is kinda disappointing. I'll probably end up buying it anyway, but it's likely the last thing I play of this game unless they decide to churn out some new packs.

Oh, and those new overlords... Christ. Those guys are tough. I got a nasty surprise when I met one while attempting to rescue the Big Town folks and mistook it for a regular super mutant. I think this is the first time since I first saw a deathclaw that I've been terrified of an enemy in this game.

Last edited:

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
I didn't say they were tough, but the very first encounter was kinda terrifying. I had no clue they were so fast.

I usually just hamper them with the dart gun before finishing them off.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
I'm a little pissed at the Ghouls. I got them into tenpenny towers and they wen't and ate everyone and i needed a key off of tenpenny.
Next time i play through i'm just gonna slaughter the gits!

You can get them in without killing anyone but you're right, it's easier to kill them or not take the quest in the first place.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Anyone armed with weapons is more annoying than a clueless Deathclaw (not to mention, the sentinels take out them in seconds). Dart Gun + Combat Rifle and they are already down.
I got the pyromaniac perk and the Shikshesbab is overpowered now. Lame.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
You can get them in without killing anyone but you're right, it's easier to kill them or not take the quest in the first place.

I didn't kill anyone, that's why i'm annoyed. The ghouls do it after you get them in, unless there's something i missed but the moment they moved in tenpenny was little more than a series of blood stains leading to a bath and the rest disapeared shortly after.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
I didn't kill anyone, that's why i'm annoyed. The ghouls do it after you get them in, unless there's something i missed but the moment they moved in tenpenny was little more than a series of blood stains leading to a bath and the rest disapeared shortly after.

You have to persuade certain residents to move out before the ghouls move in.
My speech isn't high enough &/or I cba to do whatever it was that would get them to leave.
iirc one of them is having an affair & if you give his wife the love-letter intended for the mistress they leave. stuff like that.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
You have to persuade certain residents to move out before the ghouls move in.
My speech isn't high enough &/or I cba to do whatever it was that would get them to leave.
iirc one of them is having an affair & if you give his wife the love-letter intended for the mistress they leave. stuff like that.

I know... i did it...
I got the ghouls moved in without killing anyone at all... what annoys me is the ghouls kill everyone anyway.

You've not done it yourself it seems but trust me it's true. :)

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I got the key by accepting persuading all the residents to live with the Ghouls then telling Tenpenny who gives you a reward and then kill him (which actually gives positive Karma) That way I got most bonuses and the key and Tenpenny's outfit which is pretty unique. This way you also still get the
Ghoul mask
from Roy.

I even tried killing all the Ghouls before I told them that they could move in, but even if you do it that way, when you go back to Tenpenny Towers the residents still say that Ghouls moved in...

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
You know, I offered a fix for it, its called a mod.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7383

Yes i saw the original post, not more than 6 posts up, thanks for reposting because i can only see 5 posts into the past in any one thread... I was talking to Kal about what's in the game, shoot me if i'm not allowed to talk about it lest i've experienced every possible mod out there.

Anyway i've not modded my game at all yet. Seems silly to make a wrong decision then mod the game to fix the decision in a roleplaying game, nothing wrong with it but for now i'm not up for that... I do like modding these games i just like to do it a bit further on when i feel i've already experienced it as it is. Also i had difficulty finding sites that provided decent reviews or previews of what any one mod actually did. I'm checking out the falloutnexus link you provided though it seems handy.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Speaking of mods... someone mentioned one that amongst other non-gameplay changing attributes reskins stuff like all the product packaging with much higher rez textures & also [iirc] beefs up the gun sounds, etc.

The link to it was dead, anyone know a live one or have it uploaded anywhere?

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Yeah I got those via a torrent file linked on the Bethesda forums iirc. Can't find that thread anymore so I'm not sure these are exactly the same as I got, but here you go:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_36866.shtml

Also, you can download different packs if your PC can't quite handle everything with higher textures, so for example you can get just the texture pack which only adds hi-res textures to weapons, or a texture pack that only adds hi-res textures to characters.

Last edited: