UE2 - UT2kX Bulldog Replacer Mutator/Vehicle.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
ok
step:
1. doawload it
2. use a programme like win zip to unpackage it
3. Put all the folders in the right places

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
Toapat put the files like this:

.utx files go into your Textures folder
.ukx files go into your Animations folder
.usx files go into your Static Mesh folder
.u .int .ucl .uc files go into System

That should be all the files in there, so go to C:\Ut2004 then pop the files into the folders.

toapat

Feb 20, 2009
Toapat put the files like this:

.utx files go into your Textures folder
.ukx files go into your Animations folder
.usx files go into your Static Mesh folder
.u .int .ucl .uc files go into System

That should be all the files in there, so go to C:\Ut2004 then pop the files into the folders.

thanks, thats what i was looking for

ok, first i say make its total health 1100, that 1024 gets a bit annoying.
second i say you should mount the secondary turret of a goliath tank in front of the hatch in the roof of the bulldog for the secondary seat.
third is make that engine as loud as possible, it sounds a bit, hmm, wimpy for this vehicle
fourth, as samk105 said, make the turret an avril, but give it to the driver

Last edited:

toapat

Feb 20, 2009
1000 then, the reason i dont like the 1024 health is that when i look at it, i think my bulldog took damage, and thats while i have no bots on the map

toapat

Feb 20, 2009
It's got 512 health. No idea where you got 1000 from, if you're working on your own project, please go ahead and start your own thread.

thats wierd, it shows up in my game with 1024

also, can you make that little cube inbetween the barrels of the turret invisible, duplicate it, figure out how to make them alternate fire, then move them into the barrels to make it look like the turret is firing

Last edited:

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Here's Beta 12

Got to figure a way to override the trails on the projectiles, but the speed/damage/homing is working now. I would prefer to have the original bulldog style rockets, but a slower version of the Levi ones does the job while I work on the final version.

With the fully working weapon, this version should technically be fully playable, so feedback on balance would be much appreciated.

It's slower at destroying nodes than the Hellbender , it's a bigger target, the driver has no weapon, and it takes more driving skill to handle, but it's a lot faster, higher armour, and turns on a sixpence.

It may seem difficult to handle at first compared to the other vehicles which all move pretty slow, but just stay light on the controls, and make liberal use of the brake/handbrake to corner without going on two wheels.

Also as a homage to the original Bulldog, it won't toss you out when you go upside down, so you'll need to get out before flipping it. :D

Again, if anyone has a copy UT2003 installed, I'll love to get hold of the original vehicle demo map. There were two versions I found online, one was heavily modified with a lot of new deco/terrain modificaion, and the other required so much custom content, it wasn't worth installing.

And please, no more mention of cubes while this is still beta, placeholder stuff is still necessary for testing code stuff. ;)

Last edited:

toapat

Feb 20, 2009
And please, no more mention of cubes while this is still beta, placeholder stuff is still necessary for testing code stuff. ;)

i asked for le cubes to be invisible, not removed
also, when i first took a good look at the bulldog, the roof hatch just screamed "Place machine gun here"

are you going to slow down the firing reload? ok, the levi rockets move too slow, i killed myself because my team mate was firing infront of me, and the bulldog drives faster then the rockets

it still shows up in my game with 1024 health, see if you can get it to 1200 health? right now i have experienced better survivability in a cicada while i have the entire enemy team firing avrils at me, and i dont have the gunner

Last edited:

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Can you post a screenshot of the 1024 thing? It works fine for me and shows 512 - I'm on the latest patch/bonus pack and don't have this issue.

What version of UT2004 do you have, and are you running other mutators ?

toapat

Feb 20, 2009
bulldog.png

i copied and pasted the mutators onto the SS over the map, otherwise i left the SS alone, and i use the current version of UT04 with cicada+paladin+hellfire+current patch, although i do not know what happened to my Vehicle CTF gametype, so i use Dawn without any bots to test it out

i should have used a smaller window size

Last edited:

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Thanks for the screenshot. hmmm, have you tried it without the 13 other mutators running?

I'd advise also to try it with bots, version 12 is pretty much a working version.

toapat

Feb 20, 2009
Thanks for the screenshot. hmmm, have you tried it without the 13 other mutators running?

I'd advise also to try it with bots, version 12 is pretty much a working version.
i did, Xan Kregor killed me (im driving) and himself that way, i complained about that on post #72

ok, whatever you did, it interfaces with superberserk for some reason doubling armor and rocket reload speed (no other vehicle does)

also, did you add a cheat to summon the bulldog?

Last edited:

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
i did, Xan Kregor killed me (im driving) and himself that way, i complained about that on post #72

ok, whatever you did, it interfaces with superberserk for some reason doubling armor and rocket reload speed (no other vehicle does)

I'll look at the Bezerk code. There's nothing special about the bulldog relating to its health so can't see an obvious reason why it'd double. Do other vehicles not double armour?

also, did you add a cheat to summon the bulldog?

Yes, on Post #22 ;)

BTW - You can summon it in any map by typing Summon BulldogJ6.ONSJ6Bulldog in the console.

toapat

Feb 20, 2009
Mate, ALL the vehicles have double health with Super Bezerk....
thats likely new with the current patch, because before i reinstalled UT04. i destinctly remember the manta having the same health as a scorpion, and every tank (campain or otherwise) had 1600 health, back when i first found the levi, it had 10k health (i hadnt yet discovered the bliss of super-berserk flak cannon, which is why i use the mutator)

Last edited: