UE2 - UT2kX Bulldog Replacer Mutator/Vehicle.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Cool - if you hold on a couple of minutes - I've re-uploaded to the same link, the last one had a reference to a source package, and would cause errors.

It'll be back at the same location in 10 minutes, if you've already downloaded!

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Latest beta (0.8) is out.

Download now : http://www.c8h10n4o2.co.uk/ut/Bulldog_beta_0_8.zip (21.5mb)

BTW - You can summon it in any map by typing Summon BulldogJ6.ONSJ6Bulldog in the console.

I've still to fix many issues, the steering needs adjustment for bots, while it's cool to be able to donut, the bots haven't quite figured out how to drive it well yet.

Also still need help with the weapon, right now I'm still having issues getting the axis facing the correct way - once this is done I'll finish all the modelling/skinning/emitter fx/sounds etc.

Some action shots in game :

Bulldog_Interior_03_by_JohnnySix.jpg

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Nice to see you got it in game and working :) I seem to recall I had similar turret related problems with my bulldog, can't remember what I did to fix it now though. Well, since I have the game installed currently I'll give this a try.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
not sure you can do this but in the vehicle script try setting the turret limitations to mabey '-1'

and i think the bulldogs turret doesnt fit the vehicle and the bulldog should have more than one seat

edit
my lights on the car did not work either

Last edited:

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Nice to see you got it in game and working :) I seem to recall I had similar turret related problems with my bulldog, can't remember what I did to fix it now though. Well, since I have the game installed currently I'll give this a try.

Someone on the Epic forum suggested turning the pivot for it 90*, but the issue is with it turning not 90 to far, but rather, turning backwards. So I turn left, it turns right, I turn right , it turns left. :D

not sure you can do this but in the vehicle script try setting the turret limitations to mabey '-1'

and i think the bulldogs turret doesnt fit the vehicle and the bulldog should have more than one seat

edit
my lights on the car did not work either

It does have two seats - but yeah - one is vacant right now, not really sure whether to hook up the turret to the passenger, and leave the driver without a weapon, or to add a second weapon (something lower powered) for the driver.

The lights on the bulldog are the same as those for the hellbender - so should work anywhere the hellbender lights work?

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Someone on the Epic forum suggested turning the pivot for it 90*, but the issue is with it turning not 90 to far, but rather, turning backwards. So I turn left, it turns right, I turn right , it turns left. :D

Yep, that's exactly what mine did. I might have a looksee in my own version and see what's what, pretty sure it's a problem with the model itself though, rather than code related. There again, it's a few years since I did anything with it so I could be entirely wrong :eek:

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
I'll try the 'creat cube, attach to cube' trick, see if that sorts it.

I was watching the scorpions web-launcher .25 gamespeed, and noticed that it does fire almost directly from the gun, along with a nicely timed muzzle flash effect - I'd love to be able to create a convincing rocket launch right from the barrel for the bulldog, maybe even having the rockets seek out separate targets once launched, or alternatively, launch in the nice spiral effect like the hand-held rocket-launcher. :)

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Hmm, cube trick didn't work - it's definitely something in the code, flipping the y-axis - without flipping the model.

I'll either need to make the texture and model mirrored before import, or code a new weapon - the weapon aim thing is up in ONSWeapon though, so I'm not sure what bit to replace to fix it, it's a massive, all encompassing super-class. :p

Lopar-XL

Currently trying to mend my mind, etc.
Jul 8, 2005
USA
profile.imageshack.us
The mutator doesn't seem to replace all of the hellbenders, at least not at the beginning and, to my perception at least, it turns a bit too tightly. Other than that, so far so good. I'm glad to see this thing in action. I've sent you some sounds for it. Check your PMs.

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Thanks so much for the sounds! :) They are great - I've stuck your name in the package and in the readme. :D

I'll have a new beta by the end of the weekend with any luck.

BTW -The mutator just works on the official maps and only replaces specific hellbenders or other vehicles.

I'll see if I can make an option to chose whether to replace certain hellbenders or a certain vehicle.

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Two weeks... :D

Been palying with using existing turrets - for some reason, they turn the right way, but my model doesn't.

Fun blowing other bulldogs away with the Goliath or SPMA cannons. :D

Bulldog_Beta_02_by_JohnnySix.jpg

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Still reckon it's a model problem. The fact the stock game turrets work fine adds weight to the theory (and I'm still pretty sure I had to tweak the turret for it to work on mine as well) :) I need to install Max again before I can look into it though, been uninstalling stuff ready to format and reinstall windows heh.

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Still reckon it's a model problem. The fact the stock game turrets work fine adds weight to the theory (and I'm still pretty sure I had to tweak the turret for it to work on mine as well) :) I need to install Max again before I can look into it though, been uninstalling stuff ready to format and reinstall windows heh.

Good luck with the re-install dude, you should get write down a list of what you've got installed - I only remember what I forgot to reinstall when the time comes to use it.

I'm thinking my problem is related to the red-text link on the UDN which points to a 'max fix' for vehicles, I believe this could be key to the riddle of the flipped Y axis.

I now just need to find and bribe someone who worked on UT2004 to send me the patch/plugin or whatever it is that does the stuff to fix it. :D

Perhaps use the movement code from the other turrets for your turret? Im no coder but could that perhaps work?

See above. :p

Quantum0700

Jan 11, 2009
Good idea for weapon...

Sorry, I have no idea how to fix the reverse rotation of the weapon :( But I DO have a good alternative projectile for the gun to fire, and anidea of an interesting altfire:

If you know about the "Arkon 2004 Weapons Mod", do you think you could incorperate aspects from the missile launcher, like a fast dumbfire missile primary fire, and a guidence laser for altfire?

I honestly have NO idea how hard this actually is, just want to contribute. Nice work so far!

By the way, please tell me it will be more controllable in the end? Also it feels a tad too fast for such a behemoth hunk of metal.

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
i think there should be an anti vehicle mine dropper for one of the passengers to use/driver

Hmm, like spider mines, or just disc-shaped proximity land-mine things?

Okay - so here's Beta 0_9:

[download now]http://www.c8h10n4o2.co.uk/ut/Bulldog_beta_0_9.ziphttp://www.c8h10n4o2.co.uk/ut/Bulldog_beta_0_9.zip

Added teamskins, fixed some more physics, added custom pancake/roadkill messages and other various tweaks.

Weapon is a placeholder, I still help coding the thing to turn the right way.