UT3 Patch 2.0 Beta 1 Released To Testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ne_skaju

lost and found
Jan 21, 2008
Izvarino
By the way, selecting all gametypes is pretty unlogical: instead of «all gametypes» in list itself, you should select «show all gametypes» in filter.
Also, it doesn't show what gametype server running.

Multiplayer button still leading you to filters menu, though you only setup it once and rarely need to reconfigure it.

Quaglax

May the funk be with you...
Apr 25, 2006
ATL
Well, hardcore PC fans wouldnt be in an uproar had this game not been a console port of a magnificant classic PC game. It should have been the other way around where consolers gets the dumbed down version.

Sorry dude but like someone else said...that excuse doesnt work anymore. I'am a HARDCORE PC fan...have been for 10 years now...dont own any consoles and have played a SLEW of PC games and it doesnt feel it came from a "console" at all. I dont have any idea what you are talking about. The character looks around when I move my mouse, he walks and move when I hit wasd...the game plays on my pc...there is no auto-aim. So WTF do you mean? Whats your point. This is game is FAR from being a "console" game. So, like I said earlier, your excuse is just not valid anymore. Im a pc gamer just as much as you and I absolutely LOVE the game :)

I think you are one of those 14 year old immature "elitests" that I was referring to in my earlier post. :rolleyes:

Quaglax

Apr 25, 2006
ATL
Awwww,... someone forgot to take their Zanax this morning. :( And welcome to The Internets. Did you really open a gaming forum and not expect to find an excessive amount of bitching? *scratches head*

But seriously dude, you got anger issues. It's just a board.

I'm probably in the minority in that I could care less if the UI was pink with purple polka-dots. I'm looking for exactly 2 things in a UI: functionality and ease of use. The retail product failed at both. The patch seems to address a lot of the functionality (like exposing all of the graphic options), and I think we're all universally thrilled about that. As I understand it, the "flow" of the UI hasn't changed a bit, but I can live with that. It wasn't broken before, just annoying.

Umm... try 1 year and 3 months. 2nd Grade Math Fail. :lol:

If you don't wanna try it again then of course that's your option. But as someone who didn't really enjoy UT3 and uninstalled it, I think it looks like the combined patch and bonus pack are adding enough changes and content that you'd be crazy not to try it. I mean, you already bought it, right? You've got nothing to loose. Imagine if you hated 2K3 so much that you refused to try 2K4 if it was offered for free. You'd have missed out on a whole lot of quality gaming...

Man you're stupid...straight up dumb. Sorry bra...Im not a pill popper...just like to smoke the bud once and a while. Anger issues? Are you thinking clearly? Push your glasses back on your nose and stop trying to swing around your epeen.

We have people on here who have done nothing but bitch and whine for the past year and a half about this game...I come on here to state my opinion in ONE post and you say "I" have anger issues? Ok poindexter....

Yeah its just a board...a board about a game I like a lot and over the past year and a half when I come to visit the forum 75% of what I see is lame ass 14 year old "UT" and "PC" elitests constantly whining about a game. It gets old and annoying. Epic fixes something...they still whine...they fix more...they still whine...they give us this huge patch and free expansion and THEY STILL WHINE.

Im not frustrated or mad at all guy. Just stating the fact that you guys look stupid as **** by still bitching. Its not even funny anymore...its just straight up getting old and played out and no one has any really valid reason to bitch anymore. Not liking the carbon fiber texture they added to the UI IS NOT a reason to bitch and whine. Do you guys cry when your mom doesnt get you your chocolate milk too?

And who says "fail" still? Another stupid internet nerd (no offense to nerds cause Im as nerdy as they come) fad that has been played to death and, in my opinion, is just lame as HELL. Fail...fail...zomg....rolfcopterpwnbbq fail...

You must be 14. :rolleyes:

Quaglax

Apr 25, 2006
ATL
If you're here to insult people at least do it right.

There's nothing perfect, some of us just thought the carbon look could use little improvements, what's so bad in that? There's no need to hear your ragecry here. In our world there's no possibilities to improvement without a little criticism.

The Carbon texture is way over scaled. That is the problem.

We're impatient to hear about you doing so.
Did you forgot your meds?

If the ultra super duper wrong scaled texture looks so bad...make one yourself. Or go get a degree in game design...get a job at Epic and fix it yourself there. And yes...bitching about a tiny little carbon fiber texture scaled wrong is definately a lame lame reason to whine. Do you see it when your in a map? NO...does it take anything away from the GAMEPLAY...NO! You guys complained sooo much about the UI (which didnt bother me at all to begin with) and they do this and YOU STILL COMPLAIN!! It really shows maturity and support. With attitudes like this Im surprised Epic is still trying to help you guys out. Sooner or later their gonna leave you behind and not take anything you guys say into account cause all you guys do is bitch no matter WHAT THEY DO...is it nice being high up there on the pedistal? If you got these grand ideas and changes then, like I said, get a job there and fix it yourself. Some of you guys are so pathetic that Im sure they could make the game EXACTLY how you want it to your specs and you would still complain. :rolleyes:

Also the whiners and kids must all think alike since you cant come up with a better line than "did you take your meds today"....just as bad as "fail". Try again guy ;)

Last edited:

Quaglax

Apr 25, 2006
ATL
Multi quot....Oh look there's one of them too :(

Wow because EVERYONE has to post the way you do or...let me guess....its WRONG!?!?!? That seems to be the attitude a lot of people on this forum has. If its not done EXACTLY THE WAY YOU WANT IT DONE ITS GOTTA BE WRONG!! FAIL!!!!!

Way to contribute to the topic genius :)

By the way...I like the new UI :)

Last edited:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
It's just awkward to read, that's all. At a glance, it's like you're responding to posts that have been deleted or something.

-Entropy-

Feb 14, 2008
haha yip.. trust me I know what im doing there :)

Im 100% positive its a bug - Im not using defence points untill its fix.. they defend at path nodes fine, but react slow if at a defence point which are usfull for telling bots where to defend EG sniper towers - I really want this fix for my next map.. it would benifit from the use of defence points but im not gdoing to use them with how it is now.

If you guys can pass that on to epic I would MUCH appretiate it.

[Off Topic]

Defense points work properly, but are not intended to be used in the way you're using them. In UT3 a defense point assumes there is an actual point or object to defend (say, a flag) and if you use them out in the middle of nowhere (like, to defend random area such as a sniper tower) the bots will have nothing to defend and will behave as such.

Sorry dude but like someone else said...that excuse doesnt work anymore. I'am a HARDCORE PC fan...have been for 10 years now...dont own any consoles and have played a SLEW of PC games and it doesnt feel it came from a "console" at all. I dont have any idea what you are talking about. The character looks around when I move my mouse, he walks and move when I hit wasd...the game plays on my pc...there is no auto-aim. So WTF do you mean? Whats your point. This is game is FAR from being a "console" game. So, like I said earlier, your excuse is just not valid anymore. Im a pc gamer just as much as you and I absolutely LOVE the game :)

I think you are one of those 14 year old immature "elitests" that I was referring to in my earlier post. :rolleyes:

UT3 was embarrassingly consolized.

As compared to past UT games, it is frustrating to even go into details. It's not in the game play per say, it's in all that was NOT included in a UT title.

And don't get me started on the poorly optimized net coding that made me feel as if I was SUPPOSED to be playing on a system incapable of garnering a decent ping.

If you can't see that UT3 was consolized it's because either:

A. you don't want to see it.
or,
B. you don't really know any better.

Still very glad to see all the work being done to improve UT's credentials after so long, and especially for free. I can't commend Epic enough for realizing the release was sub par and deserves the barrage of fixes.

If anyone is trying to claim that the game didn't need fixing though,.. umm... I can name at least 1 team of professional developers who obviously disagree. :p

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Pretty sure Epic themselves have been aware over how broken ut3 has been ever since release according to their postmortem.

StreetPreacher

Mar 10, 2001
Man you're stupid...straight up dumb. Sorry bra...
Sorry, but I'm not your bra. Try looking in your top left dresser drawer. Right next to your panties.

I'm not a pill popper...just like to smoke the bud once and a while. Anger issues? Are you thinking clearly? Push your glasses back on your nose and stop trying to swing around your epeen.
I come on here to state my opinion in ONE post and you say "I" have anger issues? Ok poindexter....
Oh no, of course you're not angry. You only said you'd like to beat people up b/c you don't like what they wrote on the Internet. What's next? You gonna take their lunch money too? Someone is most certainly "trying to swing an epeen," but I suggest you look again for the culprit. Definite anger issues. As for your issues with people of higher intelligence ("push your glasses back", "poindexter," "nerd," etc.) I'd suggest that you try not to resent people who know more than you. It's not their fault.

And who says "fail" still? Another stupid internet nerd ... fad that has been played to death
Really? B/c I cracked myself up with that one. Oh well, I guess I'm just not hip enough to be in your super-duper Internet club anymore. Of course, the only thing more pathetic than someone using old memes is someone who actually cares that people are using old memes. It's like pointing out that someone's wearing last year's bra.

Honestly, I don't know why someone as cool as you would even bother coming to this board. You're probably much better off without us.

Edit (see what I did there?): And to answer your question, 'Who says "fail" still?' You, apparently.

Last edited:

Quaglax

Apr 25, 2006
ATL
Post count whoring, is lame, and spammy, and a pita...

Post count whoring? Im sorry...im not trying to "cheat" at getting my post counts up. I dont even care...actually I think its far under where it should be cause I know I've posted a lot more than that in the timeframe I've been a member here. You jealous that I got more than you?

Spammy? Oooooooook....:rolleyes: