OK WTF Honduras!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
What did you expect? Some kind of lethal biodegradable injection? It's a third world country FFS. It's not like they tortured the poor thing by chopping off its limbs.

Dude, people in Cambodia fry and eat spiders all the time. If you want to talk disgusting foods, don't ask what Mahogany bugs are. They're eaten in Thailand.

[m]http://youtu.be/aTt8u9KKpdU[/m]

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
What did you expect? Some kind of lethal biodegradable injection? It's a third world country FFS. It's not like they tortured the poor thing by chopping off its limbs.

Dude, people in Cambodia fry and eat spiders all the time. If you want to talk disgusting foods, don't ask what Mahogany bugs are. They're eaten in Thailand.

[]http://youtu.be/aTt8u9KKpdU[/m]

Wtf does nasty food have to do with the suffering of animals?

[SCREENSHOT]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/25/Inside_a_Balut_-_Embryo_and_Yolk.jpg/576px-Inside_a_Balut_-_Embryo_and_Yolk.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
link

I agree about the top though, not much else you can do besides knock it unconscious and then let blood. I'm not too sure what the normal procedure is, but I don't really think it was necessary to knock it unconscious first, letting blood isn't very painful and doesn't cause much suffering afaik. Edit: Yeah, after thinking about it, it's probably better that they stun it first. A lot of places don't do that and just do the blood letting. Meh.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
If you believe the meat you are eating comes from an animal that died without suffering needlessly, you're wrong.

Nevermind that the meat you are eating most likely comes from an animal that already suffered while living.
it all tastes the same.

by which I mean it tastes great.
especially with the right kind of BBQ sauce.

this thread makes me hungry.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I think Ben wanted to point out Elmur's hipocrisy in assuming that his meat has been slaughtered more humanely than that Honduras bull(btw. didn't bother watching that video, seen enough live).

edit: ok, now I did watch the video. that wasn't so bad. no unneccessary violence etc. Just like halal or kosher isn't that bad either...

No hypocrisy. You people presume too much. If you had been paying attention you might have noticed that I am familiar with the processes The meat in America goes through to get to my table. Granted that info was after his post.

The issues I have with the video in my orrigonal post are:
Unnecessary violence.
Guns are readily available in Honduras and not that costly. I looked it up.
They did this in front of a child with a camera.
They didn't have the brains to have a big enough knife and to stab in the proper location.

Yes hitting it over the head is brutal. But to be honest it probably served the purpose of stunning it just fine. It's the exabitionary manner they did this and that death was by exanguation from multiple stab wounds, etc.

I was also a bit incensed that somebody was cruel enough to think this funny. Which probably makes the video seem even worse to me.

I realize I didn't point any of this out in my original post. I rashly forgot that many of you people were afflicted with cranial rectal inversion.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
[GU]elmur_fud;2518521 said:
The issues I have with the video in my orrigonal post are:
Unnecessary violence.
Nope.
Guns are readily available in Honduras and not that costly. I looked it up.
That's not the right way of going about things, just the dumb way.
They did this in front of a child with a camera.
So? They can leave.
They didn't have the brains to have a big enough knife and to stab in the proper location.
Wrong.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Jacks:SmirkingRevenge, Making a unsubstantiated claim is not the same as as being a jerk but trying to make it seem the same just might be.

Here is a small sampling, B4 my Chrome box collector's edition concept for DNF years ago there weren't many actual collector's tin's, in fact just 1 to my knowledge. Return to Castle Wolfenstien. The DNF forums were flooded with hits, there were people claimbing it was the actual design. My website was knocked offline a couple times my webalizer should over 15 million hits for those pics over 3 month period. Within 6 months collectors tins started popping up all over. Just how much money has the industry made on that little realization. I designed a optical mouse 3 years b4 one was ever announced for the market, my design was impractical as it used lasers and a reflective grid mouse pad combo, additionally a patent for one was filed a year earlier. I didn't know that till much later. I did however win a high-school science fair with my working prototype. I have an uncle who started a business offering a medical data service. I advised him to go digital with it even designed the website and simple .js app that would allow people to input the pertinent info all of which and a first aid manual could be bundled on a thumb drive. He dismissed the idea as being "idiotic" About 2 years later a company started up doing exactly that, it's now covering a estimated 40% of the US and growing. I could continue but I realize you enjoy annoying me more then you care about whether I might not actually be delusional. So please enjoy.

@SleepyHe4d
With a gun the animal could have been killed in 1 shot.

The knife wasn't big enough for their angle of attack It could not reach the heart. A 12" blade will only suffice from the side just below and behind the right front leg.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
[GU]elmur_fud;2518563 said:
@SleepyHe4d
With a gun the animal could have been killed in 1 shot.

The knife wasn't big enough for their angle of attack It could not reach the heart. A 12" blade will only suffice from the side just below and behind the right front leg.

Using a gun for this task is:
1. Dangerous
2. Causes public disturbance
3. Probably illegal (to use out in the open and in public)
4. Messy
5. Might ruin meat, get pieces of brain or bone in the blood stream
6. Causes collateral damage
7. Expensive
8. POINTLESS
9. They could probably get a captive bolt gun for the same investment, but it's a pointless investment since the way they do it works fine. Who knows what financial problems it would cause them too.

As for the knife, they cut the arteries in the neck to let it bleed out. They didn't stab it to death and they wouldn't stab it in the heart. That could just pointlessly waste and ruin meat. Bleeding animals out is common and standard procedure.

lrn2slaughter

Mar 6, 2004
Using a gun for this task is:
1. Dangerous
2. Causes public disturbance
3. Probably illegal (to use out in the open and in public)
4. Messy
5. Might ruin meat, get pieces of brain or bone in the blood stream
6. Causes collateral damage
7. Expensive
8. POINTLESS
9. They could probably get a captive bolt gun for the same investment, but it's a pointless investment since the way they do it works fine. Who knows what financial problems it would cause them too.

As for the knife, they cut the arteries in the neck to let it bleed out. They didn't stab it to death and they wouldn't stab it in the heart. That could just pointlessly waste and ruin meat. Bleeding animals out is common and standard procedure.

lrn2slaughter

If they can't get money to kill them without the pain, they should not be doing this. I'm still goin to eat meat, though. Just sad how some places handle their shit. But this is how the real world works. Humans do it to other humans every single day. Atleast the pain is short! now if they did it for sport just to hurt the animal (like those fuckin fur bitches), then they should be skinned alive themselves. I hate those fur bitches the MOST!!!!!!! and it's not even close! skinning them alive...i swear if i ever saw a skinner in action, he/they will be the ones being skinned, spat on, laughed at, etc etc.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Here is a small sampling, B4 my Chrome box collector's edition concept for DNF years ago there weren't many actual collector's tin's, in fact just 1 to my knowledge. Return to Castle Wolfenstien. The DNF forums were flooded with hits, there were people claimbing it was the actual design. My website was knocked offline a couple times my webalizer should over 15 million hits for those pics over 3 month period. Within 6 months collectors tins started popping up all over. Just how much money has the industry made on that little realization. I designed a optical mouse 3 years b4 one was ever announced for the market, my design was impractical as it used lasers and a reflective grid mouse pad combo, additionally a patent for one was filed a year earlier. I didn't know that till much later. I did however win a high-school science fair with my working prototype. I have an uncle who started a business offering a medical data service. I advised him to go digital with it even designed the website and simple .js app that would allow people to input the pertinent info all of which and a first aid manual could be bundled on a thumb drive. He dismissed the idea as being "idiotic" About 2 years later a company started up doing exactly that, it's now covering a estimated 40% of the US and growing. I could continue but I realize you enjoy annoying me more then you care about whether I might not actually be delusional. So please enjoy.

161gkur.jpg

this concludes my response.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0waNRaz6wU[/M]